• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Conservatives

You seem to think that by throwing out random Trump quotes that you’ve won some kind of “gotchya” without making a coherent argument yourself

Is Trump wrong? Is California responsible for raking federal forests? Does Trump require California's permission to manage federal lands? I realize that one of Trump's priorities in any crisis is to assess blame. People's lives are being destroyed and the most important thing is to point fingers.

And he's doing everything in his power to make sure this coming election is "the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America".
Trump has made it very clear. Either he wins or it is all bullshit. And his base agrees. The outcome of the election is already predetermined.

WE know that because Trump said so. He even provided Sharpie evidence. No one from NOAA said Alabama was at risk. Trump was right. NOAA was wrong and those folks in Alabama apologized for contradicting the president.
No, we knew because it was how we expect the weather to work. We had people prepping for something to happen, even before any real broadcast of Dorian was up on the news at that time. If people were getting upset over Trump's little sharpie incident, even though no one knows that Trump actually put that mark there. It's because they don't know just how unpredictable the weather can be.

People were just over politicizing something that the president did. Something that they would've done, no matter the context, or scenario. That's why almost no one else, but the media and political mouthpieces were yammering on about it.

Trump has made it very clear. Either he wins or it is all bullshit. And his base agrees. The outcome of the election is already predetermined.
You mean the exact same case that the democrats are attempting to make?

No, we knew because it was how we expect the weather to work. We had people prepping for something to happen, even before any real broadcast of Dorian was up on the news at that time. If people were getting upset over Trump's little sharpie incident, even though no one knows that Trump actually put that mark there. It's because they don't know just how unpredictable the weather can be.

People were just over politicizing something that the president did. Something that they would've done, no matter the context, or scenario. That's why almost no one else, but the media and political mouthpieces were yammering on about it.
No, the sharpie incident occurred, not because of politicizing something the president did, but rather because the president misspoke and someone called him on it. Rather just say "Did I say Alabama? My bad," he was infuriated that he had been called out on a simple misstatement. Then "someone" pulled out a Sharpie (the president says he has no idea who) and "corrected" the official projected hurricane path to include Alabama. The weather folks, to avoid a panic shopping spree for plywood and bottled water in Alabama, went on the air to assure the citizens that the hurricane posed no threat to them. This infuriated Trump even more. He made the head of NOAA demand the apology from the local experts who had dared to contradict the president. If president Trump says you're in the path of a GOD DAMNED HURRICANE, no mother ****ing perfunctory bureaucrat is going to say otherwise.

That's a good assumption, but given the left's track record on that sort of thing. I don't think your guess is going to do much more than just add to an already overburdened pile.
You can be as hyperbolic and idiotic about the assumption all you like. But we already know, that's in part to the fact that the story is so old now and that so much was "spewed" about it. That such a justification was just not the case here.

Given the fact that you're already talking to someone who doesn't actually care that there was a sharpie mark on the board, much like a majority of the people in the country don't care. If you're really this desperate to pull up a "issue" that is just this damn old. Then you really are in some extremely slim minority of people that, for some reason or another. Chose to care so fervently about something that wasn't even a minute problem, at it's height of media coverage.

We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong. We cannot trust the Pentagon or the generals who are in charge. We know this because Trump has said he knows more than them. We know that any news outlet that runs a story that is not flattering to Trump is FAKE NEWS. We know we cannot trust our elections because Trump has said that the upcoming elections will be the most chaotic and corrupt in the history of America.

Is there any government agency, department, or societal pillar that can be trusted at this time? If so which?
Power has corrupted our government.

God is about give the world an enema.

That's a good assumption, but given the left's track record on that sort of thing. I don't think your guess is going to do much more than just add to an already overburdened pile.
You can be as hyperbolic and idiotic about the assumption all you like. But we already know, that's in part to the fact that the story is so old now and that so much was "spewed" about it. That such a justification was just not the case here.

Given the fact that you're already talking to someone who doesn't actually care that there was a sharpie mark on the board, much like a majority of the people in the country don't care. If you're really this desperate to pull up a "issue" that is just this damn old. Then you really are in some extremely slim minority of people that, for some reason or another. Chose to care so fervently about something that wasn't even a minute problem, at it's height of media coverage.
Nope. The NOAA sharpie incident simply shows that Trump wants us to distrust all government agencies and it demonstrates that he is incapable of ever admitting to any error on his part no matter how inconsequential. If he told you it was 9 o'clock and it was actually 10 o'clock and you showed him the clock on the wall, he would tell you need a new clock.

The trust-nobody, government-only-causes-harm types tend to be a bit too cowardly and conspiratorial to have the mental capacity to engage in rational conversation.

Nope. The NOAA sharpie incident simply shows that Trump wants us to distrust all government agencies and it demonstrates that he is incapable of ever admitting to any error on his part no matter how inconsequential. If he told you it was 9 o'clock and it was actually 10 o'clock and you showed him the clock on the wall, he would tell you need a new clock.
Aside from your own heavily slanted opinion. I don't think that you have much to go on.

Aside from your own heavily slanted opinion. I don't think that you have much to go on.
Then disassemble the premise. Show examples of where Trump has indicated that a government agency, any government agency, can be trusted. Any time there is a discrepancy between what government or industry experts say and what Trump says, the government or industry experts are ALWAYS WRONG. ALWAYS! Prove me wrong.

You're the one who doesn't have much to go one.

You do realize that this is all based on the fact that you couldn't even prove your previous premise.
So you're asking me to disprove a negative at this point.

I've seen him do both at this point. Disagree and agree with different groups and agencies.

It's something that presidents do from time to time. So nothing has actually changed here.

You do realize that this is all based on the fact that you couldn't even prove your previous premise.
So you're asking me to disprove a negative at this point.

I've seen him do both at this point. Disagree and agree with different groups and agencies.

It's something that presidents do from time to time. So nothing has actually changed here.
We know we cannot trust the post office, the Federal Reserve, intel community (CIA, FBI, NSA, etc.). We cannot trust the CDC, AMA, FDA, USDA, or NOAA. We know this because every one of these entities have at some point contradicted Trump and that simply means they are wrong.

You've got nothing to counter these well known facts.

Back
Top Bottom