• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for conservatives

Regulations do not limit competition unless they're designed by corrupt lawmakers. Existing law was established to create level playing fields.

it seems that all lawmakers are corrupt, so when was the playing field ever level. barriers to entry limit competition by design, you obviously have never owned a business.

it seems that all lawmakers are corrupt, so when was the playing field ever level. barriers to entry limit competition by design, you obviously have never owned a business.

Many people like to buy into the fantasy that all lawmakers are corrupt, but then again, libertarians buy into a plethora of fantasies. I also own multiple successful businesses. You are a spoiled idiot.

many people like to buy into the fantasy that all lawmakers are corrupt, but then again, libertarians buy into a plethora of fantasies. I also own multiple successful businesses. You are a spoiled idiot.

and your successful businesses have no barriers to entry?

Which field is that?

It is a liberal argument that the private sector and politicians are corrupt and regulation is the cure.

But then you are a joker.

and your successful businesses have no barriers to entry?

Which field is that?
I don't do anything as absurd as share personal or professional details with anyone in this forum. So, none of your freaking business.

By the way, not all barriers to entry are legal. Very far from it.

It is a liberal argument that the private sector and politicians are corrupt and regulation is the cure.
No it isn't.

It is a logical (and well-established) argument that the private sector is inherently amoral in its conduct, and therefore requires regulation to prevent it from doing harm.

But then you are a joker.
That's Trump in my avatar, not me.

I don't do anything as absurd as share personal or professional details with anyone in this forum. So, none of your freaking business.

By the way, not all barriers to entry are legal. Very far from it.

No it isn't.

It is a logical (and well-established) argument that the private sector is inherently amoral in its conduct, and therefore requires regulation to prevent it from doing harm.

That's Trump in my avatar, not me.

medallions in NYC, is a barrier to entry, yes or no,

Licensing is a barrier to entry, yes or no?

passing the bar exam and cpa exam, barriers to entry yes or no?

ada facilities, barrier, yes or no.

if your rules is absolute and everywhere you are correct, there are always exceptions. if the standard is the norm then regulations are barriers and designed to be so by corrupt politicians.

maybe buy America is a barrier to imports, yes or no?

medallions in NYC, is a barrier to entry, yes or no,

Licensing is a barrier to entry, yes or no?

passing the bar exam and cpa exam, barriers to entry yes or no?

ada facilities, barrier, yes or no.

if your rules is absolute and everywhere you are correct, there are always exceptions. if the standard is the norm then regulations are barriers and designed to be so by corrupt politicians.

maybe buy America is a barrier to imports, yes or no?

It should have been crystal clear in the post you were quoting that not all "my" rules are absolute.

It already implied (strongly) that most, but not all, barriers to entry in business have nothing to do with laws or regulations. The obvious corollary is that some do. So you go out and name a few examples of the latter. Color us unimpressed; it doesn't help your case at all.

Back
Top Bottom