• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Conservatives

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong. We cannot trust the Pentagon or the generals who are in charge. We know this because Trump has said he knows more than them. We know that any news outlet that runs a story that is not flattering to Trump is FAKE NEWS. We know we cannot trust our elections because Trump has said that the upcoming elections will be the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America.

Is there any government agency, department, or societal pillar that can be trusted at this time? If so which?

And off I go to find a legitimate conversation elsewhere.

Because I know that I'm not ****ing finding something like that here.
If the question is whether Trumpers trust any source of authority over Trump, I think the answer is just no. It's weird, because he lies constantly, but all their faith is in him.

If the question is whether Trumpers trust any source of authority over Trump, I think the answer is just no. It's weird, because he lies constantly, but all their faith is in him.
The fact that you're attempting to paint it so disparagingly, is probably the best indication that you will not be directly honest about the conversation.

Trump's supporters trust him to a point and they will trust other figureheads as well. That's just a simple fact.

The OP was not looking to have an actual discussion. They were looking to sell a broken premise, by hiding it behind the thin façade. Which is something that I really don't care for.
If the OP lacked the integrity to actually follow through with their own question for conservatives. Then I don't even think they merit a direct response at this point.

Much like yourself at this point. Saying that "he lies constantly" is such an overwhelmingly blanket term. That I don't even think you're aware of just how much of yourself has been caught by it.

The fact that you're attempting to paint it so disparagingly, is probably the best indication that you will not be directly honest about the conversation.

Trump's supporters trust him to a point and they will trust other figureheads as well. That's just a simple fact.

The OP was not looking to have an actual discussion. They were looking to sell a broken premise, by hiding it behind the thin façade. Which is something that I really don't care for.
If the OP lacked the integrity to actually follow through with their own question for conservatives. Then I don't even think they merit a direct response at this point.

Much like yourself at this point. Saying that "he lies constantly" is such an overwhelmingly blanket term. That I don't even think you're aware of just how much of yourself has been caught by it.
Why don't you answer the question? Is there anything other than Trump you trust? Do you trust the Social Security Administration? Do you trust the banks? Do you trust anything?

We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong. We cannot trust the Pentagon or the generals who are in charge. We know this because Trump has said he knows more than them. We know that any news outlet that runs a story that is not flattering to Trump is FAKE NEWS. We know we cannot trust our elections because Trump has said that the upcoming elections will be the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America.

Is there any government agency, department, or societal pillar that can be trusted at this time? If so which?

It is a good question, Stealers Wheel. I realize that you are asking this in such a way as to get the goat of Trump supporters, but I will answer nonetheless: I respect institutions. But I respect them in the same manner you might respect a Rhinoceros grazing on the African Savannah when you are up close to one. That is, I treat the institution with the respect I might treat anything that could trample me underfoot and take my life with little to no redress. I do not trust them because at the end of the day, they are run by people. People who have found ways to arrogate power unto themselves. And I am given to distrust power, whether it is institutional or informal, and whether the power in question takes shape in the social, economic and most importantly political sphere.

If you are interested in a discussion, I would ask that you do the following: pretend I was an alien who just arrived to Planet Earth and asked you why I should trust these institutions as you seem to, when they are controlled by fellow creatures who are clearly no more or less venal, petty, jealous, and prejudiced than you are. Why do you trust them with power over you?

Last edited:
It is a good question, Stealers Wheel. I realize that you are asking this in such a way as to get the goat of Trump supporters, but I will answer nonetheless: I respect institutions. But I do not trust them because at the end of the day, they are run by people. People who have found ways to arrogate power unto themselves. And I distrust power, whether it is institutional or informal, and whether the power in question takes shape in the social, economic and most importantly political sphere.

If you are interested in a discussion, I would ask that you do the following: pretend I was an alien who just arrived to Planet Earth and asked you why I should trust these institutions as you seem to, when they are controlled by fellow creatures who are clearly no more or less venal, petty, jealous, and biased than you are. Why do you trust them with power over you?
So you believe the people in the Pentagon are "clearly venal, petty, jealous, and biased"? Same for the people who work in the NSA? Would you say the same of the people who are in the White House? You "respect" them but you do not "trust" them? Is that an accurate assessment of your position?

Why don't you answer the question? Is there anything other than Trump you trust? Do you trust the Social Security Administration? Do you trust the banks? Do you trust anything?
Yes, more than few people in fact. Though to say "trust" when concerning any politician. Is a rather slippery slope to try and climb.

So you believe the people in the Pentagon are "clearly venal, petty, jealous, and biased"? Same for the people who work in the NSA? Would you say the same of the people who are in the White House? You "respect" them but you do not "trust" them? Is that an accurate assessment of your position?

I edited my quote. But broadly yes. All people have feet of clay. One of our best Generals Petraeus betrayed his marital oaths, betrayed state secrets, and followed his penis to his disgrace and ruin. I do not expect all the men and women in the Pentagon would behave similarly, but, again, I am not given to trust the purity of institutions based on their membership. Naturally, the same of course goes for the White House that is run by an openly venal, petty tyrant at the moment.

To illustrate further, I respect institution of the police. But I respect them with the same respect you would have for a rhinoceros or an elephant up close and in the wild. You do not provoke them because if you do, they might just come over and kill or maim you and there is little to nothing you can do to stop them. Does that respect translate into trust? Of course not. Because I do not have blind trust an organization that, in any given instant, has power over life and death over me and could kill me without any form of redress or consequence, and whose members have motivations that I may not be privy to.

Last edited:
Yes, more than few people in fact. Though to say "trust" when concerning any politician. Is a rather slippery slope to try and climb.
Who? Who do you trust? What American institution besides Donald J. Trump, president of the United States of America do you trust? Do you trust the department of engraving? Do you trust the Smithsonian Museums? Do you Trust the Library of Congress?

Who? Who do you trust? What American institution besides Donald J. Trump, president of the United States of America do you trust? Do you trust the department of engraving? Do you trust the Smithsonian Museums? Do you Trust the Library of Congress?
I can say that I generally trust them all, so long as they do not give me any reason to otherwise not trust them.

I can say that I generally trust them all, so long as they do not give me any reason to otherwise not trust them.
So when Trump said that those fools (NOAA) in Alabama were wrong about the hurricane not posing a threat to Alabama, that gave you reason to not trust them?

So when Trump said that those fools (NOAA) in Alabama were wrong about the hurricane not posing a threat to Alabama, that gave you reason to not trust them?
That was his opinion and he's free to have it. If this is about Dorian, then yes. We know that there was a possibility that it could affect, or even hit Alabama. Though it was not likely.

Saying that "he lies constantly" is such an overwhelmingly blanket term. That I don't even think you're aware of just how much of yourself has been caught by it.
Actually, his tendency to lie constantly is not even an exaggeration. That is why his lawyers can NEVER let him be deposed. He is literally incapable of not lying.

Actually, his tendency to lie constantly is not even an exaggeration. That is why his lawyers can NEVER let him be deposed. He is literally incapable of not lying.
Which is probably close to the same reason why Biden can't be around children, while unsupervised.

Which is probably close to the same reason why Biden can't be around children, while unsupervised.
Really? Biden demonstrates that he molests children dozens of times per day on Twitter? I had no idea.

And off I go to find a legitimate conversation elsewhere.

Because I know that I'm not ****ing finding something like that here.
Do you do anything except gripe about OPs?

Gee, has Mr. Trump ever given you "any reason" to not trust him? Can't imagine that captain honest bone spurs would EVER shake your faith

Really? Biden demonstrates that he molests children dozens of times per day on Twitter? I had no idea.
No, but then again. We have years of video evidence of him getting far more than just a little "hands on".

The issue with tweets being put out, is on several levels. Trump either talks about something that he just heard, gives his opinion, or jokes at the expense of others.

Then the lot of you just fall over one another to make up whatever premise you can against him.
I don't care for his jokes, his opinions are just as valid as everyone else's, and he should be more patient with a topic, before releasing a tweet about it. It's as simple as that.

Gee, has Mr. Trump ever given you "any reason" to not trust him? Can't imagine that captain honest bone spurs would EVER shake your faith
No, though when he started tossing out missiles and drone strikes. I was somewhat taken aback. Then he started working on peace agreements and was the first president to walk across the DMZ into North Korea. Actions that have done more than enough to help win my favor this time around.

Only as much as you cry and moan about Trump.
Not sure how much you consider that to be, but if you think it is a lot, you are admitting that you gripe a lot.

you constantly gripe about threads but I cannot recall a single thread you’ve started that invoked deep thought. Come to think of it, none of your posts either. It seems you are simply here to gripe, piss, and moan.

Dems are just as loudly sceeaming we can't trust elections

It's a CULT.

Back
Top Bottom