• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for ladies who have gone through menopause... [W:63]

You're rapidly losing the plot at this point. Your anger is useless, unless you're simply enjoying some **** slinging on the net. That's cool with me. I'm not averse to a little slap and tickle, myself. Be careful, though. The Mods can overreact at times. Just a heads up.

As for the substance of my comments, you could at least try to re-read them.

Oh, darlin' I'm so NOT angry. I find your apparent ignorance annoying to be sure, but laughable. You say re-read for substance, but then I read a few posts ago you were claiming sarcasm which would say to NOT re-read for substance. Make up your mind.

Oh, darlin' I'm so NOT angry. I find your apparent ignorance annoying to be sure, but laughable. You say re-read for substance, but then I read a few posts ago you were claiming sarcasm which would say to NOT re-read for substance. Make up your mind.
Ripcord. The sarcasm there highlights the point you fail to grasp. Admittedly, I couldn't predict that you'd fail to misunderstand, even the face of emphasis.

Will you re-read the comments? You don't have to, of course.

Pay attention. S&M is arguing that sexuality is a matter wholly of 'hormones'. I disagree. She now says otherwise, since she's realised her mistake, but won't 'give me the satisfaction' of an admission.

Btw, you pulled this very same ripcord a few days ago, in response to a perfectly cogent and civil post I made about Feminism's gynocentric bias.

Is this honestly the sum totality of your repertoire?

Actually, that's your claim, not mine. I just don't think you realized it, since you know nothing about the issue.

Gynocentric? Are you assuming I think men are nothing but hormones?

Actually, that's your claim, not mine. I just don't think you realized it, since you know nothing about the issue.
Oh, sweet Christ. Your new position is to claim that you agreed with me all along?

Gynocentric? Are you assuming I think men are nothing but hormones?
That probably makes sense to you.

Says the dude who thinks personality is nothing but fertility.
This was your position, dear.

I disagreed, remember? Of course you do, but you're playing the usual game. This is piss weak.

Oh, sweet Christ. Your new position is to claim that you agreed with me all along?

That probably makes sense to you.

No. It's the same position I had earlier, which is that you came into a thread about a hormonal-based human condition and claimed it controls personality, but you don't seem to know that that's what menopause is.

I was assuming you actually knew what menopause was when you made that claim. Apparently I was wrong to assume that you had that baseline of medical literacy.

Ripcord. The sarcasm there highlights the point you fail to grasp. Admittedly, I couldn't predict that you'd fail to misunderstand, even the face of emphasis.

Will you re-read the comments? You don't have to, of course.

Tell you what. Rather than me re-reading and attempting to determine where you're sarcastic and where you're being sincere, how about you sincerely respond to this post with your actual opinion. I will remain open to seeing that I misunderstood you (though if I failed to misunderstand as you suggest, that would mean I understood) and will duly and sincerely apologize if it turns out to be the case.

This was your position, dear.

I disagreed, remember? Of course you do, but you're playing the usual game. This is piss weak.

You just say ad hom stuff over and over without making an argument. Do you really think most people here can't see that?

Question for ladies who have gone through menopause...

Did you come out on the other end basically the same person you were beforehand? Personality-wise, I mean.

I know this comes off as an ignorant question, and it is, but I don't know 100% and would like to fill in the gaps. Thanks.

I came out the other end is an entirely better person. Less irritable, much happier, and feeling good with the world and life as it is. It did take considerable hell to get there, and was really an emotional roller coaster for years, but I survived it intact, and don't want to go back. ;)

I can see that some women whose sense of self-worth is tied up in their reproductive abilities might feel as if they'd been rendered "less female", and become depressed about aging. Others may suffer long-term legitimate hormonal imbalances as their bodies struggle through an extended period of change, so I am certainly not saying that menopausal depression is psychosomatic... in many cases it is a very real and difficult physical condition. I think that is rather rare, though.

The general consensus is that women who experience serious psychological changes during menopause, are the ones who already had issues, and menopause tends to bring them to the surface. That was my own experience too. It was actually the catalyst which pushed me into some serious self-reflection, and facilitated my dedication to resolving the conflicts I had, which caused me much grief for so many years.

Who are you trying to kid? It has a colossal impact on a woman's personality. Either you've no experience of menopausal women, or you've been hanging out with mannequins. For one thing, fertility is associated with sexuality, which happens to be the most definitive component of a woman's mental life.

Frankly, what is boils down to, is that virtually everything boils down to sexuality, no matter if you're a man or a woman. That was a great idea that God had. ;)

Moderator's Warning:
Any further personal attacks will be met with infractions and/or thread bans.

Who are you trying to kid? It has a colossal impact on a woman's personality. Either you've no experience of menopausal women, or you've been hanging out with mannequins. For one thing, fertility is associated with sexuality, which happens to be the most definitive component of a woman's mental life.

Not that I or anyone else here has noticed. You know, I have known some shallow people. Really, really, shockingly shallow people. But I have never known ANYONE whose sexuality is "the definitive component" of their mental life. I don't know where on earth you got that from or what kind of people you hang out with. Besides that, as many here have already said, their sex drive doesn't necessarily change. It may or may not, but even if it did (and I'm sure I've known some for whom it did), that does not dictate a person's personality. You're making some pretty baseless claims in this post, and the one above, where you reckon that the only possible reason an aging woman might want to do some stereotypical "young" things is because her hormones are changing. I can think of at least 2 or 3 more likely possibilities. Hormones are not the sole factor in someone's personality. In fact, they aren't even the biggest.
I see what you did there. ;)

I was talking about everything boiling down to sex.

Oh, but so much of it does. :) It isn't always conscious, and we don't often know we do it, but the attraction and the interaction is always playing in the background. It's what makes the world go round.

No, Freud isn't my God. ;) My God invented sex, and didn't just theorize on it. :lol:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and I mean that sincerely, but didn't all the begating begin AFTER the whole serpent apple moment? After that was anything truly created or controlled solely by God according to gospels and bibles and all such? And if so, then why did he keep allowing so many things that apparently pissed him off? I get so confused. Really your God makes no sense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I mean that sincerely, but didn't all the begating begin AFTER the whole serpent apple moment? After that was anything truly created or controlled solely by God according to gospels and bibles and all such? And if so, then why did he keep allowing so many things that apparently pissed him off? I get so confused. Really your God makes no sense.

Frankly, that isn't the God I am speaking of at all. :)

Only three hot flashes. Lucky you.

I sometimes have hot flashes month to month. I asked the doctor about it, and she said there wasn't much I can do.

I asked my mom if that was normal before her menopause, and she said no. She doesn't really get them at all.

Hot flashes are annoying and strange. It's hard to cool down, but the outside of my body might feel super cold. Its not the worst thing in the world though.

As everything in life, it depends on the individual I suppose. Me, I had a grand total of 3 hot flashes, my periods stopped, and I was happy as a clam in sand to be carrying a playpen that would never again be a crib. No personality changes at all that I noticed, or that anyone else commented on. From that point on, I still had my size 6 figure, the same amount of energy and vigor, enjoyed my hobbies, enjoyed my work, life was good!

I can see that some women whose sense of self-worth is tied up in their reproductive abilities might feel as if they'd been rendered "less female", and become depressed about aging. Others may suffer long-term legitimate hormonal imbalances as their bodies struggle through an extended period of change, so I am certainly not saying that menopausal depression is psychosomatic... in many cases it is a very real and difficult physical condition. I think that is rather rare, though.

Most of the women I know who have gone through menopause are happier, healthier, and would rather chew glass than return to their fertile days of monthly cramps, bloating and raging headaches. Personally I consider myself quite lucky that I went through menopause at a relatively young age (done with it by age 43) and with no side-effects whatsoever!

Or you could get a vasectomy

There is a great deal of joy involved with knowing your swimmers can paddle away without repercussion.

Back
Top Bottom