• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quit Smoking And Started Vaping

Green Balls

Resident Cat Expert
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I quit smoking a month ago and started vaping. I noticed a thread from 6 months ago but I don't like reviving old threads. Anyone else here vape?

The occasional green vape, if you get my drift.

I quit smoking a month ago and started vaping. I noticed a thread from 6 months ago but I don't like reviving old threads. Anyone else here vape?

I do, but I haven't given up cigs entirely.

That was pretty much how I quit smoking. I switched to e-cigs without any nicotine, then after the first couple of weeks, it was a matter of giving up the habitual rituals and routines. The entire process probably took a couple of months. It wasn't as difficult as I expected, but I will probably always want a cigarette. I enjoyed smoking- I just didn't like the effects on my health. Good luck with it.

eGo 1300 battery $22
Evod rebuildable clearomizer $6 + $3/extra head
Blueberry and blackberry e-juice $16/50ml

Electronic Cigarette USA Best Buy e Cigarette Liquid Online

I've tried many, I like this setup the best. I haven't tried the $150-200 models.

I was invited to an MC clubhouse last summer. Every biker there was vaping up a storm. They had impressive kits that they carried around with which they could put their vaper misters together in many different ways. My first thought was that all of them would have been smoking cigs 10 years ago. Some still carried a pack of the real things, but insisted that they were close to going for vaping alone.

Some of the models I saw were very expensive. I just commented how cool they were and how clean the air was as I slapped another pinch of Copenhagen under my lip. They were impressed that I never spit. Truth be known, after you get used to dip it no longer makes you salivate.

Dip got me off of cigs almost 9 years ago. I never thought that I might still be dipping this much later. Would vaping get me off of dip? Probably, but it would certainly cost more. You also can't vape while riding your bike. At least I wouldn't want to try it then.

e-cigs have come a long way.

I was invited to an MC clubhouse last summer. Every biker there was vaping up a storm. They had impressive kits that they carried around with which they could put their vaper misters together in many different ways. My first thought was that all of them would have been smoking cigs 10 years ago. Some still carried a pack of the real things, but insisted that they were close to going for vaping alone.

Some of the models I saw were very expensive. I just commented how cool they were and how clean the air was as I slapped another pinch of Copenhagen under my lip. They were impressed that I never spit. Truth be known, after you get used to dip it no longer makes you salivate.

Dip got me off of cigs almost 9 years ago. I never thought that I might still be dipping this much later. Would vaping get me off of dip? Probably, but it would certainly cost more. You also can't vape while riding your bike. At least I wouldn't want to try it then.

e-cigs have come a long way.

I still smoke cigs sometimes, after meals or something stressful, but I've gone from ~15/day to 2/day or less.

It has greatly reduced my morning cough.

eGo 1300 battery $22
Evod rebuildable clearomizer $6 + $3/extra head
Blueberry and blackberry e-juice $16/50ml

Electronic Cigarette USA Best Buy e Cigarette Liquid Online

I've tried many, I like this setup the best. I haven't tried the $150-200 models.

My wife just bought an iTaste MVP 2.0 and it works great. She has the Nautilus Mini tank. She gets pretty impressive clouds and flavor with that setup given it is not a mod. The MVP cost $70 but you can get it for less online.

I am ready to upgrade so I bought a Stingray Mod clone and the accessories to build my setup. That should arrive before this weekend. For every day vaping I have a Spinner II with an Aerotank Mega. I'll let you know how it goes with the mod if I don't blow myself up.

I hate to see punks getting into vaping as a cool thing. I'm proud of all of you for getting into it for the right reasons and it working out well for you all. I'm seeing a rise in cig smoking in kids everywhere I look and it's depressing to see.

I've worked in the industry, and I fell out of it by whistle-blowing.

Please reconsider.

I've been over this issue before, so here's a giant summary I wrote for Goshin a while back. I know it's long -- there's a lot of problems to cover.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/off-t...-tobaccos-next-big-move-4.html#post1061921670

Since I wrote that, it has actually been proven -- as I suspected -- that there are metal particles coming off the atomizer when you inhale.

There are many ways to quit smoking, and there are also better proven harm reduction methods. The corruption and lack of regulation within the industry is a potentially major threat to health, in my opinion. If you are insistent on doing it this way, please at least consider taking the steps I list to minimize your risk.

I don't know what that is. Is that the e-ciggie craze? I thought it had been outlawed.

I recommend nicotine gum. Generic, to hold down cost. There are also lozenges, but those cost more.

E-ciggies will still cause wrinkles around your mouth.

Yeah, I vape like a locomotive. Only person I know whose nicotine intake increased after he quit smoking.

Yes, I vape. Been two years since I last touched tobacco.

I notice that some still smoke as well as vape. Perhaps they need to consider the nicotine content of their vapor and adjust it so there is less to no desire to smoke.

I've worked in the industry, and I fell out of it by whistle-blowing.

Please reconsider.

I've been over this issue before, so here's a giant summary I wrote for Goshin a while back. I know it's long -- there's a lot of problems to cover.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/off-t...-tobaccos-next-big-move-4.html#post1061921670

Since I wrote that, it has actually been proven -- as I suspected -- that there are metal particles coming off the atomizer when you inhale.

There are many ways to quit smoking, and there are also better proven harm reduction methods. The corruption and lack of regulation within the industry is a potentially major threat to health, in my opinion. If you are insistent on doing it this way, please at least consider taking the steps I list to minimize your risk.

Typical progressive leftist bs. Don't make incremental improvements but instead insist on absolutes.

Typical progressive leftist bs. Don't make incremental improvements but instead insist on absolutes.

Um, what? What "absolutes" did I give here? How did you manage to turn someone's work experience into a partisan hack issue. Are you serious, dude? :lol:

Ok, whatever. If you don't care what you do to yourself, then I guess that's on you. Have fun. Other people who like using their brains are free to read my post above, and assess the issue how they like. :coffeepap

I do, but I haven't given up cigs entirely.

Same here. Dropped me down to below 10 cigs a day, which is progress for me.
Started with 1.4% and have dropped that down to 1.2%, and figure on continuing down on that as well.

Um, what? What "absolutes" did I give here? How did you manage to turn someone's work experience into a partisan hack issue. Are you serious, dude? :lol:

Ok, whatever. If you don't care what you do to yourself, then I guess that's on you. Have fun. Other people who like using their brains are free to read my post above, and assess the issue how they like. :coffeepap

A progressive telling others to use their brains. How ironically hilarious.

Vaping is better than smoking. Of course, maybe you believe that all those who want to quite smoking can also stop using nicotine. Patches, gum and lozenges don't work for me. That leaves me vapor or smoking. I don't vape for pleasure, I vape to control medical issues. What I'm doing to myself may indeed be a short term gain with longterm affects. But then, without those short term gains, my quality of life wouldn't make it worth reaching the time when I have to pay the piper.

Further, you don't present complete data, but rather incomplete data that "proves" your point of view. Typical of leftist. Do you have data collected on every single cartomizer/atomizer on the market? No. Further, in the past you have exerted that all come from the same factory despite the fact that there are different manufactures who use different materials and that they are manufactured in different countries.

I have read some of what you've posted in the past. I also notice that you only choose those that limit their testing and "results" to what fulfills your closed minded ideas and fanaticisms.

You are a fanatic about it. You are no more to be trusted on the issue than a radical muslim "cleric" can be trusted on the issue of religious freedom and tolerance.

It is you who should use your mind, not others who haven't displayed blind fanaticism.

A progressive telling others to use their brains. How ironically hilarious.

Vaping is better than smoking. Of course, maybe you believe that all those who want to quite smoking can also stop using nicotine. Patches, gum and lozenges don't work for me. That leaves me vapor or smoking. I don't vape for pleasure, I vape to control medical issues. What I'm doing to myself may indeed be a short term gain with longterm affects. But then, without those short term gains, my quality of life wouldn't make it worth reaching the time when I have to pay the piper.

Further, you don't present complete data, but rather incomplete data that "proves" your point of view. Typical of leftist. Do you have data collected on every single cartomizer/atomizer on the market? No. Further, in the past you have exerted that all come from the same factory despite the fact that there are different manufactures who use different materials and that they are manufactured in different countries.

I have read some of what you've posted in the past. I also notice that you only choose those that limit their testing and "results" to what fulfills your closed minded ideas and fanaticisms.

You are a fanatic about it. You are no more to be trusted on the issue than a radical muslim "cleric" can be trusted on the issue of religious freedom and tolerance.

It is you who should use your mind, not others who haven't displayed blind fanaticism.

I don't believe any of those things, which is why I wrote an entire section on vaping harm reduction. Can you even read?

You have no basis to claim vaping is better than smoking. And I'm not claiming anything except that there are clear potential sources of danger that currently have no public research or regulations dedicated towards understanding or minimizing them. And that is a serious issue.

If someone wants to get into vaping because they think it's totally safe and "just water vapor," then they deserve to know the truth, which is that our current knowledge cannot confirm that with any degree of certainty, and there is evidence of several risk factors, although we do not currently know how or what they affect in people. That vaping is known to be safe is a lie that companies are telling people.

My point of view is very simply that there are valid concerns which are not being made clear to consumers, and have not been investigated appropriately. I mean, how many times did I say, "I don't know"? And the fact that I don't know, even after working within the industry, is really messed up.

I was a smoker who started vaping, dude That's how I wound up in the industry. I changed my stance to one of caution and admonishment towards a dishonest industry after seeing it from the inside. Most of the issues I talk about (diacetyl, metal particles, lack of testing, lack of regulation, etc) are things you can freely verify from a million different places, including e-cig communities themselves.

My issue is very simply that people are being intentionally deceived about where we are in our understanding and safety measures regarding e-cigarettes. And I wish nothing more than that they would step up to the plate and fix those things, since I have never encountered anything which can more effectively get someone at cigarettes. It's a damn shame that it is so unregulated and has so many potential risks because people just aren't doing the work to make it as safe as they claim it is.

You're the one who's dismissing everything as "leftist lies" (uh, since when is the left anti-quit-smoking? I didn't get that memo), and you think I'M a fanatic? That's hilarious. :lol:

Like I said, do with the information what you will. If it's all too threatening to you to have to think about it and maybe appreciate nuance in reality, that's up to you.

I quit smoking cigarettes abvout 25 years ago.

But I still would vape weed. I made a vaporizer out of a burned out light bulb, a bottle cap and a pen. It worked awesome.

I quit 15+ years ago now. Don't vape don't want to vape. When I turn 65 I'll take up a pipe (assuming pipe tobacco is still available) and I'll smoke it when and as often as I want to. None of us gets through life alive and there's a chance I may not even want to smoke a pipe in another 18 years.... we'll see.

I quit 15+ years ago now. Don't vape don't want to vape. When I turn 65 I'll take up a pipe (assuming pipe tobacco is still available) and I'll smoke it when and as often as I want to. None of us gets through life alive and there's a chance I may not even want to smoke a pipe in another 18 years.... we'll see.

Exactly. When the days comes that I'm told that my time is winding down, and that whatever I have can't be treated successfully, I'll probably start smoking again. I know it can be a nasty habit, but I enjoyed it. The reason I quit is that I don't want to have lung disease which renders me unable to go and do what I want.

Exactly. When the days comes that I'm told that my time is winding down, and that whatever I have can't be treated successfully, I'll probably start smoking again. I know it can be a nasty habit, but I enjoyed it. The reason I quit is that I don't want to have lung disease which renders me unable to go and do what I want.

There's a guy at my work who is cashed out. He's been on oxygen tanks for years but he'd still go to his car to smoke. About 2 months ago he stopped coming to work and is getting his affairs in order because the time is really really close and he can't walk much at all anymore. Really sad. He's going out like my grandmother did. On oxygen and still can't stop smoking.

There's a guy at my work who is cashed out. He's been on oxygen tanks for years but he'd still go to his car to smoke. About 2 months ago he stopped coming to work and is getting his affairs in order because the time is really really close and he can't walk much at all anymore. Really sad. He's going out like my grandmother did. On oxygen and still can't stop smoking.

I had a home health patient years ago who was the same. He had the worst lung disease of any person I've ever seen. Could barely breathe, just sitting at rest, but he still smoked. It blew my mind. He'd smoke WITH his oxygen on. If it had been me, some catastrophe would have happened when I did that, but guy was just unbelievable. It was sad, and he could be a pretty rough customer to deal with, but there was something about that crusty old codger that I loved anyway. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom