• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(R) Asa Hutchinson 'non-DJT' Candidate for President 2024

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Out of the Republican candidates so far, and if a Republican were to win the 2024 presidential election, I'd rather it be this one. Not that I think he has a snowball's chance in MAL to win it. I didn't realize that he's now 72. Man, do we need younger blood to seek the oval office.

BBNvr6N.img

“I hear people talk about the leadership of our country, and I’m convinced that people want leaders that appeal to the best of America, and not simply appeal to our worst instincts,” Hutchinson said. “And that inspires me when I see everyday Americans just saying: Give us good leadership.”

When you’re looking at Trump, it’s going to be a circus,” said Hutchinson.

Hutchinson called Trump's indictment "too much of a sideshow and distraction" for the GOP primary, reiterating in his view that Trump should drop out.

Hutchinson said Trump has a "presumption of innocence" but "needs to be able to concentrate on his due process."

I won't vote for a Republican in 2024. Not Hutchinson, not Christie, not Haley... none of them can be trusted.

The more that jump in the more they will divide the non-Trump vote and assure Trump becomes the Candidate.
It's too late - Trump's very likely to be their candidate.

No elected Republican with anything to lose has the balls to challenge him.

The more that jump in the more they will divide the non-Trump vote and assure Trump becomes the Candidate.

I doubt it. I think DeathSantis takes that honor, especially if TFG gets arrested.

Non-Trump ?

Hutchinson repeatedly sticked his head into Trump's ass while President, praising him as a gift for the country.

Besides, Hutchinson is a radical Republican, passing a hardcore inhumane anti-abortion law that even excludes cases of rape and incest !

He also made prescription drugs more unaffordable for senior citizens.

It's these truthful words by Governor Hutchinson that'll doom his chances in the Repub Primary.

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson said that much of the Republican Party is looking for an "off-ramp" from former President Donald Trump's bogus theory that the 2020 election was stolen.

Speaking to "Fox News Sunday" host Bret Baier, Hutchinson said Sunday that Trump is "politically and morally responsible" for much of the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

He suggested that many Republicans are looking for alternative leadership as Trump continues to falsely insist on the claim that inspired those riots — that there was widespread election fraud.

It's these truthful words by Governor Hutchinson that'll doom his chances in the Repub Primary.

Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson said that much of the Republican Party is looking for an "off-ramp" from former President Donald Trump's bogus theory that the 2020 election was stolen.

Speaking to "Fox News Sunday" host Bret Baier, Hutchinson said Sunday that Trump is "politically and morally responsible" for much of the January 6 riot at the Capitol.

He suggested that many Republicans are looking for alternative leadership as Trump continues to falsely insist on the claim that inspired those riots — that there was widespread election fraud.

Yeah, but would he vote for Trump if Trump is the nominee?

Yeah, but would he vote for Trump if Trump is the nominee?
That's a good question in which my answer is I really don't know. That's because there's been so many Repubs who have dinged DJT of hiss idiotic actions but yet, they end up supporting him. Asa Hutchison could very well end up doing that.

My point about Asa Hutchinson is that at this point in the race, IF a Repub were to win the election, I'd rather it would be him. There is another better Repub, who I think would be better than Asa Hutchinson but highly doubt that he'll throw his hat into the slop jar.

That's a good question in which my answer is I really don't know. That's because there's been so many Repubs who have dinged DJT of hiss idiotic actions but yet, they end up supporting him. Asa Hutchison could very well end up doing that.

My point about Asa Hutchinson is that at this point in the race, IF a Repub were to win the election, I'd rather it would be him. There is another better Repub, who I think would be better than Asa Hutchinson but highly doubt that he'll throw his hat into the slop jar.

Someone needs to ask him that question. And if the answer is yes, is he really any better than Trump, if he would vote to support that again? Just because Hutchinson seems better, would he really be? Did he ever speak out against Trump when Trump was in the white house? Or Since, until now? There is no republican I'd trust right now.

Someone needs to ask him that question. And if the answer is yes, is he really any better than Trump, if he would vote to support that again? Just because Hutchinson seems better, would he really be? Did he ever speak out against Trump when Trump was in the white house? Or Since, until now? There is no republican I'd trust right now.
I'd be surprised if Asa Hutchinson would even admit to that, but he might when asked because I'm pretty sure he'll be asked. I personally don't fully trust any politician - especially 99.8% of the Repub politicians who run/ran for office since the turn of this century. As far as Asa Hutchinson goes, I hope he rips the hell out of DJT during their Primary but I don't see him going all evil on DJT's sorry ass.

I'd be surprised if Asa Hutchinson would even admit to that, but he might when asked because I'm pretty sure he'll be asked. I personally don't fully trust any politician - especially 99.8% of the Repub politicians who run/ran for office since the turn of this century. As far as Asa Hutchinson goes, I hope he rips the hell out of DJT during their Primary but I don't see him going all evil on DJT's sorry ass.

Nope, he'll end up kissing Trump's ass as they all do. No, I don't trust any politician fully, but anyone who won't fully denounce Jan 6, all those involved in any way and all that led up to I can't trust at all. And I haven't seen one of those except Kinzinger & Cheney.

Charlie Baker and Larry Hogan would get my vote.

Back
Top Bottom