• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question to Tea Party ..why are you bitter about Thad Cochran's victory?

thinkforyoursel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I understand being disappointed losing an election, but the talk coming from the right about Thad Cochran's victory is beyond disappointment.

Why does the right wing get angry when people ...simply vote?

Did the blacks in Mississippi break any laws voting for Cochran?

Did they do anything that the right wing wouldn't do themselves given the opportunity?

And weren't they acting the way every voter should act...thinking of their personal welfare?
They did the math and the realize that the rapid opposition to Thad Cochran would hurt them as a group given the opportunity.
They may not like Cochran or the republican party...but they realized he was the lesser of the two evils.

What should they do...sit on their hands ...or take personal responsibility for their own welfare?

I understand being disappointed losing an election, but the talk coming from the right about Thad Cochran's victory is beyond disappointment.

If these blacks or any Democrat or independent had already voted in the Democrat Party primary and then voted in the Republican primary, the law was broken. That's Mississippi's law. You can only vote in one open primary not both.

Did they do anything that the right wing wouldn't do themselves given the opportunity?

And weren't they acting the way every voter should act...thinking of their personal welfare?
They did the math and the realize that the rapid opposition to Thad Cochran would hurt them as a group given the opportunity.
They may not like Cochran or the republican party...but they realized he was the lesser of the two evils.

What should they do...sit on their hands ...or take personal responsibility for their own welfare?

Your idea of how people should vote is flawed. People should not vote in "Their Own" self interest, they should vote in the self interest of "The Country as a Whole" and the protection of freedoms and liberties we have come to love. Your mentality only spreads propagation of the nanny welfare state "Gubment musss help me, lawwwwsss no I caint do nuttin witout Gubment" instead we should be voting to be more independent and more autonomous of a people.

If these blacks or any Democrat or independent had already voted in the Democrat Party primary and then voted in the Republican primary, the law was broken. That's Mississippi's law. You can only vote in one open primary not both.

OK, then go arrest them...since you know they broke the law.

there has been quite a lot of elections I voted for the lesser of two evils or the least worst candidate. Then I wised up and began voting third party, at least I wasn't voting for a bad candidate.

Your idea of how people should vote is flawed. People should not vote in "Their Own" self interest, they should vote in the self interest of "The Country as a Whole" and the protection of freedoms and liberties we have come to love. Your mentality only spreads propagation of the nanny welfare state "Gubment musss help me, lawwwwsss no I caint do nuttin witout Gubment" instead we should be voting to be more independent and more autonomous of a people.

Therein lies your problem .....nobody would ever cast a ballot given your idea of casting a ballot.
It's actually laughable when you hardened right winger simply go in the voting booth and look for the candidate with the .."R"...next to their names.

Simply vote for your self interest ....and this will determine which direction the country wants to go.

there has been quite a lot of elections I voted for the lesser of two evils or the least worst candidate. Then I wised up and began voting third party, at least I wasn't voting for a bad candidate.

A bad candidate is one that has absolutely zero chance of being elected.

Last edited:
OK, then go arrest them...since you know they broke the law.

Obama has broken scores of laws but I can't get past the Secret Service to make a citizens arrest. And you don't think A.G. Eric Holder is going to do his job do you ? :lamo

This is Obama's America today. How's the change and hope been working out for you ?

Therein lies your problem .....nobody would ever cast a ballot given your idea of casting a ballot.
It's actually laughable when you hardened right winger simply go in the voting booth and look for the candidate with the .."R"...next to their names.

Simply vote for your self interest ....and this will determine which direction the country wants to go.

Trust me there are more Right Wingers voting for people with a D by there name than there are Left Wingers voting for a person with an R next to their name. Want partisan bias? BO got 95% of the black vote and nobody mentioned the racism of blacks. Yet he only gets *gasp* 44% of the white vote OMG white people are racist!!! I see things different. And while your party is the party of "change" the right is the party of "moderation and true tolerance".

A bad candidate is one that has absolutely zero chance to be elected.

I would beg to differ, the bad candidates are the ones who owe their hearts and souls to big money donors, corporations, Wall Street Firms, lobbyist, special interests etc who give them their millions and tens of millions of dollars. It is a shame a candidate from a party who hasn't sold his soul to the moneyed folks mentioned above has absolutely no chance of winning.

Obama has broken scores of laws but I can't get past the Secret Service to make a citizens arrest. And you don't think A.G. Eric Holder is going to do his job do you ? :lamo

This is Obama's America today. How's the change and hope been working out for you ?

A.G. Eric Holder is doing the job he is expected to do. That fact has become apparent to most people by now.

Greetings, APACHERAT. :2wave:

A.G. Eric Holder is doing the job he is expected to do. That fact has become apparent to most people by now.

Greetings, APACHERAT. :2wave:

Protecting the Obama White House and the Obama administration seems to be the job of Eric Holder.

I think it's now obvious that the job of every Obama appointee is to protect Obama including the IRS and the VA.

Protecting the Obama White House and the Obama administration seems to be the job of Eric Holder.

I think it's now obvious that the job of every Obama appointee is to protect Obama including the IRS and the VA.

:agree: They wouldn't be there otherwise. And they are being very well compensated, too, with lots of our hard-earned tax dollars! - what's not to like? :2dance:

You tea baggers are pathetic if you had your way only stupid old white men would be allowed to vote, LOL, WHY IS YOUR OWN PARTY ALWAYS PREACHING FREEDOM? , but get angry when blacks, browns whatever, Exercise their constitutional right to vote??
I'll be glad in 15-20 years when whites are the minority, then you clowns will never see the white house again, and will be only able to win the the dirty cesspool redneck POOR south...

And that hopey changy thang worked out REAL WELL THANK YOU FOR ASKING, the main reason i voted for Obama is because Whites, redneck trash hate him so much..

Glad to see you clowns still simmering in your own piss and waste nearly 2 years after that pig Mormon was snuffed in the 12 election by 6 million votes...

Some pretty big accusations.
2mq9kzq.jpg

You tea baggers are pathetic if you had your way only stupid old white men would be allowed to vote, LOL, WHY IS YOUR OWN PARTY ALWAYS PREACHING FREEDOM? , but get angry when blacks, browns whatever, Exercise their constitutional right to vote??
I'll be glad in 15-20 years when whites are the minority, then you clowns will never see the white house again, and will be only able to win the the dirty cesspool redneck POOR south...

And that hopey changy thang worked out REAL WELL THANK YOU FOR ASKING, the main reason i voted for Obama is because Whites, redneck trash hate him so much..

Glad to see you clowns still simmering in your own piss and waste nearly 2 years after that pig Mormon was snuffed in the 12 election by 6 million votes...

Your racist comments are so noted.

Your racist comments are so noted.
:lamo, YEA the pot meet kettle, this is coming from a bagger who's angry about Blacks in Mississippi voting for Cochran, your a real comedian...

Gee i guess you conveniently forgot that in Nov 12, all of the folks with dark skin being forced to wait for hours to vote???, because well everybody knew they wern't gonna vote for that Mormon POS, was that racism??, Naaaaaaa of course not..

Let me clue you in Genius 95% of folks with dark skin will keep pulling that D lever, as long as your pro white party keeps up with the voter suppression and the strong racial overtones that have been directed at the darkies since 2008, RACISM BREEDS RACISM...

:lamo, YEA the pot meet kettle, this is coming from a bagger who's angry about Blacks in Mississippi voting for Cochran, your a real comedian...

Gee i guess you conveniently forgot that in Nov 12, all of the folks with dark skin being forced to wait for hours to vote???, because well everybody knew they weren't gonna vote for that Mormon POS, was that racism??, Naaaaaaa of course not..

Let me clue you in Genius 95% of folks with dark skin will keep pulling that D lever, as long as your pro white party keeps up with the voter suppression and the strong racial overtones that have been directed at the darkies since 2008, RACISM BREEDS RACISM...

Have you left anyone out ?

I see you included the LGBT community with "baggers" and even the Mormons.

In reference to the 95%, not a good sign when any ethnicity or race are block voters.

Back
Top Bottom