• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Conservatives

The fact that you're attempting to paint it so disparagingly, is probably the best indication that you will not be directly honest about the conversation.

Trump's supporters trust him to a point and they will trust other figureheads as well. That's just a simple fact.

The OP was not looking to have an actual discussion. They were looking to sell a broken premise, by hiding it behind the thin façade. Which is something that I really don't care for.
If the OP lacked the integrity to actually follow through with their own question for conservatives. Then I don't even think they merit a direct response at this point.

Much like yourself at this point. Saying that "he lies constantly" is such an overwhelmingly blanket term. That I don't even think you're aware of just how much of yourself has been caught by it.
The conversation you said you wouldn't find in this thread? Here's a broken promise, I'm going to build a big beautiful wall on our southern border. Trump is a prolific lying con man, sorry you can't accept that fact.

We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong. We cannot trust the Pentagon or the generals who are in charge. We know this because Trump has said he knows more than them. We know that any news outlet that runs a story that is not flattering to Trump is FAKE NEWS. We know we cannot trust our elections because Trump has said that the upcoming elections will be the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America.

Is there any government agency, department, or societal pillar that can be trusted at this time? If so which?

We cannot trust these agencies insofar as their policy objectives. There is very extensive political and social rot at all elements of the federal government. The establishment has destroyed all of our institutions. You have legit doctors aping a political agenda that men can become women, many agencies over 80% of workers are democrats, the federal government is providing patronage jobs to millions of people, so really when around half the country is conservative and 80 plus percent of the federal workforce views this half with contempt then no they cannot be trusted, I think a good start is eliminating half of federal jobs then of who’s left purging half of them to replace them with workers of a non statist political ideology, then spread the departments around the country with employees needing presidential permission to enter Washington DC

It is a good question, Stealers Wheel. I realize that you are asking this in such a way as to get the goat of Trump supporters, but I will answer nonetheless: I respect institutions. But I respect them in the same manner you might respect a Rhinoceros grazing on the African Savannah when you are up close to one. That is, I treat the institution with the respect I might treat anything that could trample me underfoot and take my life with little to no redress. I do not trust them because at the end of the day, they are run by people. People who have found ways to arrogate power unto themselves. And I am given to distrust power, whether it is institutional or informal, and whether the power in question takes shape in the social, economic and most importantly political sphere.

If you are interested in a discussion, I would ask that you do the following: pretend I was an alien who just arrived to Planet Earth and asked you why I should trust these institutions as you seem to, when they are controlled by fellow creatures who are clearly no more or less venal, petty, jealous, and prejudiced than you are. Why do you trust them with power over you?

The problem is that we hire way too many people into federal jobs and they’re uniformly of leftist political ideology and too many of them work in urban bubbles especially in WA DC.

It’s one thing to want to trust the institution, but many of the employees have their own political objectives and they also have a need to justify their own jobs and expansion of their departments with new policies, and they operate with no functional oversight from elected leaders.

Good example are the wildfires here out west, the Forest Service owns like a quarter of my state, they have effectively ended logging on most forest service lands, the forest service hires administrators who are radical environmentalists from urban areas who know nothing about forestry, they won’t let timber companies harvest scrap lumber after fires, they don’t do enough controlled burns, etc

And then when their policies lead to massive fires they can turn around and blame climate change, and elected leaders don’t hold them accountable.

Such agencies should be cut, purged, and placed under stricter oversight. And the policies should not be coming from DC, they should come from local leaders in the area

The establishment has destroyed all of our institutions.

Finally, someone straight up answers the question. There are no institutions that can be trusted. Thank you, EMN.

The problem is that we hire way too many people into federal jobs and they’re uniformly of leftist political ideology and too many of them work in urban bubbles especially in WA DC.

It’s one thing to want to trust the institution, but many of the employees have their own political objectives and they also have a need to justify their own jobs and expansion of their departments with new policies, and they operate with no functional oversight from elected leaders.

Good example are the wildfires here out west, the Forest Service owns like a quarter of my state, they have effectively ended logging on most forest service lands, the forest service hires administrators who are radical environmentalists from urban areas who know nothing about forestry, they won’t let timber companies harvest scrap lumber after fires, they don’t do enough controlled burns, etc

And then when their policies lead to massive fires they can turn around and blame climate change, and elected leaders don’t hold them accountable.

Such agencies should be cut, purged, and placed under stricter oversight. And the policies should not be coming from DC, they should come from local leaders in the area
You realize you're at odds with president Trump on this issue, right? Trump claims it is the fault of California, not federal forest management personnel. Trump claims forest fires are a result of California failing to rake federal lands.

We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong. We cannot trust the Pentagon or the generals who are in charge. We know this because Trump has said he knows more than them. We know that any news outlet that runs a story that is not flattering to Trump is FAKE NEWS. We know we cannot trust our elections because Trump has said that the upcoming elections will be the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America.

Is there any government agency, department, or societal pillar that can be trusted at this time? If so which?

And he's doing everything in his power to make sure this coming election is "the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America".

That was his opinion and he's free to have it. If this is about Dorian, then yes. We know that there was a possibility that it could affect, or even hit Alabama. Though it was not likely.
WE know that because Trump said so. He even provided Sharpie evidence. No one from NOAA said Alabama was at risk. Trump was right. NOAA was wrong and those folks in Alabama apologized for contradicting the president.

You realize you're at odds with president Trump on this issue, right? Trump claims it is the fault of California, not federal forest management personnel. Trump claims forest fires are a result of California failing to rake federal lands.
California absolutely fails to properly clear their own state lands, and there is no evidence I see that CA’s congressional representaion, or senators, or Govenors office is actively lobbying for better federal management.

You seem to think that by throwing out random Trump quotes that you’ve won some kind of “gotchya” without making a coherent argument yourself

They were taught, by Republican Media forever, to not trust the Gov (while they still, personally, benefit from the Gov).

It's because they have lost so many social battles over the decades.

....there are many many problems... THE BIG ONE is the quality of the people [their thinking] $elected to high public office....they are ALL puppet$... people whose stinking ideas are no threat to thi$ mi$erable exi$ting financial order...

...little do republicrats understand about 'our' stinking rotten monetary system but the people who control the creation and issuance of 'our' money control the economic and political processes... when i see republicrats getting all worked up about which flavor of bankster puppet they support, i weep...and then i get ugly...

The answer to your question is "no."

Nothing government ever does can be trusted. Why do you think we have checks and balances? If government could be trusted there would be no need for a Bill of Rights.

Back
Top Bottom