• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putins Russia now a force in the Middle East

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Israel must now persuade Russia, to draw the line at providing weapons to its allies that would undermine Israel’s security.

President Barack Obama’s abysmal failure to provide leadership during the Syrian crisis represents a turning point in the Middle East and has paved the way for President Vladimir Putin’s Russia to emerge as the dominant regional force, a position it had surrendered after the breakup of the Soviet Union.

To avert abject humiliation, Obama has absurdly spun the situation into a victory achieved by the American threat of military force. Instead, it was Putin who played the role of international statesman and masterminded a watershed moment for the Middle East, in which Russia effectively supplanted the US as world leader.

http://www.freerepublic.com/tag/russia/index

Israel must now persuade Russia, to draw the line at providing weapons to its allies that would undermine Israel’s security.

President Barack Obama’s abysmal failure to provide leadership during the Syrian crisis represents a turning point in the Middle East and has paved the way for President Vladimir Putin’s Russia to emerge as the dominant regional force, a position it had surrendered after the breakup of the Soviet Union.

To avert abject humiliation, Obama has absurdly spun the situation into a victory achieved by the American threat of military force. Instead, it was Putin who played the role of international statesman and masterminded a watershed moment for the Middle East, in which Russia effectively supplanted the US as world leader.

Keyword: russia

Free Republic?

Russia didn't supplant the US as a world leader..

Syria and Iran have always been in Russia's sphere of influence.

Look at the oil corridor..

Free Republic?

Russia didn't supplant the US as a world leader..

Syria and Iran have always been in Russia's sphere of influence.

Look at the oil corridor..

Free Republic quoting the J-Post which said by the way, that Russia is now "a force" in the ME, not "thee force" in the ME. Don't twist things.

paved the way for President Vladimir Putin’s Russia to emerge as the dominant regional force

Obama Derangement syndrome can have crippling effects on peoples critical thinking skills.

While Obama is a weak leader... in no way has Russia become the regions "dominant regional force" by supplying weapons to a dictator that cannot control half his country...

Russia has always supplied weapons to Syria, so nothing has changed in that regard.

Gotta love these people who love to gloat about American exceptionalism... meaning Ginsberg can't even talk about a foreign constitution, Obama can't show respect to a foreign head of state etc.

But they get to sing the praises of a former KGB agent.

:doh

Free Republic quoting the J-Post which said by the way, that Russia is now "a force" in the ME, not "thee force" in the ME. Don't twist things.

Don't believe everything you read.

Russia has always been "a force" in the ME.

Obama Derangement syndrome can have crippling effects on peoples critical thinking skills.

For some it's Obama derangement syndrome, for others it's US derangement syndrome.

For some it's Obama derangement syndrome, for others it's US derangement syndrome.

But for most, it's known as reality.

Maybe in the Conspiracy Theory subforum.

lx523654d8.jpg

shaw_oil_corridor1.gif

This should be a strong visual on how important Iran is for oil and gas from the Caspian and the Stans to the Persian Gulf and points East.

The rhetoric from Iran is changing...

While Obama is a weak leader... in no way has Russia become the regions "dominant regional force" by supplying weapons to a dictator that cannot control half his country...

Russia has always supplied weapons to Syria, so nothing has changed in that regard.

Gotta love these people who love to gloat about American exceptionalism... meaning Ginsberg can't even talk about a foreign constitution, Obama can't show respect to a foreign head of state etc.

But they get to sing the praises of a former KGB agent.

:doh

American exceptionalism??

First it wasn't a force, and now it is a force. Maybe you should be chastising the Jerusalem Post.

shaw_oil_corridor1.gif

This should be a strong visual on how important Iran is for oil and gas from the Caspian and the Stans to the Persian Gulf and points East.

The rhetoric from Iran is changing...

Inspite of the pundits I am not sure this is a huge problem between Obama and Putin.

Inspite of the pundits I am not sure this is a huge problem between Obama and Putin.

Actually, this clearly defines why there is so much hostility towards Iran from the USA. They're parked right on top of Exxon/Mobil and Chevron and BP oil deposits. Why, the nerve of those miscreants. Big Oil ain't gettin' no drillin', transportin', refining', shippin', or retail fees from any o' that. Buy a dozen Congressmen and then have a big shoot em' up there in Iran to get those fields in the Western distribution network and banking empire. Make sure they be sellin' that OIL in USDollars, not pesos or rnbs or yuan, eh?

Actually, this clearly defines why there is so much hostility towards Iran from the USA. They're parked right on top of Exxon/Mobil and Chevron and BP oil deposits. Why, the nerve of those miscreants. Big Oil ain't gettin' no drillin', transportin', refining', shippin', or retail fees from any o' that. Buy a dozen Congressmen and then have a big shoot em' up there in Iran to get those fields in the Western distribution network and banking empire. Make sure they be sellin' that OIL in USDollars, not pesos or rnbs or yuan, eh?

Look at the oil corridor.. Iran is the best route to move gas and oil from the Caspian and the Stans to the Persian Gulf and East.

The rhetoric from Iran is changing.. Their production is down and they want to boost it by 70%.. Sanctions have been hard on them..

If Iran can come to the table and resume trade with the EU.. that would be good for both.

Excerpt

SYRIA'S OIL AND GAS SECTOR

* Syria has not exported any oil since late 2011, when international sanctions came into force.

* "Syria is not a major oil producer (as was Libya), nor is it a major transit point for oil and gas exports (as is Egypt)," said Julian Jessop, head of commodities research at Capital Economics.

"Instead the concern is the risk that Western intervention in Syria could prompt a wider regional conflict, given the support that Iran has provided to the regime of (President Bashar al-) Assad," he added.

* Prior to the sanctions Syria produced 370,000 barrels per day (bpd), roughly 0.4 percent of global supplies, and exported less than 150,000 bpd, mainly to Europe. The major oil companies working there before the sanctions were Royal Dutch Shell and Total.

* Syria's current production is estimated at just 50,000 bpd, all of which is refined domestically.

* It is short of oil products and is forced to import them from abroad. Sales of oil products to Syria are still allowed, although most traders have refrained from doing business there. It has been forced to resort to help from strategic ally Iran.

Factbox: Why small producer Syria matters to oil markets | Reuters

Your post twists things... your post says Russia is now the regional power and has effectively supplanted as world leader.

Russia is not the regional power, it first snarled, declaring it would 'defend' Syria and now is leading the way to strip it of chemical weapons.

Russia is lead by a man who spent his life being a sneak and thief, not a military leader. He caved at the thought of a real confrontation.

The Russian navy is no match for the US Navy much less capable of bullying us out of any blue water.

It is a strange new world we live in where USofA CONs sound like Cold War Commies.... Who knew the 5th column would be CONs... :doh

Russia has long been a force in the ME and they have close ties with Israel, too.

On 6 September 2010, Russia and Israel signed a five year military agreement.[15][16] In October 2010, Israeli Aerospace Industries signed a $400 million agreement to sell Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)s to Russia. The drones will be assembled in Russia.

Israel signs $400 million deal to sell spy drones to Russia Israel News | Haaretz

Israel

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Don't believe anything that you read at the freerepublic.com website.

Last edited:
Your post twists things... your post says Russia is now the regional power and has effectively supplanted as world leader.

Russia is not the regional power, it first snarled, declaring it would 'defend' Syria and now is leading the way to strip it of chemical weapons.

Russia is lead by a man who spent his life being a sneak and thief, not a military leader. He caved at the thought of a real confrontation.

The Russian navy is no match for the US Navy much less capable of bullying us out of any blue water.

It is a strange new world we live in where USofA CONs sound like Cold War Commies.... Who knew the 5th column would be CONs... :doh

Sorry, but my post says no such thing. If you take issue with the post, then your issue is with the Jerusalem Post that ran the story. As for Russia, they are defending Syria and confiscating their chemical weapons is an important way of doing just that, I'm not sure how that escapes you. Your the only one that thinks Putin has caved or capitulated, lmao!

I'm unaware of anybody stating that the Russian navy could oppose the US navy, yet.

Russia has long been a force in the ME and they have close ties with Israel, too.

On 6 September 2010, Russia and Israel signed a five year military agreement.[15][16] In October 2010, Israeli Aerospace Industries signed a $400 million agreement to sell Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV)s to Russia. The drones will be assembled in Russia.

Israel signs $400 million deal to sell spy drones to Russia Israel News | Haaretz

Israel

I have no disagreement with you on that.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Don't believe anything that you read at the freerepublic.com website.

J-Post too, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom