• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Sees Ukraine as a Bolshevik/Communist Construct

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Listen to Putin's speech, and particularly his comments @ 3:30

It's very clear that he blames Lenin and his Bolsheviks for the separation of Ukraine from Russia. Obviously that shows how he repudiates Bolsheviks/Lenin/Communism for undermining Russia.

That easily again shows that Putin is not a communist. So where's the reason for the US to be obsessed with Russia? It's a non-communist Christian country. What makes Ukraine any more important than any other of the many territorial disputes around the world?

I don't get it, how can America feel threatened by an expansionistic country with a large military, a historic grudge against NATO & 1/8th of the world's surface under their rule? They aren't even atheist or communist!

I don't get it, how can America feel threatened by an expansionistic country with a large military, a historic grudge against NATO & 1/8th of the world's surface under their rule? They aren't even atheist or communist!

Who the **** cares about NATO? It's some organization, not a country. NATO was created to treat Russia as an enemy, and as long as NATO is given primacy then this will create antagonism with Russia.
Americans have their own lives to live, and don't want to revolve around NATO and its need for endless war. Those people are rich enough to defend themselves.

Biden-lovers say of the Afghans, "if they wanted to live free, then they should have fought harder to keep themselves free"
Well, the same thing could be said of Europeans. America shouldn't be fighting their battles for them.
This has become one big corrupt game.

Who the **** cares about NATO?
The US government does, sanman. That's all I'm saying.

It's some organization, not a country. NATO was created to treat Russia as an enemy, and as long as NATO is given primacy then this will create antagonism with Russia.
Americans have their own lives to live, and don't want to revolve around NATO and its need for endless war. Those people are rich enough to defend themselves.

Biden-lovers say of the Afghans, "if they wanted to live free, then they should have fought harder to keep themselves free"
Well, the same thing could be said of Europeans. America shouldn't be fighting their battles for them.
Call NATO antagonistic towards Russia, but we've gone longer in human history without a major war in Europe than ever before, and it's let the global economy build up for the majority of a century uninterrupted. Perhaps it's less about Europeans living free, and more about valuable and developed trade partners living with functioning factories and markets?

Listen to Putin's speech, and particularly his comments @ 3:30

It's very clear that he blames Lenin and his Bolsheviks for the separation of Ukraine from Russia. Obviously that shows how he repudiates Bolsheviks/Lenin/Communism for undermining Russia.

That easily again shows that Putin is not a communist. So where's the reason for the US to be obsessed with Russia? It's a non-communist Christian country. What makes Ukraine any more important than any other of the many territorial disputes around the world?

You conservatives are so f***ing predictable with your defense of Daddy Putin. Always need an autocrat to look up to and glorify.

People like Putin don't hold ideologies. They are all about power and they will exploit ideologies if it is in their best interest. This has nothing to do with communism and everything to do with an autocrat bullying a sovereign nation. Kindly f*** off with the excuses for your Daddy.

So where's the reason for the US to be obsessed with Russia?
I mean, if nothing else they are an extremely adversarial country to us that also has nukes. I dont know if you’ve noticed, but when US politicians talks about Russia they don’t talk about communism.

Additionally, this issue is more related to NATO and European security. Hence why the US is only committing to sanctions and not any kind of hot war. I fail to see how the US has responded in an obsessive way towards Russia.

Who the **** cares about NATO? It's some organization, not a country. NATO was created to treat Russia as an enemy, and as long as NATO is given primacy then this will create antagonism with Russia.

Bro, we literally aren’t fighting their battles for them. We are providing some aid and assisting in the effort to create effective sanctions. 100% of the aggression here is Russia. Yeah, NATO sucks and has done bad stuff in the past. But Russia is the one constantly justifying the existence of NATO with their own actions.

It feels like you just want something to get mad at. None of these arguments have any substance in reality.

The US government does, sanman. That's all I'm saying.

Call NATO antagonistic towards Russia, but we've gone longer in human history without a major war in Europe than ever before, and it's let the global economy build up for the majority of a century uninterrupted. Perhaps it's less about Europeans living free, and more about valuable and developed trade partners living with functioning factories and markets?

Nah, the Cold War ended, and warmongers in Washington are trying to revive it again. They're now also trying to revise history to claim it never ended.

"without a major war in Europe??" What about the major war it caused in Afghanistan and the 9-11 attacks?? That was America's longest war ever.
Remember - there was no jihadist problem in Afghanistan - until America created one. It was just a backward backwater country, until America decided to create a jihadist cesspool there --- all with the goal of using it against Russia.

How did Japanese militarism arise in the lead-up to WW2?

Read the private letters of President Teddy Roosevelt:

Roosevelt knew that Japan coveted the Korean Peninsula as a springboard to its Asian expansion. Back in 1900, Roosevelt had written, “I should like to see Japan have Korea.” When, in February 1904, Japan broke off relations with Russia, President Roosevelt said publicly that he would “maintain the strictest neutrality,” but privately he wrote, “The sympathies of the United States are entirely on Japan’s side.”

In June 1905, Roosevelt made world headlines when apparently on his own initiative he invited the two nations to negotiate an end to their war. Roosevelt’s private letter to his son told another story: “I have of course concealed from everyone literally everyone the fact that I acted in the first place on Japan’s suggestion ... . Remember that you are to let no one know that in this matter of the peace negotiations I have acted at the request of Japan and that each step has been taken with Japan’s foreknowledge, and not merely with her approval but with her expressed desire.”

All this crap happened because Roosevelt just wanted to do crap against Russia.

The Imperial Japanese were the predecessors of the Afghan jihadists. They were both cultivated by America to fight Russia.

Do you not see the massive blowback cost that happened from crap like this? Look at the huge number of people who died from these wars -- people even died from nukes being dropped on them.

You conservatives are so f***ing predictable with your defense of Daddy Putin. Always need an autocrat to look up to and glorify.

People like Putin don't hold ideologies. They are all about power and they will exploit ideologies if it is in their best interest. This has nothing to do with communism and everything to do with an autocrat bullying a sovereign nation. Kindly f*** off with the excuses for your Daddy.

You're totally ignorant. You're obviously some extraterritorialist with foreign loyalties who wants America to be his sucker to fight his wars.
Go fight your own wars. Go pick up a rifle and swim over there to fight if you want to. Stop trying to suck Americans into fighting your battles for you.

I mean, if nothing else they are an extremely adversarial country to us that also has nukes. I dont know if you’ve noticed, but when US politicians talks about Russia they don’t talk about communism.

Additionally, this issue is more related to NATO and European security. Hence why the US is only committing to sanctions and not any kind of hot war. I fail to see how the US has responded in an obsessive way towards Russia.

This is a circular argument. Treat Russia antagonistically and then say "aha!!" when they respond back in kind.
The only people who benefit from this are warmongers from the military-industrial complex.

Bro, we literally aren’t fighting their battles for them. We are providing some aid and assisting in the effort to create effective sanctions. 100% of the aggression here is Russia. Yeah, NATO sucks and has done bad stuff in the past. But Russia is the one constantly justifying the existence of NATO with their own actions.

It feels like you just want something to get mad at. None of these arguments have any substance in reality.

No, this is about meddling in the intimate relations and history between countries.
Woodrow Wilson also stupidly did this, and it resulted in the Treaty of Versailles, which led to the rise of Hitler.
Wilson was also notorious for his anti-democratic suppression of dissent at home. He didn't want anyone else to thwart his schemes.
Wilson also created the rotten US Federal Reserve, which has only helped to facilitate foreign adventurism by the US.

You're totally ignorant. You're obviously some extraterritorialist with foreign loyalties who wants America to be his sucker to fight his wars.
Go fight your own wars. Go pick up a rifle and swim over there to fight if you want to. Stop trying to suck Americans into fighting your battles for you.

Actually, you are the one making the case for war. You are defending Putin's argument for intervening in Ukraine. So why arent you picking up a rifle and heading to the Russian/Ukrainian border?

Do you really think if we give Putin what he wants here, that will be the end, really? Putin is a warrior, ex kGB, of the cold war which he thinks the USSR lost and he want it back again to regain Russia's place and pride in the world. He has nuclear weapons and seems willing to use them as his saber rattling shows. Once he wins this and especially if we do nothing, he will just move on to his next target. And those targets will see we do nothing and will go unwilling back under the dictatorship of Russia. I guess I feel we need to say no at some point before autocratic government comes to this country and there are plenty of Trump lovers and GOP members that want just that with them being the rulers.

Saddam Hussein insisted Kuwait was Iraq's "Nineteenth Province" and I am sure some Brit royalists still insist the United States is still a colony of the Crown.

Do you really think if we give Putin what he wants here, that will be the end, really? Putin is a warrior, ex kGB, of the cold war which he thinks the USSR lost and he want it back again to regain Russia's place and pride in the world. He has nuclear weapons and seems willing to use them as his saber rattling shows. Once he wins this and especially if we do nothing, he will just move on to his next target. And those targets will see we do nothing and will go unwilling back under the dictatorship of Russia. I guess I feel we need to say no at some point before autocratic government comes to this country and there are plenty of Trump lovers and GOP members that want just that with them being the rulers.

Only difference is, Putin's mind is aligned with 1916, not 1917.
He isn't dreaming of restoring the Soviet Union, he's dreaming of resurrecting the old Imperial Russian Empire and the only thing "Soviet" about his dream is Soviet expansionist tactics.
Putin sees himself as a czar, not as some neo-communist premiere.

Back
Top Bottom