• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question For Those Who Know Atlanta

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What can you tell me about The Drunken Unicorn At The Mjq Concourse and The Masquerade? The Unicorn is having both the bands Crowbar and Brutal Truth in the next month, and Masqueade is having Dimmu Borgir and Deicide play. In my old age, I would probably prefer to avoid complete ****holes...but Crowbar and Brutal Truth would be great to see live.

Also, any other places here to see metal or hardcore bands?

What can you tell me about The Drunken Unicorn At The Mjq Concourse and The Masquerade? The Unicorn is having both the bands Crowbar and Brutal Truth in the next month, and Masqueade is having Dimmu Borgir and Deicide play. In my old age, I would probably prefer to avoid complete ****holes...but Crowbar and Brutal Truth would be great to see live.

Heaven at the Masquerade is usually geared towards 30ish adults.
You'd probably enjoy it, although it's been about 10 years since I last went.

I'd refrain from going to the lower levels, it would irritate you.

It's been a long time since I've been to a concert at any of the venues but the Cotton Club is a cool place, so is the Roxy, Roxy and Masquerade take my vote for best venues.

Places to avoid, Lakewood.
It blows.

Back in the day, The Strand was a pretty awesome dive but they refurbed it to a historical landmark, no more concerts. :?

Edit: The Tabernacle is so-so.
A cool place but terrible acoustics.

Last edited:

Not sure about the unicorn, but the masquarade is full of 16 yearolds if you go the wrong night... especially foam night.

Not sure about the unicorn, but the masquarade is full of 16 yearolds if you go the wrong night... especially foam night.

I would only go on nights when a band I want to see is playing. I tired of the bar scene for itself 15 years ago.

I would only go on nights when a band I want to see is playing. I tired of the bar scene for itself 15 years ago.

Upstairs is a good place. Lots of room to stand and a few places to sit in the back. The acoustics are so so, but the equipment is powerful enough that it doesn't matter. Be careful though, I lost some of my hearing in that room.

Back
Top Bottom