• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Quizzes to match you to a candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: U.S. Presidential Candidate

Gary Johnson- 81%
Mitt Romney- 77%
Virgil Goode- 58%
Barack Obama- 13%

How comical. While you present yourself as a Right Libertarian, your idol(Milton Friedman) was always more of a conservative pragmatist. Modern (R) Libertarians present themselves as Minarchists, no? "I am not an Anarchist" - Milton Friedman. :2wave:

Modern (R) Libertarians present themselves as Minarchists, no?
"I am not an anarchist."

"I am not an anarchist."

While modern (R)Libertarians are. Funny how your profile picture directly contradicts your leaning and apparent support for Johnson.

I have never met a libertarian who claimed he was an anarchist, although I suppose if they were extreme enough they would be. Regardless, Milton Friedman was a libertarian.

I have never met a libertarian who claimed he was an anarchist, although I suppose if they were extreme enough they would be. Regardless, Milton Friedman was a libertarian.
Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible for someone to be a true anarchist, as I understand the word...

Complete lack of any government? Does anyone seriously support that, even if they claim to?

Then again I suppose it depends how you define government...

Sometimes I wonder if it's even possible for someone to be a true anarchist, as I understand the word...

Complete lack of any government? Does anyone seriously support that, even if they claim to?

Then again I suppose it depends how you define government...

I've read posts supporting anarchism.
I've also read posts stating that the Earth is only a few thousand years old, that the US government brought down the world trade center, that global warming is a hoax, and that Obama was born in Kenya.

Some people will believe anything.

I took the quiz - 86% Romney made sense, even 78% Gary Johnson, but to end up even 41% in agreement with Obama tells me that the authors of the quiz have a skewed and inaccurate assessment of Obama's views (or at least what I believe Obama stands for).

The original anarchists (not to be confused with the dickheads that go around tossing bricks and Molitovs) are really the natural extension of libertarians (not to be confused with the common American version of self-described libertarians). It means without formal leadership, so yes without any formal government. The units of cooperation at any given moment tend to be either quite small or mob-like in nature.

In the meat world it tends to involve living in the woods. By yourself. Maybe with a few friends/associates. :D

The internet though is far more supportive of it, at least once you are inside it (connection to the internet is a different matter). The reason it functions there has to do with the ease of mobility, reorganizing into a different group is just a mouse click away (to crutch on a cliche :3oops:). Also, 'starving' from time to time is acceptable as long as your meat body gets its Cheetos to keep you going and your power/internet utilities don't get cut off. ;)

Last edited:

Quiz results.jpg
This be mine

By candidate:

90% Jill Stein (Green)
83% Barrack Obama (Dem)
61% Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
9% Mitt Romney (Rep)

By party:

95% Dem
92% Green
24% Libertarian
13% Rep

I would say you can erase "Liberal" and change it to "Conservative" on your avatar.
Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are far, far more libertarian than they are conservative. And yes, there is a HUGE difference.

I ended up with my top two of 95% Ron Paul and 95% Gary Johnson with like 76% with Romney (lol wut?) only 9% with Obama (This one surprised me more than the Romney which was still a shocker.) Post your results.

My results = I side 95% with Ron Paul

99% Gary Johnson
67% Virgil Goode

Absolutely no surprise there.

Gary Johnson's my homeboy for 2012

LOL well, I guess I know who I need to vote for. Pretty one-sided.

137401837.jpg

Who is this Jill Stein and how can I subscribe to her newsletter?

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/127764179.jpg

Jill is a progressive/liberal unlike Obama who I think is very moderate for a US politician even conservative in some areas such as offshore drilling, and military.

I guess you can think of her as someone that's primarily focused on issues such as education and science & tech.

side with.jpg Gary Johnson 2012!!!

Great quiz, Imo.

I was 96% Gary Johnson, btw.

Oh gosh. I had no idea that it would would rate me like it did. I wouldn't expect a retired computer design engineer to have the results it came up with. Obama 79% and Romney 9%. I thought a lot of my preference was due to my experience with CEO types, but the test didn't pick that up with it's questions. If I add that in myself then...

I have to add that we expect to do very well ourselves reguardless of who is elected. For example we've done very well during the last 8 years, e.g. selling a home just as the bubble turned in AZ and buying in distressed MI then buying two more in AZ and they are going up fast now.

Last edited:

I got Stein the other night, something like 70%. Some of the issues I am not knowledgeable enough to be sure on.

The tool is invalid. I got a 98% for Romney (shouldn't be that high) but a 56% for Obama, this should be 0.

I was 87 percent Gary Johnson, whom I know almost zilch about. 85 percent Romney. 33 percent Obama.

Interestingly enough I was 87 percent Gary Johnson, 86 percent Barack Obama, 85 percent Jill Stein, (good ol Mitt was at a measly 9%) - which is strange since Im 87% Green, 84% Democrat, 41% Libertarian, 1% Republican

also just of note - the only big ticket issue that obama and i disagree on was the capital punishment, im no he's yes

and another thing - some of the answers aren't really not siding on stuff - for example a question on the patriot act - my state's answer was no, my answer was no and laws should be passed to prohibit the government from surveillance - i mean yea im a lil more extreme on the subject, but why would it say that I disagree with the majority of my state - sounds like we both said no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom