• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

`Queen of Muslim bashers’ at center of N.Y. mosque debate

hazlnut

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

I had heard about the Long Island hag who started this whole thing and here's an excellent right up about her.

(RNS) By some accounts, the heated opposition to the so-called Ground Zero mosque has been drummed up by a telegenic blogger with a strong New York accent and even stronger opinions.

Pamela Geller, a Long Island native who writes the blog “Atlas Shrugs,” said she was the “quintessential New York City career girl,” before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Since then, she has co-founded groups dedicated to fighting the “Islamization” of America, sponsored anti-Muslim ads in several cities, and, more recently, become a near daily presence on television news programs.

Thankfully, it seems her 15-minutes are almost up. I love her quote at the end:

“I have nothing against Muslims. I love people,” she said. “But I am opposed to ideology that inspires violence.”

:confused::confused:

I'm not even sure Buddhism gets a pass on that one, honey.

What an ignorant c-word.

I stumbled on an article about this creature only yesterday! It seems she often decorates her blog with a pic of herself in "her burka". It is a picture of her in a swimming pool, wearing a rather modest bikini. The irony of her conforming to societal mores on covering the body, while criticising others for precisely the same action obviously passed her by.

I stumbled on an article about this creature only yesterday! It seems she often decorates her blog with a pic of herself in "her burka". It is a picture of her in a swimming pool, wearing a rather modest bikini. The irony of her conforming to societal mores on covering the body, while criticising others for precisely the same action obviously passed her by.

I think that swim suit is covering something else. (a spare tire)

I think that swim suit is covering something else. (a spare tire)

bigtire.jpg

I had heard about the Long Island hag who started this whole thing and here's an excellent right up about her.

Thankfully, it seems her 15-minutes are almost up. I love her quote at the end:

:confused::confused:

I'm not even sure Buddhism gets a pass on that one, honey.

What an ignorant c-word.

First you call her a hag. Then an ignorant c-word. What an unbiased post. Just exactly what has she done to earn that kind of irrational wrath?

........"with a strong New York accent"

So your article complains about prejudice while engaged in such a thinly veiled appeal to such.

First you call her a hag. Then an ignorant c-word. What an unbiased post. Just exactly what has she done to earn that kind of irrational wrath?

Opened her stupid pie-hole spewing lies and half-truths all over her stupid blog.

She's a bigoted Long Island twit.

She's pissed on the constitution and ginned up a controversy bases on falsehoods.

Opened her stupid pie-hole spewing lies and half-truths all over her stupid blog.

She's pissed on the constitution and ginned up a controversy bases on falsehoods.
You criticize her because she spews insults at Muslims, yet you throw insults at her. How do you not see the humor in this?

Do you think that the beliefs and viewpoint you have are somehow superior to hers?

People who make up words like "Islamization" usually don't get my attention. If you want to sound academic then read a book and join a real debate.

And presumably, you by using such language, hope to pursuade by reason of your argument, that your opinion should hold sway over anyone else's?

And presumably, you by using such language, hope to pursuade by reason of your argument, that your opinion should hold sway over anyone else's?

When you hear some of the vile crap that comes out of her mouth... I don't know how else to react.

IMO - She represents a very ugly and backwards version of America.

Her blog is the moral equivalent of the Nazi articles, pamphlets and films that spoke to the Germans about the "Jewish Question". She spreads hate and intolerance with misinformation and falsehoods. Her message and those that follow her are of great concern to me. She has been successful in corrupting our National Character.

If my language and imagery offends, I apologize, but my initial gut reaction to her is revulsion.

While I understand the raw sensitivity regarding ground zero -- the values and principles in our Constitution represent the truest and best American ideals.

The message we should be sending to the Muslim world is one of forgiveness. That is powerful thing. To say to the Islamic extremists, "Not only can you not destroy our cities, not break our spirit, you will NEVER corrupt our values. WE REFUSE TO BECOME LIKE YOU! We will not let you turn us into vile hateful monsters.

But with this ugly, vulgar woman and her blog, they can grin and see one tiny victory in corrupting us.

The Cultural Center needs to go up and be embraced and visited by the 9/11 victims' families. Think of what a powerful message that would be to the Muslim world. That is how we win.

You're right, people like her bring out the worst in me. And to the extent the muslim world sees her as a representation of American values, she has done great damage to our National image.

When you hear some of the vile crap that comes out of her mouth... I don't know how else to react.

IMO - She represents a very ugly and backwards version of America.

Her blog is the moral equivalent of the Nazi articles, pamphlets and films that spoke to the Germans about the "Jewish Question". She spreads hate and intolerance with misinformation and falsehoods. Her message and those that follow her are of great concern to me. She has been successful in corrupting our National Character.

If my language and imagery offends, I apologize, but my initial gut reaction to her is revulsion.

While I understand the raw sensitivity regarding ground zero -- the values and principles in our Constitution represent the truest and best American ideals.

The message we should be sending to the Muslim world is one of forgiveness. That is powerful thing. To say to the Islamic extremists, "Not only can you not destroy our cities, not break our spirit, you will NEVER corrupt our values. WE REFUSE TO BECOME LIKE YOU! We will not let you turn us into vile hateful monsters.

But with this ugly, vulgar woman and her blog, they can grin and see one tiny victory in corrupting us.

The Cultural Center needs to go up and be embraced and visited by the 9/11 victims' families. Think of what a powerful message that would be to the Muslim world. That is how we win.

You're right, people like her bring out the worst in me. And to the extent the muslim world sees her as a representation of American values, she has done great damage to our National image.

I see many others who have in the past and now in the present have or are damaging America to a far worse degree than this lady.

Well, she's been hate-mongering against Muslims, rather successfully and lucratively, for the past several years. :shrug:

I see many others who have in the past and now in the present have or are damaging America to a far worse degree than this lady.

Great, start a thread about them. This thread already has a topic.

Why not have intollerant Muslim Imam's, like Rauf, Al'Majid (New Orleans), Al'Roudmush (Miami) and a host of HAMAS/HEZBOLLAH-supporting Imam's go to Chelsea and step foot inside a gay bar?

Would that not show ISLAM'S TOLERANCE to homosexuality?

I would take them to "G-Spot", and other clubs in New York. They could see the d---k dancers, drag queens and "other unclean"
in our community.

Hmm....

No. They cant do that.

See, Islam calls homosexuality "perverted and unclean."

Imam Rauf would never do that ... nor would the other 350 radical, anti-Semitic, homophobic Imam's in the U.S.

I see now.

WE must show tolerance but they dont have to.

I see.

Why not have intollerant Muslim Imam's, like Rauf, Al'Majid (New Orleans), Al'Roudmush (Miami) and a host of HAMAS/HEZBOLLAH-supporting Imam's go to Chelsea and step foot inside a gay bar?

Would that not show ISLAM'S TOLERANCE to homosexuality?

I would take them to "G-Spot", and other clubs in New York. They could see the d---k dancers, drag queens and "other unclean"
in our community.

Face it, those younger religions like Christianity and Islam don't like the gays. Have you tried Judaism?

I remember meeting an Imam in Dallas last year.

He refused to shake my hand at Starbucks because I am "unclean" (homosexual). In the interest of full disclosure I was wearing a Dallas 2009 Gay Pride t-shirt, for which I was attending a pool party later that day with several members of the Pride Committee.

Although we had a very civil discussion (albeit icy) about Islam and Homosexuality at the coffee shop I asked him at the end of conversation if he would have spoken to me in a coffee shop in Saudi Arabia.

His answer: "No, because you would not exist."

Translation: I would be dead.

Islam = death to gays.

It is pretty clear to me what Sharia Law means, what Islam's intentions are, and like Adolf Hitler's murder of gays and lesbians during WWII, I am under no illusions of what these people will do if they gain power in the United States.

It is pretty clear to me what Sharia Law means, what Islam's intentions are, and like Adolf Hitler's murder of gays and lesbians during WWII, I am under no illusions of what these people will do if they gain power in the United States.[/COLOR]

Chill out, over the next decade DOMA will be repealed and all state laws banning gay marriage will be thrown out.

Muslims will never have the type of power in the U.S. that you're talking about.

Muslims will never have the type of power in the U.S. that you're talking about

Says who?

You?

A "moderate" blogger? What do you know about Islamic terrorism? Did you lose a loved one in the Twin Towers?

Have you had someone beheaded, executed, shot, strangled or stoned to death?

How do you know what the Islamic Society of North America is up to? You have friends there?

Of course you dont. YOU DONT KNOW.

NONE of you on this forum knows, especially the kool-aid drinking Obamunista's.

Sharia Law "compliance" now has future lawsuits set up for Michigan, Indian, New York, California and Texas and is nothing more that an assault on civil liberties. But we can't stop it because our 'Tard in Chief is sympathetic to extreme Islam.

And our public 'Tards (those of you that voted for this swine) will allow it to happen.

When they came for the Jews in Germany .... it was public 'tards such as yourself that stood by and said, "it cant happen."

Liberals are the Modern Day Kapos of extreme Islamofascism.

Last edited:
Muslims will never have the type of power in the U.S. that you're talking about

Says who?

You?

Yes -- and every other reasonable thinking person.

Liberals are the Modern Day Kapos of extreme Islamofascism.

You're POV doesn't seem grounded in reality. Not sure how to reply as the world you're seeing seems quite different from the rest of us.

let's see.....she thinks obama is the bastard son of malcolm x, that he used to screw a crack whore, that obama is a muslim, that his mother posed for nude pictures taken by frank marshall......what else? she's a ****.

Back
Top Bottom