• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for ladies who have gone through menopause... [W:63]

Read that back to yourself and see if you spot any inconsistency there.

I said you don't comprehend that. I know what you think. You've reduced the sum totality of sexuality to 'hormones'. And now you'll respond by saying you neither said nor implied any such thing. Then I'll either try to rephrase my original comments or give it up as hopeless.

Well, that's what changes during menopause. Hormones. So unless you don't know what causes menopause, in which case I don't know why you're in this thread, then your post is the one that doesn't make sense.

I had a full hysterectomy at 31 and have had menopause ever since (22 years) as I refuse to take the hormones, then or now. For the Gipper up above, menopause raised my horniness, so fear not with your woman of 45. (PS I'm also told from a man's pov that if copulating when a hot flash arrives, you'll get to enjoy it as well, and it's apparent quite an interesting experience)
To the OP, I say it depends on the person. Seems to me the gals that are VERY medically dependent, in other words go to the doc a lot, think they need every pill advertised on tv, and base their femininity on their crotches and boobs, then yeah, those types create so many crap dramas around their menopause, it can be a huge amplification of that insecurity. They become some of the worst drama queens, imo.

For those more like myself, don't seem to change much. Some occasional comments to and observations by others about the hot flashes (my familly make fun of it and say, "Bahama Mama is taking a free tropical vaca! Yeah!) and the resulting lack of sleep when they are night sweats. Otherwise, not much change at all.

Last edited:
Well, that's what changes during menopause. Hormones. So unless you don't know what causes menopause, in which case I don't know why you're in this thread, then your post is the one that doesn't make sense.
That's the top and bottom of it, eh?

As I said, you'll learn. You may also discover that repetition is no fitting substitute for experience or insight.

That's the top and bottom of it, eh?

As I said, you'll learn. You may also discover that repetition is no fitting substitute for experience or insight.

Other collateral things change in response, but that's the main actor, yes.

...Of which you clearly have none, :lol:

Who are you trying to kid? It has a colossal impact on a woman's personality. Either you've no experience of menopausal women, or you've been hanging out with mannequins. For one thing, fertility is associated with sexuality, which happens to be the most definitive component of a woman's mental life.
Only because society tells women to feel thusly. Folks like myself who DON'T associate their sexuality with internal parts, don't suffer such foolishness. I've been consistently going through menopause for 22 years, no added hormones, no female parts left to provide them, and my sexual desire skyrocketed, and remains quite high compared to pre-hysterectomy. Just sayin', you promoting this busslhit idea is part of the problem for women. You WANT us to feel less if we aren't "fully" women.

A woman of my acquaintance dumped her partner of 12 years, started chasing round after a dude half her age (he banged her a coupla times) and got butterfly tattoos. She denied both going through the change and having a midlife crisis.

lulz
Well for me, I did not leave my husband at that time, but I agree my sexual desires skyrocketed, but not because of hormones, I don't think. I think it was because I could have sex and be CERTAIN I couldn't get pregnant. Hormones, even birthcontrol, are not for me, and my ex had sexual issues that made a condom untenable.

Other collateral things change in response, but that's the main actor, yes.

...Of which you clearly have none, :lol:
Oh, they're 'collateral'.

Because the smilie knows. Yes, it knows. I wonder if it shares your mediocre writing skill. I guess we'll never know. All it does is laugh.

Oh, they're 'collateral'.

Because the smilie knows. Yes, it knows. I wonder if it shares your mediocre writing skill. I guess we'll never know. All it does is laugh.

Yes. Some physical things change when hormones change. EX: the thickness of the vaginal walls.

You don't know anything about menopause, do you.

Only because society tells women to feel thusly. Folks like myself who DON'T associate their sexuality with internal parts, don't suffer such foolishness. I've been consistently going through menopause for 22 years, no added hormones, no female parts left to provide them, and my sexual desire skyrocketed, and remains quite high compared to pre-hysterectomy. Just sayin', you promoting this busslhit idea is part of the problem for women. You WANT us to feel less if we aren't "fully" women.
Is that what I want?

/SmokeAndMirrors likes this. lulz

Yes. Some physical things change when hormones change. EX: the thickness of the vaginal walls.

You don't know anything about menopause, do you.
Oh, stop. It's silly. The last word won't make you any less naive and inexperienced.

Is that what I want?

/SmokeAndMirrors likes this. lulz

I conclude that you must, because to repeat a falsehood as you have, has only one purpose, to continue the lie. If that's not what you want, please elaborate why you would make such an ignorant statement?

The only personality changes I've seen in post-menopausal women have been due to questioning their self-worth and level of youth as they enter middle age. Menopause is only traumatic if you make it that way.

I conclude that you must, because to repeat a falsehood as you have, has only one purpose, to continue the lie. If that's not what you want, please elaborate why you would make such an ignorant statement?
If indeed said statement was either false or oppressive.

The only personality changes I've seen in post-menopausal women have been due to questioning their self-worth and level of youth as they enter middle age. Menopause is only traumatic if you make it that way.
Incredible.

How do such crises of identity come to the fore, where such involves mentality beyond the influence of 'hormones'. lulz

If indeed said statement was either false or oppressive.
Since I'm a woman going through 22 years of it, I'm going to suggest that my factual evidence of the falseness of your statement has validity over your male driven opining.

Incredible.

How do such crises of identity come to the fore, where such involves mentality beyond the influence of 'hormones'. lulz
So you think mentality is ruled by hormones? No wonder your comments are so stupid.

Incredible.

The notion that women are hysterically controlled by their hormones was debunked about, oh, 90 years ago.

Get with the times.

So you think mentality is ruled by hormones? No wonder your comments are so stupid.
Oh, Jesus. I think I was better off with the Feminazi.

Yes, that's just what I said, isn't it? Erm, and a very good day to you, madam! :)

The notion that women are hysterically controlled by their hormones was debunked about, oh, 90 years ago.

Get with the times.
And another one.

Read it again. I'll give you a hint. Look for the sarcasm. ;)

Oh, Jesus. I think I was better off with the Feminazi.

Yes, that's just what I said, isn't it? Erm, and a very good day to you, madam! :)

Yep, just another insecure maleman tossing around misinformation to help assure any women he might want to dominate have even more insecurities than himself.

Yep, just another insecure maleman tossing around misinformation to help assure any women he might want to dominate have even more insecurities than himself.
You're rapidly losing the plot at this point. Your anger is useless, unless you're simply enjoying some **** slinging on the net. That's cool with me. I'm not averse to a little slap and tickle, myself. Be careful, though. The Mods can overreact at times. Just a heads up.

As for the substance of my comments, you could at least try to re-read them.

And another one.

Read it again. I'll give you a hint. Look for the sarcasm. ;)

5055032357_69d1d1be72_z.jpg

This thread doesn't need your sarcasm. The OP has a genuine interest in having her question answered, not hijacked by quippy idiots.

This thread doesn't need your sarcasm. The OP has a genuine interest in having her question answered, not hijacked by quippy idiots.
Pay attention. S&M is arguing that sexuality is a matter wholly of 'hormones'. I disagree. She now says otherwise, since she's realised her mistake, but won't 'give me the satisfaction' of an admission.

Btw, you pulled this very same ripcord a few days ago, in response to a perfectly cogent and civil post I made about Feminism's gynocentric bias.

Is this honestly the sum totality of your repertoire?

Back
Top Bottom