• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Quail egg breakfast

Bootlace

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
We raise quail for eggs and meat. Decided to try making something I seen on a food show.

Took a mini muffin tray and lined a dozen of the pockets with prosciutto (like a cupcake paper), cracked and put raw quail egg in each pocket, then I did 6 with a fresh piece of basil topped with a thin slice of tomato, 6 got a sliver of Jalepeno topped with home grown salsa, then bake until edges of prosciutto get a little crisp looking then I removed from oven, gave all a sprinkle of sharp cheddar and small dollop of sour cream. Freaking awesome finger food.

Our Fourth of July party I'm going to make some for beer snacks.

Ive only ever seen pickled quail eggs around here.
Would love to try that, have done something similar with bacon and regular eggs in normal muffin tray though

Ive only ever seen pickled quail eggs around here.
Would love to try that, have done something similar with bacon and regular eggs in normal muffin tray though

We always have an abundance of quail eggs. Once they have been in the fridge for a week they get pickled.

We raise quail for eggs and meat. Decided to try making something I seen on a food show.

Took a mini muffin tray and lined a dozen of the pockets with prosciutto (like a cupcake paper), cracked and put raw quail egg in each pocket, then I did 6 with a fresh piece of basil topped with a thin slice of tomato, 6 got a sliver of Jalepeno topped with home grown salsa, then bake until edges of prosciutto get a little crisp looking then I removed from oven, gave all a sprinkle of sharp cheddar and small dollop of sour cream. Freaking awesome finger food.

Our Fourth of July party I'm going to make some for beer snacks.

Quail eggs are awesome, just always too small. I tried to make an omolette once out of them, after like 15 eggs I gave up. Quail eggs though are perfect snack size for being hard boiled, duck and goose eggs make better baking additives, makes cakes fluffier, and chicken eggs are the inferior mass produced egg.

I have actually thought about raising quail for eggs, they sell for alot here and I could make a killing at the farmers market.

Back
Top Bottom