• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question for Americans about sayings/phrases.

Tender Branson

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
What does the following phrase mean:

"The bigger the bill, the harder you ball."

Does it mean "The higher the stakes, the harder you work" ?

I’m not familiar with that phrase. We can both learn something

I tried looking it up on Google, and I know it's in the lyrics of a song, but I couldn't find out what it means. Sorry.

This is just a guess, but it might be that the verb is supposed to be "bawl" instead of "ball." "Bawl" means to cry, so if you go to a restaurant, the bigger the bill is, the harder you'll cry.

It is from a hiphop song by Wiz Khalifa. called Work Hard, Play Hard

I would say that in this section of the song he is addressing a "ho". The more money he gives to the her, the harder she balls - which is to say she shows more enthusiasm during lovemaking (to ball being a euphemism for to make the two-headed beast).

All I came up with was the ‘higher the hill the harder you climb’.

In a way it means that - it basically means if you want more you have to work more. "Ball" would be like a "baller" someone who came from the streets and lives large spending a lot of money, originally like a basketball player 'baller'. You just got a large house with a big bill - you need to ball hard to pay for it.

It is from a hiphop song by Wiz Khalifa. called Work Hard, Play Hard

I would say that in this section of the song he is addressing a "ho". The more money he gives to the her, the harder she balls - which is to say she shows more enthusiasm during lovemaking (to ball being a euphemism for to make the two-headed beast).
Never heard this phrase; I have always heard “the beast with two backs.”

🤷

I was born and raised in America.

I'm 68 years old.

The FIRST time I EVER read or heard that phrase was here and now.

I was born and raised in America.

I'm 68 years old.

The FIRST time I EVER read or heard that phrase was here and now.
Do they call you ”swami?”

;)

Back
Top Bottom