• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Question 8 for Christians

alphamale said:
God has infinite love? Then why would he send people to hell?

Yahweh doesn't send you to hell, you choose to go there. You have a choice to accept Yahweh's gift of redemption and have a relationship with Him or not accept Him.

Prophetxxx said:
Yahweh doesn't send you to hell, you choose to go there. You have a choice to accept Yahweh's gift of redemption and have a relationship with Him or not accept Him.

So you have the chance to obey a dictator or get sent to his gulag.

Rowan said:

exactly...how is that freedom of choice.

also, why cna't god just make choosing the right path as simple as possible. Why everyone would choose the path to eternal bliss, if it were made obvious that such a path exists. The fact that there rae multiple religions, and even multiple denominations of christianity, shows that god has made it very confusing.

Of course , no matter what religion you are, those who don't believe the way you do are certainly going to hell.

dogger807 said:
Of course , no matter what religion you are, those who don't believe the way you do are certainly going to hell.

yup. everyone goes to hell by the majority of everyone's opinion.

"God has infinite love? Then why would he send people to hell?"

God does not send anyone to hell........they choose hell for themselves. People choose either to worship and accept Him and secure their salvation, or deny Him and forfeit salvation. God wants us all to be saved and to know His truth. But...He doesnt force Himself on anyone and allows people to reject Him. EAch one of us have a free will.

In Deuteronomy 30:19 God tells the Israelites,
"I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live" That is the choice before us: the blessing or the curse, life or death, God's love or God's wrath."

Jesus said, "...unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24) and "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life". (John 5:24)

He makes it very plain what happens if you accept Him and if you reject Him. He doesn't make that decision, you do. And you only have yourself to blame and pay the consequence.

"Anyone whose name is not found in the "book of life" is thrown into the lake of fire" (Rev. 20:15).

Star said, "yup. everyone goes to hell by the majority of everyone's opinion."

There is only one sin that keeps you from heaven.....

Not accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour.

"I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God... unless a man is born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God (John 3:3,5)."

"Someone asked, 'Lord, will only a few be saved?' Jesus answered, 'Make every effort to enter through the narrow gate, because I tell you this: many will try to enter but will not be able to... For narrow is the gate, and narrow is the path which leads to Life, and few will find it (Luke 13:23,24; Matthew 7:14).'"

We enter the gate in a moment, but we walk the path over time.

"The disciples came to Jesus and wanted to know, 'Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?' So Jesus called a little child and had him stand in the midst of them. And then He said, 'I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like this little child, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven. So the greatest one in the Kingdom of Heaven is the one who humbles himself like this child (Matthew 18:1-4).'"

Jesus loved children....they do not ask questions they obey. It is easy for a child to say "Yes Lord".........as adults we question everything. And because some question and fail to get it.....they never enter through the gate.

doughgirl said:
There is only one sin that keeps you from heaven.....

Not accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour.

"Someone asked, 'Lord, will only a few be saved?' Jesus answered, 'Make every effort to enter through the narrow gate, because I tell you this: many will try to enter but will not be able to... For narrow is the gate, and narrow is the path which leads to Life, and few will find it (Luke 13:23,24; Matthew 7:14).'"

We enter the gate in a moment, but we walk the path over time.

Jesus loved children....they do not ask questions they obey. It is easy for a child to say "Yes Lord".........as adults we question everything. And because some question and fail to get it.....they never enter through the gate.

as far as I'm concerned, there is no hell, and the bible is based off of something that is not true, where it isnt directly lying.

Rowan said:

:rofl Yep, that's about what it boils down too.

doughgirl said:
God does not send anyone to hell........they choose hell for themselves. People choose either to worship and accept Him and secure their salvation, or deny Him and forfeit salvation. God wants us all to be saved and to know His truth. But...He doesnt force Himself on anyone and allows people to reject Him. EAch one of us have a free will.

Yep. Believe in me and do what I say, or be damned for all eternity. Sorry, but if that isn't trying to force someone, I don't know what is.

It doesn't matter what else you do, or how you live your life. If you don't believe in him, you are screwed.

It really makes you feel sorry for those who aren't lucky enough to be born in a place where they are taught Christianity, those who are born where they are taught a different religion.

But, those taught another religion know that you are equally damned because you don't follow the right religion (theirs).

Tell me, what is it that makes your beliefs any more valid that anyone elses's?

star2589 said:
as far as I'm concerned, there is no hell, and the bible is based off of something that is not true, where it isnt directly lying.
Awww... Thats the beauty of the free will... You don't have to believe/accept that of others... The truth of the bible... The rewards of heaven... And no, not even the reality of hell... Still, won't make it any less hotter when you get there..:2razz:

Apostle13 said:
Awww... Thats the beauty of the free will... You don't have to believe/accept that of others... The truth of the bible... The rewards of heaven... And no, not even the reality of hell... Still, won't make it any less hotter when you get there..:2razz:

and you have the free will to believe in an afterlife. wont make it any less empty when you get there. :mrgreen:

The Bible was written by over 40 men over a period of 1500 years. These men came from different backgrounds and locations (three different continents) and they spoke different languages. Many controversial subjects are talked about in the bible but the central theme is Gods salvation for us. (John 14:16) Not one book could stand without the others, they are one unit. And every one of these writers came to the same conclusions and their message had unity.

If you found 10 people from around your area having similar backgrounds who all speak the same language, and have the same culture…then separated them and asked them to write their opinion on “the meaning of life”…..and you compared their writings would they all agree with each other? No. I highly doubt it. But every writer in the Bible over the period of 1500 years with different cultures and education levels, from three continents, three languages….hundreds of subjects…… were in complete unity in what they said and what they were inspired to write. I doubt this happened by mere coincidences.

Look further into the witness of history and archeology, and especially about the lives changed throughout time. Read about the Dead Sea Scrolls. Also examine prophecy that has come true. There are literally hundreds of prophecies which predicted future events that came true.

Are you 100% positive there is no hell? Can you prove there is no hell?

doughgirl said:
If you found 10 people from around your area having similar backgrounds who all speak the same language, and have the same culture…then separated them and asked them to write their opinion on “the meaning of life”…..and you compared their writings would they all agree with each other? No. I highly doubt it. But every writer in the Bible over the period of 1500 years with different cultures and education levels, from three continents, three languages….hundreds of subjects…… were in complete unity in what they said and what they were inspired to write. I doubt this happened by mere coincidences.

the bibles messeges arent that similar if you ask me. especially between the new testament and the old testament. I dont think the similarities in the bible are any greater then what would be expected if you asked people of the same religion and similar backgrounds to explain god.

doughgirl said:

nope, but i'm not going to waste my life worrying about something which I have no reason to believe exists, especially when there's no way of knowing how to avoid it anyway.

doughgirl said:
The Bible was written by over 40 men over a period of 1500 years. These men came from different backgrounds and locations (three different continents) and they spoke different languages. Many controversial subjects are talked about in the bible but the central theme is Gods salvation for us. (John 14:16) Not one book could stand without the others, they are one unit. And every one of these writers came to the same conclusions and their message had unity.

None of the people who wrote about Jesus were witnesses to him (Paul is questionable?). In fact, all the Gospels are written decades after his death. And Jesus never told his disciples to copy his words, hell I don't even know if they were literate. By the time they were written, do you really think the people that were'nt there could remember word for word exactly what Jesus said and did? Or maybe the Gospels are part plagerism from Pagan myths and part imagination.

O, so tiring. The Gospels are full of contradictions. The writer's weren't in synch at all. For example they all differ on the genealogy of Jesus, whether or not he assended to heaven, who carried his cross to Potter's field, the inscription on his cross when he was crucified, that he was born a virgin, time of the crucification, how many women were there, the events that followed, his burying, the time of the ressurection, the people who came to the tomb, and Matthew is the only one that claims a guard of the tomb was paid off.

Look further into the witness of history and archeology, and especially about the lives changed throughout time. Read about the Dead Sea Scrolls. Also examine prophecy that has come true. There are literally hundreds of prophecies which predicted future events that came true.

Ha, the Dead Sea Scrolls do not even mention the carpenter. They are just proof that the Hebrews kept good records and were literate.

Are you 100% positive there is no hell?

Of course not, that's silly.

Can you prove there is no hell?

I don't have to. Until you go there with a camera and a thermometer to prove its hot, and show me pics, I'll be a doubting Thomas.:lol:

Last edited:
whats with the whole free will argument?

christians say that the reason there is suffering in life, is so that we can have free will. there is no alternative.

so what does that say about heaven? in heaven, no one has any free will?

if free will is such a great thing in life, why not in the afterlife?

doughgirl said:

Have you ever heard of the Apocrypha? Books and gospels that were left out of the Bible by the Nicaean commission when they compiled the books and stories to be included in the Bible. Many of them were books that didn't fit in with what the commission felt the Bible's message was.

There was no unity, there was a major editing process that was used.

doughgirl said:

What prophecies that have come true? The only ones of which I'm aware are ones that the Bible says came.

doughgirl said:

Quite the reverse. I can prove that there is a Hell:

HellMap.jpg

It in Michigan! :lol:

MrFungus420 said:
Quite the reverse. I can prove that there is a Hell:

HellMap.jpg

It in Michigan! :lol:
lol... Ironically Jerusalem is just south there on that map... Maybe we Christians got it all bass akwards.

I graduated from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo...........and yes I have walked to Hell....Michigan.

It's very near "CLIMAX" Michigan !!!!! :rofl

alphamale said:
God has infinite love? Then why would he send people to hell?
We send ourselves to hell, and, as I said elsewhere, no one stays there eternally.

Jerry said:
We send ourselves to hell, and, as I said elsewhere, no one stays there eternally.

:rofl So, God has no hand in it? And it's not eternal, do you have proof? People have escaped from it and told you about it?

kal-el said:
:rofl So, God has no hand in it? And it's not eternal, do you have proof? People have escaped from it and told you about it?
You seek to persecute, not to learn. I'll not be answering your posts because of that.

Back
Top Bottom