• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin's Massive Rally and its Meaning.

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

The war has entered a new and perhaps more dangerous phase, the outcome of which remains uncertain. I noted, in another thread on "Kremlinology - new insights", that Putin has increased the rhetoric and fear mongering over biological and chemical weapons.

"In Wednesday speech, Putin repeatedly alleged that the West was using Ukraine to make and stockpile biological and chemical weapons — and even, potentially, nuclear weapons — for use against Russia. The increased emphasis on this in recent days usually signals that Russia itself intends to take these measures, shifting blame for such a step on the enemy instead of Russia. This may be his plan."

Putin' spoke today in a "massive" rally that filled the Luzhniki soccer stadium, it being the anniversary of the annexation of Crimea. On stage, he promised to tens of thousands waving Russian flags and chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia" that the Kremlin's aims would be achieved....on a stage decked with slogans like "For a world without Nazism" and "For our President.". Many slogans also used the Z symbol as a motif.

Moscow police claimed more than 200,000 people were in and around the Luzhniki stadium.

Putin continued to call it a “special military operation” and said “Shoulder to shoulder, they help each other, support each other, and when needed they shield each other from bullets with their bodies like brothers. Such unity we have not had for a long time,” Putin said.

Putin says the operation in Ukraine was necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia, and Russia had to defend against the “genocide” of Russian-speaking people by Ukraine.

Aside from the national anthem the band Lyube sang patriotic songs about war, sacrifice, and to honor those heroes fighting for Russia. And, pan-slavist poet Fyrodor Tyutchev recited verses that they would be considered slaves to the Enlightenment.

By all accounts, the crowd went wild and swallowed the bunk whole.

What are we to make of this madness?

First, it is distilled Nazi ideology. The core of Slavic Civilization and its Russian Slavic race will be wiped out by genocide by Ukraine or slavery to the enlightenment.

Second, those who oppose their war support Nazi'ism.

Finally, it our country so right or wrong, we must win to survive. And, I think, that may be a pretext for chemical warfare.

What do you think?

The war has entered a new and perhaps more dangerous phase, the outcome of which remains uncertain. I noted, in another thread on "Kremlinology - new insights", that Putin has increased the rhetoric and fear mongering over biological and chemical weapons.

"In Wednesday speech, Putin repeatedly alleged that the West was using Ukraine to make and stockpile biological and chemical weapons — and even, potentially, nuclear weapons — for use against Russia. The increased emphasis on this in recent days usually signals that Russia itself intends to take these measures, shifting blame for such a step on the enemy instead of Russia. This may be his plan."

Putin' spoke today in a "massive" rally that filled the Luzhniki soccer stadium, it being the anniversary of the annexation of Crimea. On stage, he promised to tens of thousands waving Russian flags and chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia" that the Kremlin's aims would be achieved....on a stage decked with slogans like "For a world without Nazism" and "For our President.". Many slogans also used the Z symbol as a motif.

Moscow police claimed more than 200,000 people were in and around the Luzhniki stadium.

Putin continued to call it a “special military operation” and said “Shoulder to shoulder, they help each other, support each other, and when needed they shield each other from bullets with their bodies like brothers. Such unity we have not had for a long time,” Putin said.

Putin says the operation in Ukraine was necessary because the United States was using Ukraine to threaten Russia, and Russia had to defend against the “genocide” of Russian-speaking people by Ukraine.

Aside from the national anthem the band Lyube sang patriotic songs about war, sacrifice, and to honor those heroes fighting for Russia. And, pan-slavist poet Fyrodor Tyutchev recited verses that they would be considered slaves to the Enlightenment.

First, it is distilled Nazi ideology. The core of Slavic Civilization and its Russian Slavic race will be wiped out by genocide by Ukraine or slavery to the enlightenment.

Second, those who oppose their war support Nazi'ism.

Finally, it our country so right or wrong, we must win to survive. And, I think, that may be a pretext for chemical warfare.

What do you think?
I think Putin decided to accept in the West of Ukraine what he didn’t want to accept in the East.

That’s a border with NATO. He just moved towards them instead of waiting for them to come to his border. Tactical move.

When the cameras panned the crowd, all I saw between the tepid flag waving were the faces of people who looked confused about why they were there.

When the cameras panned the crowd, all I saw between the tepid flag waving were the faces of people who looked confused about why they were there.

I hope you are correct. The thought of 200,000 Russians with a deluded NAZI mindset is not comforting.

I hope you are correct. The thought of 200,000 Russians with a deluded NAZI mindset is not comforting.
There are no doubt many pootin supporters. Two hundred thousand people at one rally out of a total population of 144 million is telling but what exactly it reveals remains to be seen.

I read a twitter convo by a BBC reporter who was there, and he said that most of the attendees were forced to go or were tricked because they thought it was a concert of some kind. The few that he was able to talk to said they werent supporting the war. I dont know how authentic that story is, but it might have a grain of truth in it.

I read a twitter convo by a BBC reporter who was there, and he said that most of the attendees were forced to go or were tricked because they thought it was a concert of some kind. The few that he was able to talk to said they werent supporting the war. I dont know how authentic that story is, but it might have a grain of truth in it.

Yes, the thread that follows this tweet shows a very mixed bag, quite a few complained about being made to attend.

Reactions: PoS
Putin's gonna gas some of his own troops, then use that as a pretext to gas Ukrainians.

Reactions: PoS
It's a shame that Zelensky didn't have a spare cruise missile laying around at the moment.

It would have been sweet timing! (y)

Projection is a favorire tactic of Putin and the Kremlin.

Accuse others of what you yourself are either doing or planning on doing, such as chamical weapons.

Projection is a favorire tactic of Putin and the Kremlin.

Accuse others of what you yourself are either doing or planning on doing
we see that in our own country.

The fashionable turtleneck sweater Putin was wearing is a $1,300 item.

Back
Top Bottom