• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question on Jesus' Ascension Into Heaven

The Bible states that Jesus ascended into Heaven. That is part of the foundation that the Catholic Church, and other denominations are built on.

Now, STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION!!!

A grave is found, and it is proven 100% (again, HYPOTHETICALLY) that the remains are identified as those of Jesus Christ. What does that do to the religions that teach and preach Jesus' ascension into Heaven? Would we see a worldwide crisis of faith?

But to answer your question......would we see a worldwide crisis of faith?

Most likely - yes!

Just look at sins created by humans like priests and pastors - we already see this as a factor to a crisis of faith by so many. How many had questioned their faith over these sex and abuse scandals?
What more when you find something that totally busts the core of our Christian belief?
The Resurrection of Christ. I'd speculate that so many will be devastated and question their faith!

If the Resurrection didn't happen - that would mean the New Testament is toast.

All the devil has to do is sow confusion and the seeds of doubt.

Yes!

Just look at sins created by humans like priests and pastors - we already see this a a factor to a crisis of faith by so many. What more when you find something that totally busts the core of our Christian belief?
The Resurrection of Christ.

That would mean the New Testament is toast.
I would agree. The Resurrection is what much of the entire religion is based on.

Considering that most nonbelievers say that Jesus (even a non diety version) never existed, it would be the biggest boon the the Christan faith

I know almost know nonbelievers who deny that there was someone named Jesus who was killed by the Romans and whose surviving followers created a cult.

What we deny is that the Jesus AS DESCRIBED BY THE BIBLE existed.

Jehovah God saw to it that Jesus' physical body would disappear in some way...it was disposed of by Jehovah God...we know this because of what Acts 2:27 says...Jesus' body did not see corruption..."because you will not leave me in the Grave, nor will you allow your loyal one to see corruption."

Acts 2
22 “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know—
23 this Jesus,[c] delivered up according to the definite plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and killed by the hands of lawless men.
24 God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.
25 For David says concerning him,

“‘I saw the Lord always before me,
for he is at my right hand that I may not be shaken;
26 therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced;
my flesh also will dwell in hope.
27 For you will not abandon my soul to Hades,
or let your Holy One see corruption.
28 You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.’

31 he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption.
32 This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses.

Jesus' body did not see corruption means, it didn't decay! He wasn't dead long enough!

Jesus' body did not "see corruption" because He was buried for only three days before He rose again in a glorified body (Luke 24:1–3; John 20:6–7).

He does not have to wait, like David and all David's other descendants, to be in a spiritual and physical position to rule as king and fulfill the covenant God made to David.
David "served the purpose of God in his own generation" (Acts 13:36) and then died, unable to serve God or lead his people while his body was in the grave.

Jesus doesn't have that restriction. He can reign in our hearts and save us from our sins now, reign on earth later during the millennial kingdom, and provide ultimate salvation for all God-followers in eternity.

Last edited:
Jehovah God saw to it that Jesus' physical body would disappear in some way......it was disposed of by Jehovah God...

You're adding. Where does it says that God had disposed of Jesus' body?

His body didn't just disappear and disposed of.

Luke 24

The Resurrection

24 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared.
2 And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb,

3 but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.
4 While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel.
5 And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?
6 He is not here, but has risen. Remember how he told you, while he was still in Galilee,
7 that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men and be crucified and
on the third day rise.”

He AROSE from the dead!

I disagree...what other explanation is there, since Christ was resurrected as a spirit?

He wasn't resurrected as a spirit!
His body had risen!

If he had taken back his human body he sacrificed for mankind, that would make everything he did null and void...his human sacrifice would've been cancelled...

WRONG!

It was the very fact that He PHYSICALLY rose from the dead that HE CONQUERED DEATH!
That's why there'll be a resurrection of the dead for us!

His sacrifice for the sin of mankind was fulfilled...................................... THE MOMENT HE DIED.
That's why He said, "It's finished!" The debt has been PAID IN FULL!
That results in our RECONCILIATION WITH GOD!

Jesus’ own words showed that he would not be resurrected with his flesh-and-blood body...he said that he would give his “flesh in behalf of the life of the world,” as a ransom for mankind...this could not have happened, though, for the Bible says that he sacrificed his flesh and blood “once for all time"...Hebrews 9:12... I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread he will live forever; and for a fact, the bread that I will give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.” John 6:51

He did!
He died on the cross!

Those who has faith in Him will have eternal life.

You are of course aware that jesus did give the suggestion that his apostles should eat him.

Most likely - yes!

Just look at sins created by humans like priests and pastors - we already see this as a factor to a crisis of faith by so many. How many had questioned their faith over these sex and abuse scandals?
What more when you find something that totally busts the core of our Christian belief?
The Resurrection of Christ. I'd speculate that so many will be devastated and question their faith!

If the Resurrection didn't happen - that would mean the New Testament is toast.

All the devil has to do is sow confusion and the seeds of doubt.

The part that says that he “descended into Hell” is what has always confused and mystified me. What really was the point?

The Bible states that Jesus ascended into Heaven. That is part of the foundation that the Catholic Church, and other denominations are built on.

Now, STRICTLY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION!!!

A grave is found, and it is proven 100% (again, HYPOTHETICALLY) that the remains are identified as those of Jesus Christ. What does that do to the religions that teach and preach Jesus' ascension into Heaven? Would we see a worldwide crisis of faith?
You do know that jesus did give the command to be eaten by his followers at the last supper. My blood is wine , my body is bread etc.

A good hypothetical would be to ask if an empty bottle of tomato sauce was all that was left at jesus grave. What would that do to religious belief.

The part that says that he “descended into Hell” is what has always confused and mystified me. What really was the point?

Lol -Watsup, that's not all that confuses you.
Review most of your posts in various threads. Revisit what you have been exclaiming all over the place.

What's the point of explaining to you?

The Bible states that Jesus ascended into Heaven.
Not only that but the Bible states Jesus is the Only one to ascend into the heavens...so where are Abraham, Moses, David, and all the other faithful ones?

"Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven+ but the one who descended from heaven,+ the Son of man." John 3:13

Back
Top Bottom