• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Qandeel Baloch, ‘Pakistan’s Kim Kardashian,’ Is Killed

Celebrity

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This article talks about changing men's behavior toward women in Pakistan. After the death of this social media icon who gained a fan base over the past few years, thanks to her resemblance to one of the Kardashians, some fans are surely wondering why she had to be killed. From what I understand, she was a bit like the Youtube DIY stars we see garnering so much attention online, but she happened to live in a country where here behavior was deemed unacceptable.

We should stop violence toward men and women, and especially focus on defending our citizens from attacks like this. Women who live in Pakistan face a different type of threat than women who live in the US, even though Australian women are more likely to be abducted than Australian men. In "first world" countries, we can expect to see crime. Why do men choose to commit violent crimes against women in third or second world countries, as compared to first world countries?
Ms. Baloch would probably have lived longer if laws in Pakistan punished men who employ violence toward women. She was a young ambitious woman who would have seen her dreams materialize if men around her respected her personal choices and refrained from judging her.
Women should not be required to apologize how they behave, what they wear or who they choose to marry.

Women in Pakistan have demonstrated extraordinary courage in recent years by standing up for their rights and to help fellow women. Malala Yousafzai, the teenage education activist, stood up against the Taliban when they were stopping girls from getting education and destroying their schools. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy, a two-time Emmy winner documentary moviemaker, used the power of films to tell the stories of women who had faced acid attacks and, more recently, the issue of honor killing. Threatened by the impact of these women’s remarkable work, powerful men regularly discredit these woman of change by calling them “foreign agents” who are allegedly motivated to tarnish “our national honor” to please “their western masters.”
Qandeel Baloch, 'Pakistan's Kim Kardashian,' Is Killed

Last edited:
This article talks about changing men's behavior toward women in Pakistan. After the death of this social media icon who gained a fan base over the past few years, thanks to her resemblance to one of the Kardashians, some fans are surely wondering why she had to be killed. From what I understand, she was a bit like the Youtube DIY stars we see garnering so much attention online, but she happened to live in a country where here behavior was deemed unacceptable.

We should stop violence toward men and women, and especially focus on defending our citizens from attacks like this. Women who live in Pakistan face a different type of threat than women who live in the US, even though Australian women are more likely to be abducted than Australian men. In "first world" countries, we can expect to see crime. Why do men choose to commit violent crimes against women in third or second world countries, as compared to first world countries?

Qandeel Baloch, 'Pakistan's Kim Kardashian,' Is Killed

Wife and I read about this over the weekend. Sad. Apparently freedom of expression is far from a universal concept.

Another 'honor' killing. According to Pakistan's independent Human Rights Commission, ~1,100 women were killed in Pakistan last year by relatives who believed they had dishonored their families. 800 either successful or attempted suicide attempts of women who were threatened with honor-violence. There are few statistics for violence against women such as acid attacks. It is universally accepted that honor-violence crimes in Pakistan are woefully under-reported.

I think it's time we embraced autonomy and freedom of expression as a human right, right here in America.

Last time I looked, we have not only embraced it here in the USA since the Constitution was ratified with the Bill of Rights attached, but hundreds of thousands of military, police, and civilians have died (some of which were related to me, and some were personal friends) as well millions that have sustained permanent physical injury (like me) protecting it as a right for all to enjoy and preserve. Not sure which "America" you're referring to - maybe Central or South America?

If you're over the age of 18, and you feel that you do not have autonomy and freedom of expression as a natural right (you called it a human right) within the United States of America then you need to report whomever is oppressing your rights so we as a society can correct that immediately.

Last time I looked, we have not only embraced it here in the USA since the Constitution was ratified with the Bill of Rights attached, but hundreds of thousands of military, police, and civilians have died (some of which were related to me, and some were personal friends) as well millions that have sustained permanent physical injury (like me) protecting it as a right for all to enjoy and preserve. Not sure which "America" you're referring to - maybe Central or South America?

If you're over the age of 18, and you feel that you do not have autonomy and freedom of expression as a natural right (you called it a human right) within the United States of America then you need to report whomever is oppressing your rights so we as a society can correct that immediately.

I'm one step ahead of you, mate. They say I should get a lawyer. I'm not going to get a lawyer.

Simpleχity;1066096224 said:
Another 'honor' killing. According to Pakistan's independent Human Rights Commission, ~1,100 women were killed in Pakistan last year by relatives who believed they had dishonored their families. 800 either successful or attempted suicide attempts of women who were threatened with honor-violence. There are few statistics for violence against women such as acid attacks. It is universally accepted that honor-violence crimes in Pakistan are woefully under-reported.

Not only a Muslim problem. But they do commit the vast majority of them. The reason they are not reported is because Sharia does not punish the killer. And that the government is intimidated by that fact.

We should take the SOB out with a drone.

And the murder of this young woman doesn't appear to be of much interest, sadly.

When you realize what goes unnoticed by the world, even when publicized as this is, it is extremely disheartening and concerns me regarding the long term future of the human race.

Can we send the real Kim Kardashian to Pakistan?

When you realize what goes unnoticed by the world, even when publicized as this is, it is extremely disheartening and concerns me regarding the long term future of the human race.

Sigh, I'd like to think that the world recognizes this as the human rights violation it is. But decide for yourself whether not noticing or trivializing, as the post below yours does, is worse.

Back
Top Bottom