• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces to be on 'high alert' as tensions build over Ukraine

upsideguy

Pragmatic Idealist
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces to be on 'high alert' as tensions build over Ukraine
From NBC News Feb. 27, 2022, 6:44 AM MST
By Patrick Smith
President Vladimir Putin has ordered his military's nuclear deterrent forces to be on alert as international tension builds over Russia's four-day-old invasion of Ukraine.
Putin said in a meeting of top officials on Sunday that the move was in response to leading NATO powers making what he called “aggressive statements,” according to Tass, the state-owned Russian news agency.

Russia, like the United States, has thousands of nuclear warheads that it maintains as a deterrent to an attack.

This is a BFD. My assessment is Putin feels backed into a corner at the moment and is lashing out. The Ukraine invasion is shaping up to be a watershed event in world politics and global leadership.

Last edited:
This is a BFD. My assessment is Putin feels backed into a corner at the moment and is lashing out. The Ukraine invasion is shaping up to be a watershed event in world politics and global leadership.

I think/hope that his use of "deterrence" is a sign this is just saber rattling.

No one seriously believes the West is going to preempt him with nukes.

Somehow the richest criminal in the world forgot that we don't consider economic acts as weapons of mass destruction quite yet.

Maybe we will after this.

I think/hope that his use of "deterrence" is a sign this is just saber rattling.

No one seriously believes the West is going to preempt him with nukes.

Somehow the richest criminal in the world forgot that we don't consider economic acts as weapons of mass destruction quite yet.

Maybe we will after this.

Putin already announced that he was lowering the threshold for the use of nuclear weapons. I guess we’ll know inside a week or two if it was bluster.

Possible nukes being used, China considering attacking Taiwan because of the chaos. Xi getting cozy with Kim Jung Un and N. Korea firing off missles. Gas at record highs, food costs at record highs, Covid out of control.

Oh, WAIT!! The wokeys are in charge now. The old saying that "We get the government we deserve" is on full display. As the waitress in the Greasy Spoon would say as she plops down your greasy fries and fly infested burger

ENJOY!!

Lolololol @Paradoxical waking up today and realizing covid is out of control, and gas prices are high and nukes being used is a real possibility of saber rattling when you arent a cuck exchanging love letters with dictators.

i say good! As insufferable and spoiled the west is, we could really use a good nuking, and in a nuclear wasteland, the first thing to become meaningless is this sexual identity nonsense, only applicable to ivory towers which will no longer exist post nuke.

If they’re raising their nuclear readiness, so are we.
Oh, what's the worst that can happen?

I thought, it was typical, to swallow our prides when it came to nukes.

apparantly we lost that skill.

I dont really see that. I could be wrong, may very well be wrong.

I see Putin as rattling his cage right now, nothing more. Flexing and garnering attention. "Putin" on a show.

I dont think this is going well for him. It will be interesting to see if they hold Ukraine for the long haul, or if they make up some pretense of "the threat is now over", and go back to Russia. But I think it will go on for at least several months. These things take time. He's feeling it out, testing the resistance and the international waters.
Thats just what I see.

**edit: I dont mean to minimize the threat to Ukraine, this is a great big hairy deal to them of course, people are dying.

And what would that look like? Since Putin hasn't done anything to us? "Respond in kind"?

Putin and Russia invading our allies is doing something to us.
Putin and Russia destroying peace in the world is doing something to us.
Putin and Russia attempting to expand their country and taking over others is doing something to us.
Putin and Russia going on nuclear alert is doing something to us.

We live in this world. We are all part of this world. What is happening in Ukraine is not happening in a bubble. Whether at war or not, Russia is our enemy. They hate us at least at the government level. They hate what we represent. They hate our values. Their growing in power, against our allies, while we strongly state we will not allow this is Putin spitting in our face.

Putin and Russia invading our allies is doing something to us.

Is Ukraine an "ally"? What war did they help us with?
Putin and Russia destroying peace in the world is doing something to us.

Meh. There is no "peace in the world". The USA has started more phony "wars" lately than anybody.
Putin and Russia attempting to expand their country and taking over others is doing something to us.

Hmmmm. Damned if I see where it is though. I dont live in Ukraine.🤷‍♂️
Putin and Russia going on nuclear alert is doing something to us.

No it isnt. Nothing has changed at all in my life, I cant even tell that they are on "high nuclear alert". makes no difference to me.
I'm very alert as well. I'm on High Alert too.💯

We live in this world. We are all part of this world. What is happening in Ukraine is not happening in a bubble. Whether at war or not, Russia is our enemy. They hate us at least at the government level. They hate what we represent. They hate our values. Their growing in power, against our allies, while we strongly state we will not allow this is Putin spitting in our face.

Yeahhhhh....I gotta tell ya I'm just not that worried about it. Just give me some babes and some tasty buds and I'm gonna be alright man!:cool:

Meh. There is no "peace in the world". The USA has started more phony "wars" lately than anybody.

No it isnt. Nothing has changed at all in my life, I cant even tell that they are on "high nuclear alert". makes no difference to me.

Yeahhhhh....I gotta tell ya I'm just not that worried about it. Just give me some babes and some tasty buds and I'm gonna be alright man!:cool:

Nice approach - blame the US and then declare it makes no difference to you. Enjoy your selfish self centered bubble.

Possible nukes being used, China considering attacking Taiwan because of the chaos. Xi getting cozy with Kim Jung Un and N. Korea firing off missles. Gas at record highs, food costs at record highs, Covid out of control.

Oh, WAIT!! The wokeys are in charge now. The old saying that "We get the government we deserve" is on full display. As the waitress in the Greasy Spoon would say as she plops down your greasy fries and fly infested burger

ENJOY!!
Trump repealed sanctions on Russia. Trump tried to block military aid to Ukraine. Trump was buddies with Putin, had secret meetings with him, openly sided with Putin against our own intelligence agencies.

Trump opposed covid control measures, as did you.

Gas prices were higher under Bush.

All of the shit you mention? You voted for it.

Trump repealed sanctions on Russia. Trump tried to block military aid to Ukraine. Trump was buddies with Putin, had secret meetings with him, openly sided with Putin against our own intelligence agencies.

Trump opposed covid control measures, as did you.

Gas prices were higher under Bush.

All of the shit you mention? You voted for it.
Trump also put sanctions on Russia and supported and signed the Countering America's Adversaries Through Sanctions Act which made it much easier to put meaningful sanctions on Russia. Rather than the rather worthless ones we had done in the past.
He also signed a law making it so any company that helps work on the nord stream pipeline would suffer severe consequences.

Meanwhile back in may of last year Biden removed those sanctions. Funny how so many want to pretend that never happened.

That’s the problem with the people who only really care about their tribe and see everything through that lens.

Trump was a joke and a horrible president. Doesn’t mean everything he did was bad. Biden is much better but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t made his own **** ups.

ENJOY!!
You are one clueless individual

Lolololol @Paradoxical waking up today and realizing covid is out of control, and gas prices are high and nukes being used is a real possibility of saber rattling when you arent a cuck exchanging love letters with dictators.
Covid is out of control? Covid is finally getting under control.

You don't want the government to pay for them do you?

Putin already announced that he was lowering the threshold for the use of nuclear weapons. I guess we’ll know inside a week or two if it was bluster.

I do not think it is.
Putin has been putting pieces in place for a while. I belive he decided before he went into Ukraine that when the West offered him unacceptable resistance he would use strategic nukes.
We have stood up to him to this point, this was his backup right along.

He will continue to challenge the West until he gets what he wants. He will not back down.
I belive he has made up his mind. He will continue to escalate unless he gets what he wants. Right to Armageddon .

Back
Top Bottom