• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Question about walls and fences

Should everything have a fence or wall?

• Total voters
So you are saying you are fine with Trump lying to you hundreds of times - well that is on this alone. He has lied to you thousands of times.

Just the same, if he actually keeps his promise and Mexico pays for his stupid wall, he can build it a hundred feet high for all I care.

I don't give a damn what Trump says. We need a wall. I don't give a **** who pays for it. In fact, the wall will actually pay for itself in the long run by greatly decreasing the amount of money spent on people who illegally cross the border. But, just to be clear, why don't you go on the record as saying that you are perfectly fine with the wall if Mexico pays for it. Otherwise, you are full of nothing but BS. I bet you dance around the question and don't answer it.

Since insurance companies typically require a fence or wall around a pool, should we extend that requirement to all structures, lakes, forests, and any parcel of land?

Using border wall supporter logic here.

No, walls never even slow a person down. A person can run across a field just as fast with a 30 foot wall as with no wall at all. Just ask any leftwinger and they will tell you that walls and fences are 100% worthless and everyone who has one only does so because they are hate-mongering racists.

All walls and fences should be outlawed. It is absurd to spend anything on walls and fences and the maintenance of them even for prisons when it is a fact that it only would take motion detectors, security cameras and drones. No one would dare cross any line that is being watched by a video camera.

For more reasons why all walls and fences - plus door and window locks - should be banned, use the logic those who oppose a border barrier here.

The point of the poll is to show the absurdity of the premise that just because a fence or wall makes sense in one area does not mean it makes sense everywhere. Example, just because you might want a wall at a border crossing where there is a dense urban area on both sides of a national border, does not mean it makes sense to build a wall across thousands of miles of border those countries might share, much of which is wilderness.

One of the primary arguments against the wall is a lie the Democratic Party repeats. No one has ever proposed a wall the entire length of the Southern border. Nearly the entire distance President Trump proposes actually was already voted for by Pelosi, Schumer and the majority of Democrats, but wasn't completed.

Since insurance companies typically require a fence or wall around a pool, should we extend that requirement to all structures, lakes, forests, and any parcel of land?

Using border wall supporter logic here.

No, walls never even slow a person down. A person can run across a field just as fast with a 30 foot wall as with no wall at all. Just ask any leftwinger and they will tell you that walls and fences are 100% worthless and everyone who has one only does so because they are hate-mongering racists.

All walls and fences should be outlawed. It is absurd to spend anything on walls and fences and the maintenance of them even for prisons when it is a fact that it only would take motion detectors, security cameras and drones. No one would dare cross any line that is being watched by a video camera.

For more reasons why all walls and fences - plus door and window locks - should be banned, use the logic those who oppose a border barrier here.

The overwhelming vote in this poll is that the OP message is absurd. :lamo

One of the primary arguments against the wall is a lie the Democratic Party repeats. No one has ever proposed a wall the entire length of the Southern border. Nearly the entire distance President Trump proposes actually was already voted for by Pelosi, Schumer and the majority of Democrats, but wasn't completed.

Trump actually proposed a wall for the entire border while on the campaign trail. He also promised hundreds of times that Mexico would pay for it. Why do you defend a despicable man that constantly lies to you?

I don't give a damn what Trump says. We need a wall. I don't give a **** who pays for it. In fact, the wall will actually pay for itself in the long run by greatly decreasing the amount of money spent on people who illegally cross the border. But, just to be clear, why don't you go on the record as saying that you are perfectly fine with the wall if Mexico pays for it. Otherwise, you are full of nothing but BS. I bet you dance around the question and don't answer it.

I did go on the record and say that they can build a wall the whole length of the border if Mexico pays for it.

I have read (no link) that if your property has a pool and you fence the pool, you are still liable if someone scales the fence and drowns, the landowner can be liable.......not sure what that has to do with your post, just a thought that occurred.

...and if Precious bites the mail man, you are still liable. Walls against illegal immigration can't be reasonably extended to every facet of life. A wall against illegal border crossing is the best we can do, just like a fence around the pool, or Precious being fenced. We can only try and hope.
Regards,
CP

Back
Top Bottom