• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Says West Arming Syrian Rebels who Eat Human Flesh.....

Where did I say they were waiting for a 'victor' to show that they cared? I stated the world has ignored (translation NOT CARED) the Assad regime and rule for 40+ years and if he was so bad you would have thought people would have cared BEFORE the civil war started.

Aha, right, mis-translat...misinterpretation.

I do not think that that is how it works. People should stand up and demonstrate their will for a change not only in deed, but in blood as well, and even then it is not guaranteed that help may come. To make it more probable they should have payed promoters for that change to occur with countries who are better off and that could arrange the help ahead of time.

That is how this was organized "from far away" as Mr. Invisible presented the links (post 41). This is not just an intervention from outside. It is an inside-outside job that usually has the will of the majority of the people involved.

Good morning, CJ. :2wave:

I, for one, look forward to that day! :thumbs: The fact that the rogue states of the world get the same vote as everyone else is counterproductive to the reason for the UN, IMO, since most of them are not democracies! Fortunately the rogues are slowly being replaced by citizens that finally have a say in what they want their future to look like, so maybe time will ultimately correct the wrongs. :peace:

Good morning Lady P - emerging democracies aren't always what we may hope they would be, an example being Iraq, but at least the majority of people are getting what they voted for which is a great step forward.

Hope you're doing well and being diligent in your current project!!

Aha, right, mis-translat...misinterpretation.

I do not think that that is how it works. People should stand up and demonstrate their will for a change not only in deed, but in blood as well, and even then it is not guaranteed that help may come. To make it more probable they should have payed promoters for that change to occur with countries who are better off and that could arrange the help ahead of time.

That is how this was organized "from far away" as Mr. Invisible presented the links (post 41). This is not just an intervention from outside. It is an inside-outside job that usually has the will of the majority of the people involved.
I think that was our biggest mistake in Iraq. Whether or not you agree with going there in the first place...post war ops were a dismal failure. You cant win freedom for someone else. They have to want it and fight for it. I hope Syria along with all the other ME countries eventually find real peace and freedom. I worry that they simly change a dictator for a brutal fundamentalist dictatorship. We'll see.

Where did I say they were waiting for a 'victor' to show that they cared? I stated the world has ignored (translation NOT CARED) the Assad regime and rule for 40+ years and if he was so bad you would have thought people would have cared BEFORE the civil war started.

Sometimes countries need to prioritize. We aren't invincible and all-powerful, that's why we don't push for regime change in plenty of other countries. It's not that we don't care, it's that this is a better time to get rid of the Assad regime than it had been for the past 40 years.

I think that was our biggest mistake in Iraq. Whether or not you agree with going there in the first place...post war ops were a dismal failure. You cant win freedom for someone else. They have to want it and fight for it. I hope Syria along with all the other ME countries eventually find real peace and freedom. I worry that they simly change a dictator for a brutal fundamentalist dictatorship. We'll see.

You have the majority in Iraq wanting freedom, I think you were right to go there, but whether you had a lobbyist for Iraq or not I am not certain. Unlike Karzai in Afghanistan. There you had it all I think.

Seriously? You're using the opinion of a white nationalist on whether or not some Arabs are terrorists or not? :lol:

Got dammit! I didn't check the link! Dammit.

EDIT: I retract that link then, since I can't go back and edit the post.

Last edited:
What of these arrests in Turkiye though. They fail in comparison I know but they do not look good.

Just to show that I am on topic. Developments in Turkiye may also influence developments in Syria.

Your position is vague. A few posts back you stated sarcastically that the rebels are not just as terrorists as Assad. When I asked you what is Britain and USA doing with "Jihad Terrorists" you provide me these sources that NATO is delivering Libyans to fight in Syria!

I do not see how delivering Libyans to fight along the rebels makes the rebels just as terrorist as Assad?

Well, it does link. Let's go over the conversation.

You stated:

Typical Russian strategy to support a terrorist government into squeezing the last straw of humanity of their victims, record the inhumanity that was caused from their initial support, and use that against the world "Here are the people you want to help!" I say this method is at least few centuries old.

Good thing you did not buy it with Dardania. We would still be at war with Russian satellites! :O

I replied with

Not really man, there were plans for the UK to get involved before the protests.

From France's Parliamentary Channel:

Former French Foreign Minister: The War against Syria was Planned Two years before “The Arab Spring”

Back in 2011, there was violence against the government:

Bloody Syrian Protests Continue - Defense/Middle East - News - Israel National News

The protesters were armed.

You then stated

If this was planned from "far away" then what is "Jihad Terrorists" doing with the rebels?

So you were asking how did the jihadi terrorists get with the rebels?

I responded by saying

EDIT: Added in quote from DDD, as I had forgotten to put it in.

Sometimes countries need to prioritize. We aren't invincible and all-powerful, that's why we don't push for regime change in plenty of other countries. It's not that we don't care, it's that this is a better time to get rid of the Assad regime than it had been for the past 40 years.
And replace it with what exactly? Doesnt that question NEED to be answered first? Otherwise its like diving off a pier in the dark. You dont know if its high tide, low tide, or what exactly you are diving into. But at least you can say you arent still standing on the dock.

The interests between the West and Russia diverge significantly in Syria. There is common ground e.g., reducing the intensity of the conflict or bringing an end to it. But as to the preferred outcome i.e.., who governs or a no fly zone, the differences are deep. On the former, Russia has a major interest in maintaining its strategic warm water port naval facility. Just as the anti-Assad forces have never provided credible and concrete information concerning future governance, the role of ethnic/religious minorities, and overall foreign policy parameters, they have provided nothing concrete for Russia to expect that it could retain its naval facility should they gain power. On the latter, the stretching of the mandate set forth in UNSC Res. 1973 (2011) of Libya's no fly zone into a mechanism for regime change has led Russia to automatically oppose such devices. Russia did not support the mandate change and does not believe that it can trust parties to respect limited mandates given to such mechanisms. Once credibility is shattered--and credibility related to the purposes of such devices has been shattered as mutual confidence is lacking--it takes a long time to rebuild it.

In short, Russia will agree when it comes to trying to devise a diplomatic process or negotiations for reduce the intensity of the sectarian conflict, reach a ceasefire, and perhaps negotiate a long-term solution. It won't agree with demands that the long-term solution be regime change (though if the parties accept it at the bargaining table, that's a different matter, but the battlefield situation may preclude agreement on such an outcome if talks even occur) or a no fly zone. It will also likely respond to Western arms deliveries with a step-up of its own arms deliveries.

Good assessment DS! But I doubt the talks will take place now. Still after Putin met Obama. He is standing on Europeans NO FLY Zone. Pretty much daring the Europeans and us to Bust a Move.

Obama didn't change Putin's mind. All he did was reinforce it.

Back
Top Bottom