• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quick! Let's ban this song, too!

TheParser

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Because of all the calls from some crazies to ban certain "offensive" songs, I thought that levelheaded members/guests would get a chuckle from this short letter published in the Los Angeles Times of December 16, 2018.

"Can we please remove 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' from the holiday music rotation list? The thought of a little boy on Christmas Eve witnessing his mother kissing a man other than her husband is kinda creepy."

The letter is signed by Steve Bowerman, who -- I assume -- had his tongue firmly in cheek.

P.S. The Los Angeles Times is liberal but not so obnoxious as the New York Times or Washington Post. It will occasionally publish a letter or an op-ed article from (gasp!) a non-liberal!

i hate that song. i also hate "Santa Baby."

I hate all Christmas music!*********BAH HUMBUG!!

Except the German “Stille Nacht!”

Because of all the calls from some crazies to ban certain "offensive" songs, I thought that levelheaded members/guests would get a chuckle from this short letter published in the Los Angeles Times of December 16, 2018.

"Can we please remove 'I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus' from the holiday music rotation list? The thought of a little boy on Christmas Eve witnessing his mother kissing a man other than her husband is kinda creepy."

The letter is signed by Steve Bowerman, who -- I assume -- had his tongue firmly in cheek.

P.S. The Los Angeles Times is liberal but not so obnoxious as the New York Times or Washington Post. It will occasionally publish a letter or an op-ed article from (gasp!) a non-liberal!

It's not banned. I just pulled up 20 different versions of it on Spotify. You can listen to them all on repeat 24 hours a day until Christmas if you wanted to. :roll:

I hate all Christmas music!*********BAH HUMBUG!!

Except the German “Stille Nacht!”

There's been debates about when the last great christmas song was released. Most put it at 20+ years ago. It's understanding why some hate all the same stuff that gets played year after year...

There's been debates about when the last great christmas song was released. Most put it at 20+ years ago. It's understanding why some hate all the same stuff that gets played year after year...

Here’s the German version:

Exemptions for this one as well:

The back story here is interesting as well.......

Thanks for the post; just listened to it! Never had heard of the Irish rendition....

Back
Top Bottom