• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Says West Arming Syrian Rebels who Eat Human Flesh.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
AMMAN/LONDON (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin, arriving in Britain ahead of an international summit set to be dominated by disagreement over the U.S. decision to send weapons to Syria's rebels, said the West must not arm fighters who eat human flesh.

2013-06-16T205317Z_3_CBRE95F1FPA00_RTROPTP_2_G8.JPG

After meeting Cameron in London, Putin said Russia wanted to create the conditions for a resolution of the conflict.

"One does not really need to support the people who not only kill their enemies, but open up their bodies, eat their intestines in front of the public and cameras," Putin said.

"Are these the people you want to support? Are they the ones you want to supply with weapons? Then this probably has little relation to the humanitarian values preached in Europe for hundreds of years."

The incident Putin referred to was most likely that of a rebel commander filmed last month cutting into the torso of a dead soldier and biting into a piece of one of his organs.

After meeting Putin, Britain's Cameron said the divide between Russia and the West over Syria could be bridged, although they disagreed about who was at fault.

"What I take from our conversation today is that we can overcome these differences if we recognize that we share some fundamental aims: to end the conflict, to stop Syria breaking apart, to let the Syrian people decide who governs them and to take the fight to the extremists and defeat them.".....snip~

Putin says West arming Syrian rebels who eat human flesh

It would appear that the Russians are willing to back down despite Putin's Words. What a bunch of Wuss-asses. They have the upper hand. They have troops and Ships in Syria. They could have punched major holes in the Sunnis' plans while sticking it to the Europeans and us at the same time. No way The Brits or France nor us would make a move if Russia was to throw up defenses.

IMO if I was the Russians. I would take out Idris and any Command Officers inside Turkey. Teach those Defectors about the Basics of Leading a Rebellion from the back of the Bus. Try getting out in front of their troops and Leading by example. Course this would put a major dent into the West and the Sunnis plans. Moreover there would be nothing any could do if it were to happen. The West would bitch and moan for a while. But then they would move off to other things.

Here the Media says the Russians are furious. Then comes back with Putin saying things can be worked out. If the Russians were actually furious over this. Then actions speak louder than words. Still the reporter shouldn't claim what isn't true.

AMMAN/LONDON (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin, arriving in Britain ahead of an international summit set to be dominated by disagreement over the U.S. decision to send weapons to Syria's rebels, said the West must not arm fighters who eat human flesh.

2013-06-16T205317Z_3_CBRE95F1FPA00_RTROPTP_2_G8.JPG

After meeting Cameron in London, Putin said Russia wanted to create the conditions for a resolution of the conflict.

"One does not really need to support the people who not only kill their enemies, but open up their bodies, eat their intestines in front of the public and cameras," Putin said.

"Are these the people you want to support? Are they the ones you want to supply with weapons? Then this probably has little relation to the humanitarian values preached in Europe for hundreds of years."

The incident Putin referred to was most likely that of a rebel commander filmed last month cutting into the torso of a dead soldier and biting into a piece of one of his organs.

After meeting Putin, Britain's Cameron said the divide between Russia and the West over Syria could be bridged, although they disagreed about who was at fault.

"What I take from our conversation today is that we can overcome these differences if we recognize that we share some fundamental aims: to end the conflict, to stop Syria breaking apart, to let the Syrian people decide who governs them and to take the fight to the extremists and defeat them.".....snip~

Putin says West arming Syrian rebels who eat human flesh

It would appear that the Russians are willing to back down despite Putin's Words. What a bunch of Wuss-asses. They have the upper hand. They have troops and Ships in Syria. They could have punched major holes in the Sunnis' plans while sticking it to the Europeans and us at the same time. No way The Brits or France nor us would make a move if Russia was to throw up defenses.

IMO if I was the Russians. I would take out Idris and any Command Officers inside Turkey. Teach those Defectors about the Basics of Leading a Rebellion from the back of the Bus. Try getting out in front of their troops and Leading by example. Course this would put a major dent into the West and the Sunnis plans. Moreover there would be nothing any could do if it were to happen. The West would bitch and moan for a while. But then they would move off to other things.

Here the Media says the Russians are furious. Then comes back with Putin saying things can be worked out. If the Russians were actually furious over this. Then actions speak louder than words. Still the reporter shouldn't claim what isn't true.

Typical Russian strategy to support a terrorist government into squeezing the last straw of humanity of their victims, record the inhumanity that was caused from their initial support, and use that against the world "Here are the people you want to help!" I say this method is at least few centuries old.

Good thing you did not buy it with Dardania. We would still be at war with Russian satellites! :O

Typical Russian strategy to support a terrorist government into squeezing the last straw of humanity of their victims, record the inhumanity that was caused from their initial support, and use that against the world "Here are the people you want to help!" I say this method is at least few centuries old.

Good thing you did not buy it with Dardania. We would still be at war with Russian satellites! :O

Putin thinks Hezbollah and Iran are heroes?

Seems that writer was a bit premature over the thought that Putin Would bridge the Gap. Not now and not after the G8. Russia stated today. They wont back a NO Fly Zone. Meaning there will be none.

Putin, Obama face off over Syria; rebels get Saudi missiles.....

ENISKILLEN, Northern Ireland/DUBAI (Reuters) - Rebels fought to halt an advance by President Bashar al-Assad's forces into northern Syria on Monday while U.S. President Barack Obama faced a showdown with Russia's Vladimir Putin over Obama's decision last week to arm the insurgents.

New evidence emerged of escalating foreign support for the rebels, with a Gulf source telling Reuters that Saudi Arabia had equipped fighters for the first time with shoulder-fired anti-aircraft missiles, their most urgent request. Rebels said Riyadh had also sent them anti-tank missiles.

The weapons deal was disclosed as rebel fighters confront government troops and hundreds of militants from the Iranian-backed Hezbollah militia seeking to retake the northern city of Aleppo, where heavy fighting resumed on Monday.

The White House said last week Obama would try to persuade Putin to drop support for Assad at a summit of the G8 group of world powers in Northern Ireland.

Putin showed no sign of being convinced. Speaking on the summit's eve, he hammered home his point that arming fighters was reckless, zeroing in on an incident last month when a rebel commander was filmed biting a piece of an enemy's entrails.

"One does not really need to support the people who not only kill their enemies, but open up their bodies, eat their intestines in front of the public and cameras," Putin said after meeting British host David Cameron.

Russia says it is unconvinced by U.S. evidence accusing Assad of using chemical weapons, and said on Monday it would block any attempt to impose a no-fly zone over Syria, a step Washington says it has not yet decided on but is on the table.

The United States moved anti-aircraft missile batteries and warplanes to Jordan in recent weeks, which Moscow believes are a precursor to a no-fly zone.

The missiles were obtained from suppliers in France and Belgium, and France had paid to ship them to the region, the Gulf source told Reuters. France says it has not yet decided to arm the rebels but along with Britain it persuaded the European Union to drop a weapons embargo from the start of this month.

Opposition sources in Aleppo said Saudi Arabia had also supplied the rebels with at least 50 Russian-made Konkurs anti-tank missiles in the last few days. The weapons had reached rebels fighting a government column at the town of Maaret al-Arteek north of Aleppo, scene of major fighting in recent days.....snip~

Putin, Obama face off over Syria; rebels get Saudi missiles

Do you think The Saudi need to start taking some Heat for escalating matters in Syria? I think it is high time Someone steps up to the Plate and puts the Saudi in Check. Either us or the Russians. Not much the Saudi could do about if it was done.

Last edited:
Now imagine between all these clashes among Muslims some promote a name such as "Muslim Brotherhood!" There is no brotherly cooperation, cohesion, ties as such! What kinda "brotherhood" are we talking about here?

Now imagine between all these clashes among Muslims some promote a name such as "Muslim Brotherhood!" There is no brotherly cooperation, cohesion, ties as such! What kinda "brotherhood" are we talking about here?
Give them a common enemy and see what happens...

Shia Muslims don't consider Sunnis "real Muslims," and vice versa.

Shia Muslims don't consider Sunnis "real Muslims," and vice versa.

There is plenty of that among other sects also. Yes some are so stupid to fall for the inviting name "Muslim Brotherhood" and volunteer to fight for the cause of Islam in the name of cohesion and expecting reciprocity (which by all odds cannot come, and if it does comes in unwelcomed forms such as terrorism).

Further, these are wonderful times to see the real nature of religion being used for political means. There is only one book for Muslims, but as long as each have their political goals they choose to interpret parts that differentiate from others. See how political religion has become?

Thank God I am not religious!! Yuuuck!!

Give them a common enemy and see what happens...

Funny link. But the enemy was common before such as the Brits and Russia. I do not see today how better they are cooperating with one another. Much less that there is a "Muslim Brotherhood" that promotes cooperation, unity, cohesion such as "brothers" do, and this surpasses and is beyond other interests such as: nation, borders, political interests, etc, like it promotes itself to be.

Funny link. But the enemy was common before such as the Brits and Russia. I do not see today how better they are cooperating with one another. Much less that there is a "Muslim Brotherhood" that promotes cooperation, unity, cohesion such as "brothers" do, and this surpasses and is beyond other interests such as: nation, borders, political interests, etc, like it promotes itself to be.
Go ask all of the warring factions how they would respond if Israel full on attacked. Different Muslim sects do see the others as less than, but certainly on a higher scale than your standard non-Muslim infidel. Muslim extremists kill other Muslims around the globe...always have. Doesnt mean they cant be united against a common enemy.

Go ask all of the warring factions how they would respond if Israel full on attacked. Different Muslim sects do see the others as less than, but certainly on a higher scale than your standard non-Muslim infidel. Muslim extremists kill other Muslims around the globe...always have. Doesnt mean they cant be united against a common enemy.

It is not impossible. But highly unlikely IMO.

It is not impossible. But highly unlikely IMO.
Why do you suppose Israel was not only not invited to participate in the 1st or 2nd gulf war and in fact was begged not to respond to Saddams random SCUD attacks?

I spent 4 years in the ME. Discussions even with allies were pretty clear. Saddam was seen as a 'wayward son' and they were actually OK with the first gulf war. The coalition forces were viewed as third country nationals brought in to to the dirty work they dont like having to do. But there was a line...only so much and no more.

Like I said...you dont think Muslim brotherhood is real watch how quickly Muslims take sides of religion vs country.

Seems that writer was a bit premature over the thought that Putin Would bridge the Gap. Not now and not after the G8. Russia stated today. They wont back a NO Fly Zone. Meaning there will be none.

The interests between the West and Russia diverge significantly in Syria. There is common ground e.g., reducing the intensity of the conflict or bringing an end to it. But as to the preferred outcome i.e.., who governs or a no fly zone, the differences are deep. On the former, Russia has a major interest in maintaining its strategic warm water port naval facility. Just as the anti-Assad forces have never provided credible and concrete information concerning future governance, the role of ethnic/religious minorities, and overall foreign policy parameters, they have provided nothing concrete for Russia to expect that it could retain its naval facility should they gain power. On the latter, the stretching of the mandate set forth in UNSC Res. 1973 (2011) of Libya's no fly zone into a mechanism for regime change has led Russia to automatically oppose such devices. Russia did not support the mandate change and does not believe that it can trust parties to respect limited mandates given to such mechanisms. Once credibility is shattered--and credibility related to the purposes of such devices has been shattered as mutual confidence is lacking--it takes a long time to rebuild it.

In short, Russia will agree when it comes to trying to devise a diplomatic process or negotiations for reduce the intensity of the sectarian conflict, reach a ceasefire, and perhaps negotiate a long-term solution. It won't agree with demands that the long-term solution be regime change (though if the parties accept it at the bargaining table, that's a different matter, but the battlefield situation may preclude agreement on such an outcome if talks even occur) or a no fly zone. It will also likely respond to Western arms deliveries with a step-up of its own arms deliveries.

Why do you suppose Israel was not only not invited to participate in the 1st or 2nd gulf war and in fact was begged not to respond to Saddams random SCUD attacks?

I spent 4 years in the ME. Discussions even with allies were pretty clear. Saddam was seen as a 'wayward son' and they were actually OK with the first gulf war. The coalition forces were viewed as third country nationals brought in to to the dirty work they dont like having to do. But there was a line...only so much and no more.

Like I said...you dont think Muslim brotherhood is real watch how quickly Muslims take sides of religion vs country.

Ok, where am I suppose to watch this?

Ok, where am I suppose to watch this?
The history channel. Or go to you tube and look up what Muslims think about religion vs country. Or...you know...dont.

The history channel. Or go to you tube and look up what Muslims think about religion vs country. Or...you know...dont.

Tssk! That is what you have been telling me all this time? That sometimes in the past Israel was begged not to engage with Saddam for they would then join forces in the name of religion and forsake national interests?

I thought you were telling me how your predict the situation will evolve now compared to sometimes in the past! They are pretty divided today and this is over national interests, hence there is no "Muslim Brotherhood" in the meaning that it intended it to be.

But okay, fine, should a religious antagonist appear there is potential for them to group up together. Firstly I do not see such developments occurring. Secondly I would doubt that they would even then.

Tssk! That is what you have been telling me all this time? That sometimes in the past Israel was begged not to engage with Saddam for they would then join forces in the name of religion and forsake national interests?

I thought you were telling me how your predict the situation will evolve now compared to sometimes in the past! They are pretty divided today and this is over national interests, hence there is no "Muslim Brotherhood" in the meaning that it intended it to be.

But okay, fine, should a religious antagonist appear there is potential for them to group up together. Firstly I do not see such developments occurring. Secondly I would doubt that they would even then.
The concept of 'Muslim brotherhood' is not a myth. All non Muslims are infidels. If they managed to kill off every non Muslim, they would still kill each other off til they had the right 'sect' of Muslims. But Muslims first. Give them a common enemy.

At least the Canadian Prime Minister got it right, publically criticizing Putin for arming the "thugs" supporting Assad and identifying Russia's participation in the G8 as basically the G7 plus one, the plus one not cooperating with anything of value and probably shouldn't be part of the group.

Perhaps one day in my lifetime the decent, democratic nations of the world will unite in one group, abandon the UN for the cesspool it is, and align themselves with doing good regardless of what the rogue states of the world want them to do.

The concept of 'Muslim brotherhood' is not a myth. All non Muslims are infidels. If they managed to kill off every non Muslim, they would still kill each other off til they had the right 'sect' of Muslims. But Muslims first. Give them a common enemy.

Your paragraph is conflicting. How can you put "Muslim Brotherhood" and them killing each other at the same paragraph and implicitly state consistency? What sort of a "Brotherhood" is this for them to want to kill one another until the real Muslim (according to themselves of course) is left standing?

Secondly, what or who would benefit from a united Islamist front? Why do you want to give them a common enemy and unite them for what?

Thirdly, even your "Common enemy" solution to unite all Muslims is a temporary one and dependent on how long the "Common enemy" is alive and non-threatening (or not standing). How long would that stand? For which benefit again?

Most Muslems don't believe such garbage.

You've turned the exception into the rule.

Its like accusing all Jews of believing all non-Jews will become their slaves when the Messiah comes, just because a small minority of Jews believe this.

Because, ya know, the Syrian opposition aren't terrorists at all. No way dude.

BBC News - Syria: BNP leader Griffin says opposition dominated by 'jihadi terrorists'

Outgunned Syria rebels make shift to bombs | Reuters

INTERNATIONAL - BBC removes Syrian opposition war crime video

Most Muslems don't believe such garbage.

You've turned the exception into the rule.

Its like accusing all Jews of believing all non-Jews will become their slaves when the Messiah comes, just because a small minority of Jews believe this.
"Most"? You believe that...why exactly? And I have news for you...the vast majority of Christians believe they are right and everyone else is going to Hell, just as the vast majority of Jews believe they are right, etc etc etc. You however feel the kneejerk need to defend 'most' Muslims. I wonder...aside from what you read and choose to believe do you KNOW most Muslims? Do you even associate with a significant number of them or have the first clue what they truly believe?

Your paragraph is conflicting. How can you put "Muslim Brotherhood" and them killing each other at the same paragraph and implicitly state consistency? What sort of a "Brotherhood" is this for them to want to kill one another until the real Muslim (according to themselves of course) is left standing?

Secondly, what or who would benefit from a united Islamist front? Why do you want to give them a common enemy and unite them for what?

Thirdly, even your "Common enemy" solution to unite all Muslims is a temporary one and dependent on how long the "Common enemy" is alive and non-threatening (or not standing). How long would that stand? For which benefit again?
Do you at all study history?

Back
Top Bottom