• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quinn demands gun limits in concealed carry law. [W:60]

How about Quinn takes a long walk off a short bridge.
Too quick, I'd rather he drink draino and do the eaten from the inside out dance of death.

I would love to any information you have on that.
Especially considering the Chicago SCOTUS case was heard because of the complaints of an elderly black man. :lol:

I'll head back to my belief in coming to an agreement on the federal level to apply to all 50 states that we have one set of gun laws. This guarantees gun-owner states like Florida a seat at the table with their oft-copied law. The Illinois law has too many holes in it, even if not amended. In other words, I believe the 10th amendment causes more problems than it solves, especially in Illinois with a governor I normally support.
They still lean to the left some but they do cover as many angles on a story as they can and it shows, they tend to piss off all the politicians in Chicago---which is what they should be doing if they are doing their job.

I'll head back to my belief in coming to an agreement on the federal level to apply to all 50 states that we have one set of gun laws. This guarantees gun-owner states like Florida a seat at the table with their oft-copied law. The Illinois law has too many holes in it, even if not amended. In other words, I believe the 10th amendment causes more problems than it solves, especially in Illinois with a governor I normally support.
The federal has no power to do so, they can go to hell. They've gotten more than their due, NO MORE, and eventually we'll take back what they've cheated to get.

Unfortunately, the US is a rape culture

Mmmm... Not really. From your own link...

Although the concept of rape culture is used in feminist academia,[8] there is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and to what degree a given society meets the criteria to be considered a rape culture.

Sorry but the "feminists" do not define our culture to suit there political agenda.

Mmmm... Not really. From your own link...

Although the concept of rape culture is used in feminist academia,[8] there is disagreement over what defines a rape culture and to what degree a given society meets the criteria to be considered a rape culture.

Sorry but the "feminists" do not define our culture to suit there political agenda.
Others have defined rape culture as well.....

"...Others also link rape culture to environmental insecurities, where men objectify women as part of their struggle to control their immediate environment. It is also linked to gender segregation, and the belief that rape proves masculinity. Other manifestations of rape culture include denial of widespread rape, institutional apathy towards the problem of rape, minimization of rape cases by government officials, and excusing rapists as social anomalies...."

Rape culture is perpetuated via language used in every day conversations. This plays into the normalization and belittling of rape. Often "joking" about rape in cyberspace is a common occurrence.
...read...."

It's uncanny how well that defines the conservative's culture of rape agenda.

"...Others also link rape culture to environmental insecurities, where men objectify women as part of their struggle to control their immediate environment. It is also linked to gender segregation, and the belief that rape proves masculinity. Other manifestations of rape culture include denial of widespread rape, institutional apathy towards the problem of rape, minimization of rape cases by government officials, and excusing rapists as social anomalies...."

Rape culture is perpetuated via language used in every day conversations. This plays into the normalization and belittling of rape. Often "joking" about rape in cyberspace is a common occurrence.
...read...."

Moot, you see, would much rather go for a thread about victimization than the actual thread topic. Please dont indulge her. This derail is so transparent it ought to be scheduled like a train.

That's interesting, because to me it's uncanny just how far away our society is from what you describe. Much less 'how well that defines the conservative's culture of rape agenda.'

Moot, you see, would much rather go for a thread about victimization than the actual thread topic. Please dont indulge her. This derail is so transparent it ought to be scheduled like a train.

Heya OC
yo2.gif
.....glad you caught the deflection. As that issue has nothing to do with Quinn and his Temp Veto until they override it.

I would love to any information you have on that.

Here ya go Jerry. ;)

Neighborhood leaders, anti-crime activists and police officials worry about additional mayhem in Chicago. But other residents, including some who live in Chicago's more violent areas, believe more guns will allow them to defend themselves better.

"We just had a weekend where something like 48 people were shot, seven died," said Otis McDonald, 79, one of the plaintiffs in the lawsuit that ended with the U.S. Supreme Court tossing out Chicago's strict gun ban three years ago. "Now law abiding citizens like myself ... can carry them when they want to and not carry them when they don't want to, and the people out there who will do us harm won't know when we got them and when we don't.".

The bill sitting on Quinn's desk is a hard-fought compromise between conservative downstate lawmakers who opposed most gun restrictions and anti-gun lawmakers from Chicago and other urban areas. The legislation requires state police to issue a concealed-carry permit to any gun owner with a state-issued Firearm Owners Identification card, and who passes a background check, pays a $150 fee and undergoes 16 hours of training.

It's not as stringent as concealed carry laws in California, New York and a handful of others states, which give law enforcement authorities more power to deny permits. But it's more restrictive than earlier proposals by gun rights advocates, including one that would have superseded all local gun restrictions. For example, it won't wipe out Chicago and Cook County's ban on assault weapons.

Most significantly for gun control advocates, the legislation does prohibit guns in places like schools, buses, trains, bars and government buildings.

Another concern by Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart is the provision in the bill that calls for law enforcement and prosecutors to object to a governor-appointed panel if they suspect applicants are dangerous. In Cook County, where there are 358,000 registered gun owners, Dart said he's worried gang members and others who shouldn't have guns will slip through the cracks and be granted permits.....snip~

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gun-control/164985-chicago-prepares-new-concealed-carry-gun-law.html

...read...."

The only thing that's uncanny here is that somehow you think this has anything at all to do with our culture or conservatism.

According to Joyce E. Williams, "the major criticism of rape culture and the feminist theory from which it emanates is the monolithic implication that ultimately all women are victimized by all men."

Sounds exactly right.

The federal has no power to do so, they can go to hell. They've gotten more than their due, NO MORE, and eventually we'll take back what they've cheated to get.

I'll take one consistent, federal gun law with it's necessary subissues over the 50 different state laws that cause so many problems for gun owners.

That's interesting, because to me it's uncanny just how far away our society is from what you describe. Much less 'how well that defines the conservative's culture of rape agenda.'

Well, perhaps you'll start noticing it more now that you've been made aware.....

that's great-he wasn't trying to rape anyone's rights unlike that fat assclown Quinn

The FDR expansions of the commerce clause and rape of the tenth amendment was never ratified either but some people find the FDR mutations to be superior to the actual constitution

I cannot buy the most suitable militia weapon due to the dems trying to derail the MV firearm owners protection act with the odious hughes amendment

that is clearly a direct rape of our second amendment rights

The only thing that's uncanny here is that somehow you think this has anything at all to do with our culture or conservatism.

According to Joyce E. Williams, "the major criticism of rape culture and the feminist theory from which it emanates is the monolithic implication that ultimately all women are victimized by all men."

Sounds exactly right.

ever heard of a nutcase named Catherine McKinnon. I heard her spew her nonsense at a university years ago--her theory was that there is no consensual man with woman sex-its all rape because of the power men have. Lots of the anti gun nuts have this same sort of mindset. banning guns is their way of getting back on being "raped"/

What are you doing, OC? Whatever it is, you failed to address the topic.

Well, perhaps you'll start noticing it more now that you've been made aware.....

More stunning silliness from Moot. Is banning guns your surrogate act of castration Moot?

ever heard of a nutcase named Catherine McKinnon. I heard her spew her nonsense at a university years ago--her theory was that there is no consensual man with woman sex-its all rape because of the power men have. Lots of the anti gun nuts have this same sort of mindset. banning guns is their way of getting back on being "raped"/
Trivilizing rape was one of the criteria for a rape culture.

More stunning silliness from Moot. Is banning guns your surrogate act of castration Moot?
I don't recall saying anything about banning guns, TD.

Well lets just say the fact that certain people adhere to that nonsense does not surprise me.

Trivilizing rape was one of the criteria for a rape culture.

women claiming rape constantly like McKinnon is like crying wolf. another case was Twit Patti Bowman's bogus accusations against William Kennedy Smith. If you are so worried about rape, why do you want to disarm women? gun free societies are paradises for rapists

Apparently, strawman, lying and bullying is common tactic of gun nuts.

have you ever said anything rational or honest when it comes to guns

your posts aren't even an honest reflection of your true motivations

women claiming rape constantly like McKinnon is like crying wolf. another case was Twit Patti Bowman's bogus accusations against William Kennedy Smith. If you are so worried about rape, why do you want to disarm women? gun free societies are paradises for rapists

I didn't bring up the subject of rape, you did. You seem to know an awful lot about it.

have you ever said anything rational or honest when it comes to guns

your posts aren't even an honest reflection of your true motivations
You are the last person to talk about honesty after you were just caught in a lie.

Back
Top Bottom