• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question: How can anybody be on Putin's side these days?

How can anybody be on Putin's side these days?

• because of complete stupidity

• zero real information

• an IQ below zero

• paid bay Putin

• a Putin troll

• the pleasure of being "different"

• thinking that everybody else is stupid

• a feeling that one alone is "clever"

• still other reasons

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

I have thought long and hard about this question.

Now will list the possible answers that I could think of.

What do you think - which answers are possible answers?

"paid bay Putin" should read "paid by Putin" of course.

1 voter so far

I believe the President of Belarus is Putins only friend, besides Trump.
Looks like it.

And what might their reasons be for it?
Which of the above?

:)

I don't know of anyone who is "on Putin's side", so I can't answer your poll.

But here's a counter question: How can anyone be on the side of the Biden pukes? Not only have they manipulated and goaded Putin into a shooting war with Ukraine, they are celebrating the resulting economic hardships being suffered by the American people.

How can anyone think this action by the Biden pukes is a good thing?

btw, I know of a LOT of people who are NOT on the side of the Biden pukes.

I chose other, some of Trumps base would rather back Putin and his evil empire than ANY Dem.

now that is a fact jack!

But here's a counter question: How can anyone be on the side of the Biden pukes? Not only have they manipulated and goaded Putin into a shooting war with Ukraine, they are celebrating the resulting economic hardships being suffered by the American people.

That you Tucker?

And you say you don't watch Faux News...

Now 2 out of 3 say:

a feeling that one alone is "clever"​

a feeling that one alone is "clever"​

I suppose this is the reason for many friends of Putin in the West - to play the "know-it-all-better".
When in fact they know nearly nothing.

The one who is on Putin's side:

Americans rarely pay much attention to international events. Busy lives leave little time for distant events with unfamiliar protagonists.
Russian President Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine has become a rare exception, its butchery in plain view via saturation coverage for anyone with a video screen. But Americans may not yet have absorbed this disturbing reality: The American president who left office just 14 months ago sided with the butcher.
That's right: In the struggle now uniting the free world against an autocrat's lawless aggression, America's most recent ex-President sided with the autocrat.

It's not just that Donald Trump recently hailed the "genius" of Putin's strike against Ukraine. Since his political career began, Trump has backed Putin in ways connected directly to the Russian's quest to subjugate that country.
For years, relations between Russia and the celebrity real estate executive were lubricated by money. There was the development financing Trump's sons boasted about, the Palm Beach mansion he sold to a Russian oligarch for $95 million four years after buying it for $41 million, the Manhattan project in association with a mob-linked Russian émigré.
He sought to place a Trump Tower in Moscow even as he ran for president. In 2013, when he staged a beauty pageant there, Trump asked on Twitter: "Will (Putin) become my new best friend?"

Besides those who are actually members of his military or those that share his views. You'd be very hard pressed to find anyone, especially outside of the country. Who's willing to bite that particular bullet.

You'd be very hard pressed to find anyone, especially outside of the country. Who's willing to bite that particular bullet.
You must be an optimist.
Unfortunatly there are enough of those in the West, who like to appear "super-clever" and think that one is "independen" and "superclever" if one is on Putin's side.

The one who is on Putin's side:
Yes that does read like a distinct lie.

Case in point: It's not just that Donald Trump recently hailed the "genius" of Putin's strike against Ukraine. Since his political career began, Trump has backed Putin in ways connected directly to the Russian's quest to subjugate that country.

It's funny how the author chose to try and perpetuate the same lie that's been getting laughed off the page, from Facebook to Twitter. Omitting the fact that Trump was criticizing the whole event, even going so far as to state that such a move would not have happened under his watch.
As it goes however, this is more or less an opinion piece despite possessing "Analysis" in the title.

Then again, this is CNN we're talking about here.. at least their Politics section. They're usually far more straight laced than this.

You must be an optimist.
Unfortunatly there are enough of those in the West, who like to appear "super-clever" and think that one is "independen" and "superclever" if one is on Putin's side.
The only people who I've seen that were generally on his side, were people who are already on the outside of typical society here in the US. Some alt-right and extremely far-left figures here and there, no one with any real power.

And the answer is,,......... Stick it to the libs at all costs.

Trump and the right wing value Putin and Russia over America.

According to some "scholars," it is NATO's fault.

These "scholars" feel that Russia has a natural right to feel threatened by having NATO on its border.

They point out how the United States of America has long dictated to Central America and how it has often dictated to Cuba (until the Russians befriended that island). And, of course, they point to the Monroe Doctrine.

They say that NATO has scared the Russians into "defending" themselves.

Maybe (maybe!) a more clever and pleasant-appearing Russian leader (who would NOT have infuriated the world by raping Ukraine) could have been more successful in convincing the world to believe the theory of those "scholars."

IMO Putin preyed on a national battered and beaten pride when the Russian leaders of the 1970-80's decided that communism was and would be second place to capitalism and democracy and personal freedom.......he used this to garner support for what has transpired today.......Hitler used the same scenario in Germany after WWI.....the German people went along because they were no longer a global power and looked for a strong leader to soothe their injured national ego.......the outcome will most likely be the same if Putin and the Russian people don't come to their senses...........it's madness that we as a species just continue making the same old mistakes over and over

It won't be long before someone comes bowing again.

Hillary reset 3.jpg

If supporting Putin results in some form of “owning the libs”….

The only people who I've seen that were generally on his side, were people who are already on the outside of typical society here in the US. Some alt-right and extremely far-left figures here and there, no one with any real power.
I would say that Tucker Carlson has a bit of Power, as the modern day Father Coughlin.

These "scholars" feel that Russia has a natural right to feel threatened by having NATO on its border.

They point out how the United States of America has long dictated to Central America and how it has often dictated to Cuba (until the Russians befriended that island). And, of course, they point to the Monroe Doctrine.

Maybe (maybe!) a more clever and pleasant-appearing Russian leader (who would NOT have infuriated the world by raping Ukraine) could have been more successful in convincing the world to believe the theory of those "scholars."

A military murdering and bombing civilians in a country who poses no threat to them whatsoever is not self defense. To defend and justify this is disgusting.

That is pure horse pucky, NATO is not an aggressive Organization. The only reason to fear Ukraine joining NATO, is if the plan was there to subject Ukraine to a takeover attempt. If Ukraine was a member, when Pooten Attacked, the whole of NATO would be obligated to join with Ukraine in the fight. Tucker might agree with your assessment, as he favors Pooten, also.

Back
Top Bottom