• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin sets uncompromising tone before G-20 summit

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Again, Putin slaps that rat bastard lying POS Kerry down, the day before Obama arrives.

It was not the most diplomatic way to start a summit of world leaders. On Sept. 4, the day before Russian President Vladimir Putin begins hosting the G-20 summit in his hometown of St. Petersburg, he accused the Obama Administration of lying to Congress, and said U.S. lawmakers were being suckered into approving a military strike against Syria. “We talk with these people. We assume that they are decent. But he lies,” Putin said of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. “And he knows that he lies. That’s pathetic.”

Read more: Putin Sets Uncompromising Tone Ahead of G-20 Summit | TIME.com

And then today, he spent just 15 seconds with Obama when he arrived!!

Again, Putin slaps that rat bastard lying POS Kerry down, the day before Obama arrives.

It was not the most diplomatic way to start a summit of world leaders. On Sept. 4, the day before Russian President Vladimir Putin begins hosting the G-20 summit in his hometown of St. Petersburg, he accused the Obama Administration of lying to Congress, and said U.S. lawmakers were being suckered into approving a military strike against Syria. “We talk with these people. We assume that they are decent. But he lies,” Putin said of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry. “And he knows that he lies. That’s pathetic.”

Read more: Putin Sets Uncompromising Tone Ahead of G-20 Summit | TIME.com

And then today, he spent just 15 seconds with Obama when he arrived!!

KGB training was not known for teaching compromise.

Nor is CIA's, what's your point?

That it is no surprise that someone socialized in a dictatorship and trained to crush resistance in the way the KGB did would do everything to further his position. He knows, he max have to subdue his populations at one time or another and does not want a precedent of interference. Also he seems to have decided multipolarity is in his interest and not a multilateral international structure. I don't know about you. But he is doing exactly, what I had expected.

The truth is the truth. Putin is going to get every inch out of it he can.

KGB training was not known for teaching compromise.

A good negotiation is one in which both parties leave slightly disappointed.

Our leaders tend to not call other leaders "liars".
Not that I disagree with Putin, but tact he is lacking.

Don't TEND to, aha. Tell you what Crue, PEOPLE are about to die in a big way, some 30,000 Russians live in Syria, drastic times require drastic measures, and its the US's choice that diplomacy is done and its time to bomb, so I approve of Putins boldness.

Don't TEND to, aha. Tell you what Crue, PEOPLE are about to die in a big way, some 30,000 Russians live in Syria, drastic times require drastic measures, and its the US's choice that diplomacy is done and its time to bomb, so I approve of Putins boldness.

Meaning you approve of possibly killing Russians? At that point I think Putin may do more than call someone a liar.

Meaning you approve of possibly killing Russians? At that point I think Putin may do more than call someone a liar.

But what could you mean? I approve of no one killing anybody anytime, have I failed to make that clear here? John Kerry is a lying rat bastard and Putin correctly called him out.

A good negotiation is one in which both parties leave slightly disappointed.

Like in Iraq. Putin has nothing substantial to lose, but gains in either case. If Obama hits Syria Putin can decry it and use it as propaganda. It effectively weakens the US in many quarters as populations have their own take on what is going on. Here in Germany the population is against any intervention. Mass murder is not an overriding issue. Fine points like the use of chemical weapons of mass destruction to quash civil unrest do not really register. The US aggressor up to his evil ways again is the problem.

Though I must say, that this time there has obviously been a desire by the government circulated among the public media to hold down anti Americanism in the news. It is not as aggressively anti American as it was a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom