• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Question about Conspiracy Theories

Willoughby

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hi this is not a loaded question at all, i am just curious:

Has a conspiracy theory ever come true?

By this is mean has somebody had a great conspiracy theory and then it has completly proven to be correct. By correct i don't mean that there is "proof" on some website somewhere i mean actual events that everybody belives to be true that someone had predicted/talked about in a conspiracy theory

Thanks in advance

Jack X

Willoughby said:

By this is mean has somebody had a great conspiracy theory and then it has completly proven to be correct. By correct i don't mean that there is "proof" on some website somewhere i mean actual events that everybody belives to be true that someone had predicted/talked about in a conspiracy theory

Thanks in advance

Jack X

Yes, the mafia.

Willoughby said:

Thanks in advance

Jack X

There are tons of conspiracy theories that were later proven to be true. All it means is some people start hollaring that something is happening and other people are covering it up.

Now how many times in history has that happened!:rofl

Willoughby said:

Thanks in advance

Jack X

Sure, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe are still alive.
Perhaps even JFK is alive.
Bush plained 9/11
Bush is in cahoots with Bin Laden
Bush did a rain dance on New Orleans and created Katrina.
Bush is listening to your phone conversations.
etc etc etc:roll: :confused: Ridiculous

alphieb said:
Sure, Elvis and Marilyn Monroe are still alive.
Perhaps even JFK is alive.
Bush plained 9/11
Bush is in cahoots with Bin Laden
Bush did a rain dance on New Orleans and created Katrina.
Bush is listening to your phone conversations.
etc etc etc:roll: :confused: Ridiculous

:rofl

I just saw Elvis at the 7-11...

cherokee said:
:rofl

I just saw Elvis at the 7-11...

How is his weight problems these days? Did you get an autograph? Hurry contact the national enquirer.

Mike Ruppert has a decent track record of pointing out future trends. He's not always right, and I don't agree with his philosophy in everything, but after reading his stuff for the last couple years, I've noticed that reality bears an uncanny resemblance to what he was saying long ago.

From the pages of "Political Ideologies Their Origins and Impact 8th ed.," by Leon P. Baradat:

Just as the pluralist must be understood as distinct from elite theorists, care must be taken that the elite theorists are not confused with those who espouse conspiratorial theories. Conspiratorialists are phobic about politics. They believe that someone, usually a small group of unseen people, is secretly and diabolically controlling things from behind the scenes. Among the suspected master manipulators are communists, international bankers, Jews, and satan worshipers. The various militarnt civilian milititia groups around the country that have come to prominence since the 1995 bombing of a federal building in Oklahoma City are deeply embroiled in conspiratorial suspicions. They see the federal government as a sinister culprit, constantly maneuvering to deny innocent patriots their liberties.

In the 1960s, Pulitizer Prize winning historian Richard Hofstadter analyzed the conspiratorial approach to politics, referring to it as the "paranoid style." While Holfstadter concedes in his book, the Paranoid Style in Ameican Politics, that some secret planning accompanies virtually every political movement, the paranoid style imagines a plot of colossal proportions affecting millions and the threatening the very nation itself. Using isolated facts together with a curious leap in imagination to prove to their own satisfaction the existence of the conspiracy, persons asserting the paranoid style mentally catapult from the "undeniable to the unbelievable," as Hofstadter puts it. They are convined that their imagined opponent is totally evil and that their own motives are pure, but often misunderstood. Public rejection of their point of view is often interpreted as persecution, and so their stance becomes increasingly militant as they see their situation becoming more and more hopeless.

The suggestion that the nation, or indeed the world, is controlled by such secret and evil power is frequently found very attractive. It brushes aside the immense complexity of modern politics and substitutes for it a very simple scenario. If people can believe that they are manipulated by unkown uncontrollable forces, they can escape any responsibility for understanding or solving social problems. Politics is thus reduced to a very simple equation. There is a single source of our difficulties, and if only we can get at the source and root it out all will be well.

Yet the very simplicity of such theories makes them suspect. It stretches credulity beyond rational limits to suggest that a few masterminds could, without our knowing it, be pulling the strings that make the rest dance like puppets. No less bizarre is the belief that the federal government has somehow become the tool of megalomaniacs whose mission is to enslave the hapless citizenry. To some people, however, believing in an evil force is preferable to coming to grips with the complexities of reality, and accepting such fantasies represents the ultimate abdication of personal responsibility so necessary to a successful democracy.

Back
Top Bottom