• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Questions for all.

teacher

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Nomad.Got a couch,beer,meat,cute daughters,Batman
Political Leaning
Conservative
Yes, new thread, in the basement no less. For a reason. For one, unregistered folks can't view it. Two, this is the basement, you can say what you really feel. Call names, whatever. We are all adults down here.

Here's the deal.

I'm going to pose some simple yes or no questions here. No wriggle room. If you try to wriggle that means you're just being difficult. Don't read anything into these questions. I'll post another when I think it has been explored sufficiently. Please answer yes or no and if you feel your answer needs to be qualified, please do so. Now I know how threads can get away from their topic quickly on this site. Let's try not to do that here. Once the subject changes leave the old alone. Now I know many of you hate me like poison and will try to disrupt this threads ultimate goal. I call upon others to pick on those with a vengeance. I've a thread just for abuse. Please use that for such. I've peppered this site with similar questions against those who I know can't answer them without exposing their true feelings. Just to win a point. This thread is different. This will eventually lead to the big, long term picture. The only one whom I've seen with a true grasp on is GySgt. There, now I've pissed off everyone. You all can hate me all you want. This is simple yes or no time. This is not a poll. So your name will be associate with the question.

Class in session.

Question #1. Moral Obligation.

You are in any town USA, walking down the street. No one is around. You come upon the following.

A 14 year old boy is kicking the snot out of a 10 year old boy.

The ten year old boy is yelling, "Stop. I've had enough. Somebody please help me".

You know you can end this. The ten year old will leave, safe for the meantime. No one will see what you do. There are no ramifications. No one will see it or call the law. After you leave it's over forever. No lawsuits or police.

Is it your moral obligation to break this up?

Yes or no?

Yes (damn 10 character rule!)

Yes, what do you think.

BTW, I accept your introduction post, and despite my hate, I will not banter, disrupt, or get irate with you. Scout's honor. I just want to see where this is going

Absolutely, he is a human being and doesn't deserve to get the snot beaten out of him as you put it.

Yes, but in that instance and that instance only. Any other further application of my answer is hearby deemed a strawman. Offer void in Utah and the South.

Since teach seems to have abandoned this thread, I'm going to ask another question, same basic idea, but much more relevant to where he was going (don't worry teach, I'm sure I'm the only one who's figured it out ;) ).

Let's say you HATE this 14-year old kid called...oh, let's call him Saddam. He's constantly kicking the crap out of a ten-year old boy called...Kurd. But that's not why you hate him. In fact, you never really do anything about it.

Than one day, you get it into your head that Saddam somehow came into the possesion of a gun. Bad news, everyone agrees, if it's true. Now, some cooler headed people are all for waiting to see if they can find this gun before taking any action. But you hate him already. So you kick the crap out of him.

Lo and behold, no gun! Now what do you do? Do you apologize to all the people who told you to wait until the investigation was over?

Or do you claim that you were defending poor little Kurd?

Kelzie said:
Since teach seems to have abandoned this thread, I'm going to ask another question, same basic idea, but much more relevant to where he was going (don't worry teach, I'm sure I'm the only one who's figured it out ;) ).

Let's say you HATE this 14-year old kid called...oh, let's call him Saddam. He's constantly kicking the crap out of a ten-year old boy called...Kurd. But that's not why you hate him. In fact, you never really do anything about it.

Than one day, you get it into your head that Saddam somehow came into the possesion of a gun. Bad news, everyone agrees, if it's true. Now, some cooler headed people are all for waiting to see if they can find this gun before taking any action. But you hate him already. So you kick the crap out of him.

Lo and behold, no gun! Now what do you do? Do you apologize to all the people who told you to wait until the investigation was over?

Or do you claim that you were defending poor little Kurd?

Let's say we inject our political agenda into every post, even when the thread itself is non-political....in the basement no less...

yes and if either parent comes out.. they'll get their's too for not watching their kid enough... errr was that too much? :doh

Question #2. Guns.

It is Friday night. 11:00 PM. The kids are in bed. You're sitting down to watch TV. The front door gets kicked open. In rushes three huge guys. Home invasion. You say "take anything, I'll cooperate, just don't hurt my daughters. "One says, oh well take what we want alright, and have our way with your pretty little girls while were at it".

As a law abiding citizen should you have the right to keep a handgun in the house?

teacher said:
Question #2. Guns.

It is Friday night. 11:00 PM. The kids are in bed. You're sitting down to watch TV. The front door gets kicked open. In rushes three huge guys. Home invasion. You say "take anything, I'll cooperate, just don't hurt my daughters. "One says, oh well take what we want alright, and have our way with your pretty little girls while were at it".

As a law abiding citizen should you have the right to keep a handgun in the house?

Yes....Although I don't think such an extreme case needed to be made for it.

teacher said:
Question #2. Guns.

Absolutely. Three shots to the head and you're dead.

Kelzie said:
Since teach seems to have abandoned this thread,
No, just waiting for enough answers. I'd say at this point the winner to #1 is Yes.
I'm going to ask another question, same basic idea, but much more relevant to where he was going (don't worry teach, I'm sure I'm the only one who's figured it out ;) ).
No figuring, just yes or no. What's so hard about that? These questions will cover the gamit. You want to ask questions go ahead. There's open threads around here somewhere. Gotta side with cnredd here. Plenty of room on this site to say your political views. Now I have to send you home with a note to your parents. It says, "Does not follow rules and doesn't play well with others".

Have signed and return please.

Thank you,
teacher (of the massive brain).

I'm going to pose some simple yes or no questions here. No wriggle room. If you try to wriggle that means you're just being difficult. Don't read anything into these questions. I'll post another when I think it has been explored sufficiently. Please answer yes or no and if you feel your answer needs to be qualified, please do so. Now I know how threads can get away from their topic quickly on this site. Let's try not to do that here. Once the subject changes leave the old alone. Now I know many of you hate me like poison and will try to disrupt this threads ultimate goal. I call upon others to pick on those with a vengeance. I've a thread just for abuse. Please use that for such. I've peppered this site with similar questions against those who I know can't answer them without exposing their true feelings. Just to win a point. This thread is different. This will eventually lead to the big, long term picture. The only one whom I've seen with a true grasp on is GySgt. There, now I've pissed off everyone. You all can hate me all you want. This is simple yes or no time. This is not a poll. So your name will be associated with the question.

You may explain your reason for your answer.

teacher said:
Question #2. Guns.

Absolutely.

teacher said:
Question #2. Guns.

Yep, your on my property, shoot em dead

On the question #1: no. I leave them fighting and wait till they grow up, so I can read from paper that the younger has had his vengeance and killed other.
On question #2: "take anything, I'll cooperate, just don't hurt my daughters." That´s a pretty bad start for You. Right away You´re gonna tell them You have pretty daughter to rape? Why not "My safe is over there (point your finger to opposite direction) and crackhead(s) lose their attention for a moment. Then You blow their heads off (if You´re smart enough to keep Your gun near).

Question #1: Yes. No doubt about it.
Question #2: Yes. We have the right to bear arms, and it is an important one. That right starts to lose value when someone is looking for an automatic rifles, but handguns are 100% A-Ok with me. Although, if I were to own a gun, I would take several gun saftey classes, and be a very responsible owner (my brothers a cop, and has instilled gun saftey into me very well).

I like this thread.

Back
Top Bottom