• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question.

They did all that, tested my eyes and took a new picture(which I hate :lol:) but they gave me this paper license. It will be about a month before they mail me a new one. Hopefully they'll take it, I really don't see why not, it looks exactly like a license except on paper.

It would royally suck to go out on my birthday and end up being the designated driver. :lol:

And happy birthday to you as well!

:thanks: :thumbs:

I just got my licensed renewed and got one of those temporary paper licences until they send me my new one. I was wondering if you can buy alcohol with one of these or will they tell you to **** off? Because my birthday is a week from now and it would really suck if you couldn't.

You can. It's as valid as the permanent one. :)

Wtf DMV doesn't have a card printer. I am in south bumblr**** and such technology exists even here.

I just got my licensed renewed and got one of those temporary paper licences until they send me my new one. I was wondering if you can buy alcohol with one of these or will they tell you to **** off? Because my birthday is a week from now and it would really suck if you couldn't.
Cultivate a circle of older friends and such impediments become meaningless.

Frankly, it's ridiculous that you must wait until the age of 21 to purchase alcohol, yet you can probably get married, vote and die for your country. That's ****ed.

Legal photo ID is legal photo ID.

I think the bigger question here is "who the hell here couldn't procure alcohol before turning 21?". Hell, I was getting into bars at 17.

We don't have those paper licenses in Arizona. Here, as long as you don't look like a Mexican, you can do whatever you want. ;)

Wtf DMV doesn't have a card printer. I am in south bumblr**** and such technology exists even here.

They had those in the state of Kansas too. Just recently, they started mailing the actual license to the address given to supposedly cut down on fraudulent activity.

It only takes a couple of weeks here, though. The same thing with my CCL. They gave me a legal paper copy, then mailed the actual one a week later.

Legal photo ID is legal photo ID.

I think the bigger question here is "who the hell here couldn't procure alcohol before turning 21?". Hell, I was getting into bars at 17.

When I was a teenager, my older brother was my supplier. I never had to really make much of an effort to find, well really anything, at that age. From alcohol to things even less legal.

It would royally suck to go out on my birthday and end up being the designated driver.

I have to think that someone who is that worried at the thought of not being able to buy alcohol has bigger problems. Do you really believe that you have to be drunk in order to have a good time?

When I was a teenager, my older brother was my supplier. I never had to really make much of an effort to find, well really anything, at that age. From alcohol to things even less legal.

Yeah it's probably easier for an 18 year old to get weed than booze. Now the harder stuff may be a little more difficult (cocaine, for example), but once you're 18 or 19 there really isn't much outside your reach.

I have to think that someone who is that worried at the thought of not being able to buy alcohol has bigger problems. Do you really believe that you have to be drunk in order to have a good time?

No, but I do enjoy having a beer with my friends(especially when they are buying) and I don't want to be impeded of enjoying a product that I can legally partake in because the local DMV doesn't have a card printer.

No, but I do enjoy having a beer with my friends(especially when they are buying) and I don't want to be impeded of enjoying a product that I can legally partake in because the local DMV doesn't have a card printer.

You have to show a photo ID to to buy beer but not to vote. Go figure...

In WA state a temporary license must be presented with the expired license (here the Dept. of Licensing punches a hole through the expired license upon renewal and you retain it). The policy is set by the WA Liquor Control Board (not specified in actual law), bars follow the policy so that they can maintain their license to serve alcohol. You should check with your states agency tasked with liquor control (or call a local bar) to confirm.

Liquor establishments and their employees have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason or no reason at all. If they don't want to accept the temporary paper ID as proof of age then they don't have to. It's totally up to their discretion. I'd imagine that a majority of places would accept them. But some are going to be a little more reluctant to accept them than others, especially if you are close to the cut-off age. After all, those things could easily be faked by anyone with a computer and a printer and it's their ass on the line.

Paper license?

Today is my b-day to boot (a week from your post) nice... As a matter of fact right now - I was born 1:07am central time.

Just to let you guys know, my ID did work. For both GTA 5 and alcohol. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom