• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin's defence minister Sergei Shoigu has had a 'massive heart attack not from natural causes' and TWENTY generals 'have been arrested' over bungled

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
But Shoigu, 66, is now thought to be in intensive care after suffering 'a massive heart attack' which 'could not have occurred due to natural causes', according to Leonid Nevzlin, suggesting Putin's longtime ally may have been the subject of an assassination attempt ordered by his boss.

Dodgy source, but not that unbelievable.
Retirement would have looked good six months ago.

Step 1: Surround yourself with yes-men
Step 2: Start an unnecessary war with Ukraine based on the reports of those yes men
Step 3: Get surprised that the pointless was is not going well
Step 4: Poison and arrest your yes-men
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit?

Step 2: Start an unnecessary war with Ukraine based on the reports of those yes men
Step 3: Get surprised that the pointless war is not going well
Step 6: Put a bullet in your head in an underground bunker.

Step 3: Get surprised that the pointless was is not going well
Step 6: Profit?
It is rumored that a lot of the intelligence people who were feeding information to the Kremlin were given massive amounts of money to develop Pro-russian resistance groups in the Ukraine prior to the war, but rather than doing that, they pocketed the money and gave false reports to the Kremlin. Then , the Kremlin invaded using the information that there were these resistance groups on the ground that didn't actually exist.

The more members of the Elite whom he fires or arrests, the closer he gets to being overthrown.

Oh, boy!

But Shoigu, 66, is now thought to be in intensive care after suffering 'a massive heart attack' which 'could not have occurred due to natural causes', according to Leonid Nevzlin, suggesting Putin's longtime ally may have been the subject of an assassination attempt ordered by his boss.

Around the world, a person has a heart attack.
In Russia, a person has a "heart attack".

It is rumored that a lot of the intelligence people who were feeding information to the Kremlin were given massive amounts of money to develop Pro-russian resistance groups in the Ukraine prior to the war, but rather than doing that, they pocketed the money and gave false reports to the Kremlin. Then , the Kremlin invaded using the information that there were these resistance groups on the ground that didn't actually exist.

Do you have anything more on that?

I would not be at all surprised if there wasn’t considerable graft involved in propping up the “Russia separatists” operating in Dombass (Trump never minded then).

yes, but the biggest thing has happened to dudaev- surkov (pootler´s close buddy many call him for putin´s BRAIN ) , a coup OR ?

Do you have anything more on that?

I would not be at all surprised if there wasn’t considerable graft involved in propping up the “Russia separatists” operating in Dombass (Trump never minded then).
I got the from what I consider a could source. They stressed 'rumor', and pointed out that the head of the fifth service in the Russian intelligence is in prison now, and 150 other intelligence people either got arrested or fired from that division. He also pointed out that the tactics that Russia started at the begging of the war do not make any sense what so ever, unless there was a strong pro-Russia militia on the ground, so he gives the rumors a lot of credit.

This is the video he made on his channel on youtube.

I got the from what I consider a could source. They stressed 'rumor', and pointed out that the head of the fifth service in the Russian intelligence is in prison now, and 150 other intelligence people either got arrested or fired from that division. He also pointed out that the tactics that Russia started at the begging of the war do not make any sense what so ever, unless there was a strong pro-Russia militia on the ground, so he gives the rumors a lot of credit.

With all due respect, this guys is just a guy in a GI Joe shirt and a ZZOP beard. He doesn‘t have a name. No visible experience or expertise. Cites no facts whatsoever.

Although he is honest enough to admit that it’s just speculation.

I already knew that Putin had purged his generals and top intelligence officials. It’s the same thing Stalin did when the Germans invaded in 1941.

The assault will be a hoarde commanded by a butcher.

It’s what Russians default to.

We all know that.

That's the problem with a kleptocracy, there are thieves in charge, and everyone thinks it's the governments job to enrich them.

That's the problem with a kleptocracy, there are thieves in charge, and everyone thinks it's the governments job to enrich them.
We got very close to that. It could happen anyplace.

We got very close to that. It could happen anyplace.

Yes, anyplace indeed, there is a historical tendency of centralized power and authoritarian mindsets to become corrupt and "extractive".

With all due respect, this guys is just a guy in a GI Joe shirt and a ZZOP beard. He doesn‘t have a name. No visible experience or expertise. Cites no facts whatsoever.

Although he is honest enough to admit that it’s just speculation.

I already knew that Putin had purged his generals and top intelligence officials. It’s the same thing Stalin did when the Germans invaded in 1941.

The assault will be a hoarde commanded by a butcher.

It’s what Russians default to.

We all know that.
You don't know Beau (Justin King)? Yup, he just offers his thoughts, but if they're good enough for Ol Nate, they're good enough for me.

Maybe the interesting part is a point he made that I've been wondering about, too. When you purge your intelligence service in the middle of the war, doesn't that leave you with a big hole? That's not rumor, that happened.

You don't know Beau (Justin King)? Yup, he just offers his thoughts, but if they're good enough for Ol Nate, they're good enough for me.

Maybe the interesting part is a point he made that I've been wondering about, too. When you purge your intelligence service in the middle of the war, doesn't that leave you with a big hole? That's not rumor, that happened.

No, I don’t get my “news” or opinions from some guy on the internet. I know a lot of people do. I don’t understand why.

I expect the people I rely on for information to have a real name and some identifiable expertise or experience.

I could have made this video myself, and told the audience a lot more than he did.

Actually, there was nothing in this video that was new or informative. Anyone who paid attention to the facts themselves,

Putin began purging his intelligence organs three weeks ago. That was reported. Although I doubt it got much attention in American cable TV news. Which trends to be episodic and very superficial. And increasingly parochial.

I will watch that reporting for the basics. DW on YouTube. The BBC world news as well. I read a lot of articles. Many written by people with identifiable expertise. I’ll watch war footage on YouTube, But I check sources. I do see some of the Russian propoganda. Some long standing commentators on military affairs provide halfway decent detail on Ukrainian army strategy, Russian weapons, logistics (or the lack thereof), and what little reliable information is seeping out of the Kremlin.

Again, all identifiable sources with some identifiable credentials. In short, a reason to actually pay attention to them.

I’m more interested in gathering information and drawing my own conclusion.

For that I don’t need Beau, dispite what appears to be perfectly good intentions on his part.

No, I don’t get my “news” or opinions from some guy on the internet. I know a lot of people do. I don’t understand why.

I expect the people I rely on for information to have a real name and some identifiable expertise or experience.

I could have made this video myself, and told the audience a lot more than he did.

Actually, there was nothing in this video that was new or informative. Anyone who paid attention to the facts themselves,

Putin began purging his intelligence organs three weeks ago. That was reported. Although I doubt it got much attention in American cable TV news. Which trends to be episodic and very superficial. And increasingly parochial.

I will watch that reporting for the basics. DW on YouTube. The BBC world news as well. I read a lot of articles. Many written by people with identifiable expertise. I’ll watch war footage on YouTube, But I check sources. I do see some of the Russian propoganda. Some long standing commentators on military affairs provide halfway decent detail on Ukrainian army strategy, Russian weapons, logistics (or the lack thereof), and what little reliable information is seeping out of the Kremlin.

Again, all identifiable sources with some identifiable credentials. In short, a reason to actually pay attention to them.

I’m more interested in gathering information and drawing my own conclusion.

For that I don’t need Beau, dispite what appears to be perfectly good intentions on his part.
Seems like an over reaction to one guy's opinion. He emphasized it was unproven rumor.

Beau doesn't pretend to be a news anchor. He has an interesting perspective at times. Relax.

Never forget which Americans sided with Putin.
id-rather-be-russian-than-democrat.jpg

Seems like an over reaction to one guy's opinion. He emphasized it was unproven rumor.

Beau doesn't pretend to be a news anchor. He has an interesting perspective at times. Relax.

Not at all.

But it is IMO, an appropriate reaction to the idea that one would rely on this type of thing for “news”. (No offense meant).

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of this sort of stuff going on. And it appears to be very common.

Conseratives have been especially drawn to this sort of thing. Their political leaders sell the idea that ”mainstream” media is some sort of evil cabal, bent on brainwashing them.

All you have to do is look at the flood of crackpot Tweets and YouTube videos that other people post here.

And it is the same dynamic that led straight to Q.

I have some acquaintances, who, like me, were in the military intelligence services. Many of them are short wave ham radio operators these days. They have been listening to Russian military communications. Apparently, a lot of their encryption equipment is down and they have been forced to resort to comms in the clear. You can be sure that much of the intel is being fed to the Ukrainian commanders on the ground and that is probably why the outgunned Ukrainians are having the successes they are.

Sorry but a proven liar and human trafficker who used a pretend accent is not what I consider a good source

Sorry but a proven liar and human trafficker who used a pretend accent is not what I consider a good source
Let's see you back up those claims. I would love to see any of his 'proven lies' and support the 'human trafficker'. Somehow, I bet these challenge will go unanswered.

What happened to Shoigu was probably similar to what happened to Homer:

At this pace, Putin is going to be forced to poison himself.

Back
Top Bottom