• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Canadians re our flag

Allan

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
When you see the Canadian Flag flying from cars and trucks do you look at that differently since the trucker's protest? I used to think about it in terms of a person proud of their country, or too lazy to take it down after Canada Day. Now I think 'dickhead'.

Makes me sad. :(

I always thought it a bit of an "over statement" to fly a flag from a car or truck. To me, it belongs on a flagpole treated with respect, not as some sort of personal badge of honour.

I don't see many, not nearly as prevalent as on houses. When I do, it is usually in equal amounts with other nations flags in car windows. Except US flags, I don't remember seeing any of those on cars.

I don't see many, not nearly as prevalent as on houses. When I do, it is usually in equal amounts with other nations flags in car windows. Except US flags, I don't remember seeing any of those on cars.
Where I live I see them every day on pickup trucks, usually paired with a '**** Trudeau' flag.

I should amend my comment to say when I see it during the playoffs or some other international sporting event I associate it with support for our teams.

I always thought it a bit of an "over statement" to fly a flag from a car or truck. To me, it belongs on a flagpole treated with respect, not as some sort of personal badge of honour.
I see it on trucks as a protest. Some sort of self-declared superiority in a political position. It's annoying.

Where I live I see them every day on pickup trucks, usually paired with a '**** Trudeau' flag.
In that case I can understand you making the connection. I have never seen a "**** Trudeau" flag, on a truck, car, yard or curb sign. Different demographics I guess, even though we're relatively close.

I should amend my comment to say when I see it during the playoffs or some other international sporting event I associate it with support for our teams.
Of course, hockey flags outnumber all others during the season.

In that case I can understand you making the connection. I have never seen a "**** Trudeau" flag, on a truck, car, yard or curb sign. Different demographics I guess, even though we're relatively close.
You're living in Affluent-Educated Ville. I'm in Redneck Town. I'm not actually in that part of town, but on the route to the QEW for them.

You're living in Affluent-Educated Ville. I'm in Redneck Town. I'm not actually in that part of town, but on the route to the QEW for them.
Only nickname I've heard for it is Snobsville. I can understand that.

Just amend the flag and EVERYONE will be flying .............. high.

615Z9EMGp0L._AC_SX466_.jpg

When you see the Canadian Flag flying from cars and trucks do you look at that differently since the trucker's protest? I used to think about it in terms of a person proud of their country, or too lazy to take it down after Canada Day. Now I think 'dickhead'.

As a DEMOCRATIC country - can you stop people from flying the flag to stand behind their cause?
Your opinion may be contradictory to theirs - but that's still their opinion!

Border restrictions of any kid - showing your passport (in our case, a vaccine card)......is like COMMUNISM!

ESPECIALLY SO.......................when you see how premier after premier started abolishing restrictions. 😁
And even Trudeau, had succumbed to abolishing it!
I suppose Biden must be right. Pandemic is over!
Trudeau saw the light! :ROFLMAO:

I'm still proud of our flag!
NOW - more than ever!

If we want to preserve democracy - we cannot cherry-pick over what freedom we can do without!

In 4

price
pours......screwed up on the " p" but it worked nicely
spurn
usurp

Aw geez, dude, take a breath.

Back
Top Bottom