• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[quote]Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019https://www

Plus Ultra

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

President Donald J Trump will be replacing Notorious RBG, the lovechild of the left, and so will remake the Supreme Court for a generation.
https://www.smobserved.com/story/20...u6aCiaA5VDZ8_ZJJnjPLl8Mn0GmUMut0QoLhm8KfFpcok
I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else, the article is 2 days old. It is plausible, she is 85, has had problems with cancer. It would be sad to lose such a brilliant jurist and I expect another acrimonious fight to appoint a successor along the now customary partisan approach.

If true, that would be a wise decision.

Strange there's no other source on this, also that the dateline was 11/25 and I've found notes online talking about her relapse about a week earlier. Again, it is plausible, she is very old, cancer can recur, when hospitalized for her fractured ribs they could have detected the relapse, but it makes no sense for mainstream media to suppress the story during the race for Mississippi's Senate seat. I'd prefer Ginsburg hold on a year or so, would give newly appointed Judge Noemi Rao time to post a few significant decisions, have them upheld by the Supreme Court, so then Trump could offer a solid female candidate to replace Ginsburg.

I don't see this on Fox or on WaPo, soooo.....

Indeed, if it was happening.

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Conservatives suddenly orgasmed in ecstasy and never shut up about it."

obi-wan.png

Well, wishing Ginsberg all the best, but am also glad this means another Constitutional Textualist to be nominated to SCOTUS.
I'm sure this prospect will make a lot of liberal / progressive's heads explode and fell betrayed by Ginsberg, as they typically are counting on SCOTUS to force their political and social agendas that they wouldn't possibly get through the legislature, at least so far.
(But who knows? With all the liberal / progressive indoctrinated young from the 'education system' reaching voting age)

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Conservatives suddenly orgasmed in ecstasy and never shut up about it."

obi-wan.png

You mean like the left does regarding the Mueller probe?

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019

I haven't seen anything about this anywhere else, the article is 2 days old. It is plausible, she is 85, has had problems with cancer. It would be sad to lose such a brilliant jurist and I expect another acrimonious fight to appoint a successor along the now customary partisan approach.

That story is much older than Nov 25, 2018. The writer may have updated that article on that particular date, but the same story has been mentioned on another forum on October 10.

I would take it with a mega-sized grain of salt ...

If true, this would be front page news in every newspaper in America.

You're not looking in the right places...Try bodybuilding.com, Stormfront, forums.azBilliards for starters.:cool:

So basically, the fringe sites with zero credibility?

Seriously, if this was a story broken on 11/9/18 discussed on bodybuilding.com, Tucker and Hannity would be all over it, not to mention the 45 stalwart's at DP.:comp:

January is just about a month away, we'll find out then.

Well, wishing Ginsberg all the best, but am also glad this means another Constitutional Textualist to be nominated to SCOTUS.
I'm sure this prospect will make a lot of liberal / progressive's heads explode and fell betrayed by Ginsberg, as they typically are counting on SCOTUS to force their political and social agendas that they wouldn't possibly get through the legislature, at least so far.
(But who knows? With all the liberal / progressive indoctrinated young from the 'education system' reaching voting age)

Unfortunately for you, it would be wrong for a President to have a SCOTUS pick so close to a Presidential election... or at least that is what conservatives were saying in 2016.

Last edited:

obi-wan.png

Yeah, I have a little wet spot 'down there'. So what?

That story is much older than Nov 25, 2018. The writer may have updated that article on that particular date, but the same story has been mentioned on another forum on October 10.

I would take it with a mega-sized grain of salt ...

It was also in July of this year, and also in 2017 , several times.

Unfortunately for you, it would be wrong for a President to have a SCOTUS pick so close to a Presidential election... or at least that is what conservatives were saying in 2016.

the only rules left anymore are winning. Trump has the numbers in the senate so he should appoint anyone he wants whenever he wants and that person shall be confirmed.

:shrug:

GOP has the majority in the Senate.
The Senate confirms nominations.
With that POS Reid creating the nuclear option, no problem if the GOP use it.

You mean like the left does regarding the Mueller probe?

Yep, exactly the same. Aren't you proud that your conduct is exactly that of an eeebil librul?

And seeing as how the Mueller probe is always "fake news" maybe it is the same. Fake news, and you fell for it.

the only rules left anymore are winning. Trump has the numbers in the senate so he should appoint anyone he wants whenever he wants and that person shall be confirmed.

Well, whenever there's a vacancy....but good to know the Republican party has no principles.

Would this be according to "anonymous sources?" I thought we weren't supposed to believe them. Or is that only when it reflects negatively on the orange god?

Back
Top Bottom