• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question regarding Biden calling Putin a war criminal...

Which best describes your personal opinion about Biden calling Putin a war criminal?

• This DOES put Biden on the spot as a possible war criminal if he takes no action.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biden intentionally said this as a ploy to get the US (or NATO) militarily involved in Ukraine.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously so.
I think it's an oblique reference to Trump or Obama or Bush or something...but I have no idea how it's relevant to anything I wrote. Apparently even the threat of a world war isn't enough to stop you midwits and your partisan pissing contests. Owning the libs/cons must always come first. :rolleyes:

I think it's an oblique reference to Trump or Obama or Bush or something...but I have no idea how it's relevant to anything I wrote. Apparently even the threat of a world war isn't enough to stop you midwits and your partisan pissing contests. Owning the libs/cons must always come first. :rolleyes:

^ Another swing and a miss. Keep trying!

Biden called Putin a war criminal: https://news.yahoo.com/president-joe-biden-calls-russian-190355200.html

BTW not sure if this matters or not, but usually when someone's accused of a crime, the word "alleged" is used.

Anyhow I'm not going to dispute President Biden's allegation that Putin is a war criminal, but this could suggest that if Biden takes no action to do anything about this, then maybe this could make Biden an accessory to war crimes if he himself does nothing to put a stop or an end to Putin's aggression against Ukraine and the Ukrainian people.

I'll put more detail in the answers to the poll question, but I have to be very brief in the answers because there's a character limit for answers.
Why is it so hard for so many to be a reasoned, interesting poll together?

after posting on this board (and elsewhere) for years i'm never gonna trust people on the internet who try to make you believe who they are (not that i would anyway).

but i'm specifically talking about people you may post with for years and you slowly get to know them from their words and then one event will prove that they've been expertly lying the entire time.

I didn't vote because the correct answer is not there.

Biden calling Putin a War Criminal is bluster. It's rhetoric - hyperbole. Biden thinks it makes him appear strong, but it doesn't.

He could have called Putin a poopy doo-doo head. It would be for the same purpose and warrant the same consideration.
Nah. That's something trump would have said.

I'm not sure I grasp your point. This isn't meaningful enforcement.
No I don't think a Malaysian Seal Team 6 will be going to Texas or Wyoming anytime soon. But they aren't leaving the country, either. I do believe the Hague might still be looking for them.

Well dick and jr were war criminals and they were never prosecuted. Of course I don't think they were doing any overseas traveling after they left office.

Putin is a war criminal. But I doubt he will ever be prosecuted either.

Of course the winner writes the history. Putin isn't winning this one. Maybe the Russians will turn him over to the world court to get the sanctions lifted.

Biden is a President. He's not a dictator. There are rules that he has to follow.

I'm not sure how it works in the US but in the UK MPs are given protection from prosecution for what they say while in the Parliamentary chamber.
They can break injunctions by the court that forbids anyone from discussing something like the name of someone accused of something.

I would imagine any President can call someone a war criminal and be pretty safe.

Back
Top Bottom