• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin's hand is long

Why do you call Putin "Putler"? Sincere question.
not only me, there are a lot similarities between there 2 dictators

"Crimea seen as 'Hitler-style' land grab"
Nazi-style land grab?

_73443466_021396215-1.jpg

Czech Senate Speaker Milan Stech recently compared the Crimea crisis to Hitler's annexation of Czechoslovakia in 1938.

That comparison was echoed by Canada's Foreign Minister John Baird. Speaking to the CBC TV channel, he said: "Sudetenland was mainly occupied by Germans, but this did not give Germany the right to do what they did... in the 1930s."

Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton also compared Russian President Vladimir Putin's intervention in Crimea with Hitler's actions in the 1930s.

Former Georgian President Mikheil Saakashvili, who was backed by the US, remains bitter about the war in which Russia smashed his forces in 2008. So it is not surprising that he too made the Hitler comparison.

Writing in The Washington Post, Mr Saakashvili said: "Watching recent events and the global response, I keep thinking about history repeating itself - and other instances of aggression in Europe.

"In the 1930s, Nazi Germany occupied part of neighbouring Czechoslovakia under the pretext of protecting ethnic Germans. Today, Russia is claiming to protect ethnic Russians… in Crimea or Georgian territories… Many in the West are talking about the need to reach some kind of compromise with Russia, an option that smacks of Munich 80 years ago."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26488652

Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler's 1936 Olympics ...
https://www.theguardian.com/.../boris-johnson-compares-russian-world-cup-to-hitlers-...

Mar 21, 2018 - Boris Johnson has predicted Vladimir Putin will revel in the World Cup in Russia this summer in the same way that Adolf Hitler did in the ...
BwmYoU8CcAAaJ75.png

CEngelbrecht why are you , it appears , spoiling for war with Russia ?

All it took was losing a war, telling yourselves it was a stab in the back. Both in 1919 and 1991.

The Russians f***ing deserve better.

So you think war with Russia is a good thing for Russians ? Or anyone else ?

So you think war with Russia is a good thing for Russians ? Or anyone else ?

what do you mean with "Russians" ?

this group of people, 95% of RF folk

images

OR
this group of people ?

Putler´s Cooperative Ozero

53551a2d933ad295d844e813e191e34dr.jpg

"The dacha cooperative Ozero was founded on November 10, 1996[1] by Vladimir Smirnov (head), Vladimir Putin,[3] Vladimir Yakunin, Andrei Fursenko, Sergey Fursenko, Yury Kovalchuk, Viktor Myachin, and Nikolay Shamalov [ru].[4] The society united their dachas in Solovyovka, Priozersky District of Leningrad Oblast, on the eastern shore[a] of Lake Komsomolskoye on the Karelian Isthmus, near Saint Petersburg, Russia.[5][6]

Vladimir Putin returned from his KGB posting in Dresden in early 1990, prior to the formal establishment of the Ozero cooperative, and acquired property on the banks of Lake Komsomolskoye. His dacha burned down in 1996 but was rebuilt later that year.[3] Others bought more land around this area and built a number of villas close to each other to form a gated community.[7] A bank account linked to this cooperative association was opened, allowing money to be deposited and used by all account holders in accordance with the Russian law on cooperatives.[8]

By 2012 members of the Ozero cooperative had assumed top positions in Russian government and business and became very successful financially.[5][9][10] "

really, have Charles Darwin and Walt Disney , etc. annexed Crimea & Sudety? like these 2 dictators did ?

I never said they have annexed anywhere I am saying that they have been called Hitler by people and they have. Thus the term is just a derogatory slur used by all sorts of people . Would Putin have annexed Crimea had the West and co not conspired to overthrow the government there and install a bunch of Neo Nazis ?

Has the rapid NATO surge Eastward not inflamed the situation with Russia for decades ?

Or do you want everyone to just look the one way ?

I never said they have annexed anywhere I am saying that they have been called Hitler by people and they have. Thus the term is just a derogatory slur used by all sorts of people . Would Putin have annexed Crimea had the West and co not conspired to overthrow the government there and install a bunch of Neo Nazis ?

Has the rapid NATO surge Eastward not inflamed the situation with Russia for decades ?

Or do you want everyone to just look the one way ?
Ok, i got here an olgino troll vatnik bingo

BvEI_JYCUAA6WpP.jpg

what do you mean with "Russians" ?

this group of people, 95% of RF folk

OR
this group of people ?

Putler´s Cooperative Ozero

"The dacha cooperative Ozero was founded on November 10, 1996[1] by Vladimir Smirnov (head), Vladimir Putin,[3] Vladimir Yakunin, Andrei Fursenko, Sergey Fursenko, Yury Kovalchuk, Viktor Myachin, and Nikolay Shamalov [ru].[4] The society united their dachas in Solovyovka, Priozersky District of Leningrad Oblast, on the eastern shore[a] of Lake Komsomolskoye on the Karelian Isthmus, near Saint Petersburg, Russia.[5][6]

Vladimir Putin returned from his KGB posting in Dresden in early 1990, prior to the formal establishment of the Ozero cooperative, and acquired property on the banks of Lake Komsomolskoye. His dacha burned down in 1996 but was rebuilt later that year.[3] Others bought more land around this area and built a number of villas close to each other to form a gated community.[7] A bank account linked to this cooperative association was opened, allowing money to be deposited and used by all account holders in accordance with the Russian law on cooperatives.[8]

By 2012 members of the Ozero cooperative had assumed top positions in Russian government and business and became very successful financially.[5][9][10] "

Russia is a kleptocracy no doubt and authoritarian to boot. That it is obviously so in Russia but less so here in the West even though we also live in a plutocracy/polyarchy. The only reason we don't live under the same kind of authoritarian regime is because we believe the BS we are fed about our own societies . When that stops we will be and are being subjected to more state controls

Regardless , how is a war with Russia going to help those Russians living in poverty anymore than it will help people living in poverty here ?

I really don't understand the logic and see a war between Russia the EU and whoever else as a catastrophe for everyone concerned. Recall Einstein's words...... “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Is that what you really want ?

"Russia" is the N1 kleptocracy , and Putler czar of kleptocracy on our planet . and the western democracy is ONLY ONE TOOL against those thugs . forget about your favorite Stalinism (Marxism in practical ) , it was a pure slavery

The Threat of Kleptocracy: States Bordering the "Russian" Federation

I know, how dare those vassal states in Eastern Europe choose their own alliances? Don't they understand, that they're Stalin's warloot?

Gorbachew was never promised, that NATO wouldn't expand in the East. Leave revisionism to Pewtin.

Russia is a kleptocracy no doubt and authoritarian to boot. That it is obviously so in Russia but less so here in the West even though we also live in a plutocracy/polyarchy. The only reason we don't live under the same kind of authoritarian regime is because we believe the BS we are fed about our own societies . When that stops we will be and are being subjected to more state controls

Regardless , how is a war with Russia going to help those Russians living in poverty anymore than it will help people living in poverty here ?

I really don't understand the logic and see a war between Russia the EU and whoever else as a catastrophe for everyone concerned. Recall Einstein's words...... “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Is that what you really want ?

I'm not sure anyone has a choice. Least of all Pewtin.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13qq2l

I know, how dare those vassal states in Eastern Europe choose their own alliances? Don't they understand, that they're Stalin's warloot?

Gorbachew was never promised, that NATO wouldn't expand in the East. Leave revisionism to Pewtin.

Gorbachov was promised no eastern expansion of nato that is not revisionism, however that promise was not a written agreement so it only lasted while ghwb was president and the promise broken as the promise holder left office.

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early#.WjAX9r_XxYI.twitter

Documents declassified in 2017 show putin was correct whether gorbachov wants to admit it or not, the first promise was by the late ghwb in 1989, and in 90-92 many nations assured the soviet union it would not expand eastwards and not just referring to germany but all of eastern europe. The promise was only held until bill clinton became president then a big push eastward of nato occurred.

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early#.WjAX9r_XxYI.twitter

Documents declassified in 2017 show putin was correct whether gorbachov wants to admit it or not, the first promise was by the late ghwb in 1989, and in 90-92 many nations assured the soviet union it would not expand eastwards and not just referring to germany but all of eastern europe. The promise was only held until bill clinton became president then a big push eastward of nato occurred.

Why in the hell would Gorbachew, of all people, not want to admit if Bush Senior had indeed promised him that NATO wouldn't expand?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

Back
Top Bottom