• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Daryl Dragon

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From CBS News:

Daryl Dragon, the musician best known as the "Captain" in '70s and '80s husband-and-wife duo The Captain and Tennille, died Wednesday, his publicist said in a statement. The cause of death was renal (kidney) failure, publicist Harlan Boll said. He was 76. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/captai...ical-duo-cause-of-death-kidney-renal-failure/

“Muskrat Love” say it’s not so.........Toni was a young man’s fancy.....

“Do that to me one more time”.

The music of the Captain and Tennille was part of my childhood. When I think of them, I think of the summers I spent at Bay Ridge beach with my grandparents. Some of the very few good memories of my childhood I have.

R.I.P. sir...

Last edited:
Their TV show was cheesy, but fun. Frankly, I preferred the Carpenters but the C&T version of "Wedding Song (There Is Love)" is one of my closet favorites.

Awwwww...Not The Captain.......

Man, yesterday was not a good day for 76 year-olds.

Mean’ Gene Okerlund, Bob Einstein (aka Super Dave Osborne, aka Marty Funkhauser), and of course Daryl Dragon, all passed away on January 2nd – all at age 76.

Back
Top Bottom