• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces status raised to ‘special combat readiness’

Chainsawmassacre

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm not exactly sure what this means in real terms but it sure doesn't sound good. Putin is evil and becoming desperate and it's not comforting to know he has the ability to launch nukes at any time. Hopefully someone in his inner circle will take this psychopath out if he starts reaching for the button. There has to be discord developing in the higher ranks.

"Putin ordered the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military's General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a "special regime of combat duty." The move signals tensions could boil over into a nuclear war. "

I'm not exactly sure what this means in real terms but it sure doesn't sound good. Putin is evil and becoming desperate and it's not comforting to know he has the ability to launch nukes at any time. Hopefully someone in his inner circle will take this psychopath out if he starts reaching for the button. There has to be discord developing in the higher ranks.

"Putin ordered the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military's General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a "special regime of combat duty." The move signals tensions could boil over into a nuclear war. "

Scary stuff, no doubt.....what's the world going to do if he launches short range small nuclear weapons on the Ukrainian people?.....with what he's doing now, it's very possible, imo.....he's got a screw or two loose. Somebody's going to have to take him out, for the sake of world peace. This is how world wars begin.

I doubt that it is any Russian equivanant to DEFCON.

Putin’s generals may not know what it is either.

It may be one sign that the Russian position is beginning to fall apart.

On, the other hand, it may be a sign that Putin is thinking about doing something really stupid.

On, the other hand, it may be a sign that Putin is thinking about doing something really stupid.
It is tough to tell.

I would hope it’s Sabre rattling since his invasion is not going as planned.

This is a must win war for Putin and it's not going well for him. Desperate people do desperate things.

This is a must win war for Putin and it's not going well for him. Desperate people do desperate things.
Exactly right. Things going bad for Russian in Ukraine could be very bad news for the world. The more desperate his position becomes the more brutal and irrational he will be

Scary stuff, no doubt.....what's the world going to do if he launches short range small nuclear weapons on the Ukrainian people?.....with what he's doing now, it's very possible, imo.....he's got a screw or two loose. Somebody's going to have to take him out, for the sake of world peace. This is how world wars begin.
Our official doctrine states we will annihilate Russia in response.

Didn’t Putin say he would take Kiev in 3 hours and he’s on Day 5? His credibility is going south fast.
He had visions of Blitzkrieg and France. Ukraine is making a fool of him.

If I were a higher up in the Russian society/Arms position, I'd certainly think what would happen if Putin sent nuclear warheads toward Ukraine. Not just the regular screw up but..
What if one malfunctioned a hit a NATO country? My homeland (Russia) could be turned into a F"""ing parking lot.
I would do something drastic.

Hopefully someone in his inner circle will take this psychopath out if he starts reaching for the button.
Dang!

That little strutting twerp is really sick.

Surely he is aching for a breaking.

There is absolutely ZERO gain from taking over a nuclear wasteland PLUS finding that your country is TOTALLY frozen out of the world economy AND having 100% of the assets of your country's citizens seized if they are located outside of your own country.

Didn’t Putin say he would take Kiev in 3 hours and he’s on Day 5? His credibility is going south fast.
He likely assumed that President Zelensky would follow the same cowardly path taken by the Afghan President who fled when the Taliban was moving into Kabul and that Ukraine’s military forces would disintegrate as occurred in Afghanistan. He miscalculated badly. He is now faced with united opposition to his invasion. Russia’s geopolitical position will likely be diminished at the end of this conflict.

Our official doctrine states we will annihilate Russia in response.

Under the Biden administration.....bought and paid for......who knows?

There is absolutely ZERO gain from taking over a nuclear wasteland PLUS finding that your country is TOTALLY frozen out of the world economy AND having 100% of the assets of your country's citizens seized if they are located outside of your own country.

All true of sane people.

Not overly surprising, but there ARE some sane people in the Russian power structure (I hesitate to dignify it with the name "government").

I don't think the world can take the chance.....Putin deserves death for invading Ukraine in the first place, now threatening "nuclear" attacks.....he has got to go, and in a very fast manner, for the sake of world peace and innocent lives, period. This should NOT be taken lightly and just sit back and wait to see what he does.....no, no, no.....take him out now, forthwith, imo.

I don't think the world can take the chance.....Putin deserves death for invading Ukraine in the first place, now threatening "nuclear" attacks
Actually he did not "threaten 'nuclear' attacks". What he did do is say that he would strike back if anyone launched a nuclear attack on Russia.
.....he has got to go, and in a very fast manner, for the sake of world peace and innocent lives, period.
Agreed.
This should NOT be taken lightly and just sit back and wait to see what he does.....no, no, no.....take him out now, forthwith, imo.
For some reason I don't like advocating that governments take illegal actions such as murdering the head of other countries. And, quite frankly, I don't care if the advocating is being done by "OUR Guys" or by "THEIR Guys".

Why NOT, call Mr. Putin's bluff and shunt 100,000 US military personnel into Ukraine on a crash basis, each one of them equipped with a large American flag and with every vehicle pained with a large USA on its sides, front, rear, and top?

Actually he did not "threaten 'nuclear' attacks". What he did do is say that he would strike back if anyone launched a nuclear attack on Russia.

Agreed.

For some reason I don't like advocating that governments take illegal actions such as murdering the head of other countries. And, quite frankly, I don't care if the advocating is being done by "OUR Guys" or by "THEIR Guys".

Why NOT, call Mr. Putin's bluff and shunt 100,000 US military personnel into Ukraine on a crash basis, each one of them equipped with a large American flag and with every vehicle pained with a large USA on its sides, front, rear,

When Putin says to place his nuclear teams on heightened awareness or however you wish to express it, while at the same time invading a foreign country, you betcha your bottom dollar it's a threat. We simply cannot sit back and wait and see, what Putin does next....a couple of sniper teams and take his ass out.

When Putin says to place his nuclear teams on heightened awareness or however you wish to express it, while at the same time invading a foreign country, you betcha your bottom dollar it's a threat.
Yep, it is a threat to shoot back.
We simply cannot sit back and wait and see, what Putin does next..
Possibly. Then again, possibly the US doesn't actually have any practicable options left now that it has dispatched almost the entirety of its Quick Reaction Force.
..a couple of sniper teams and take his ass out.
And you are going to get those sniper teams in to Russia and close enough to shoot Mr. Putin WITHOUT getting caught? How?

Oh, I know, you are going to use an unmarked drone that has no serial numbers on any of its parts that can "loiter" over wherever it is that Mr. Putin is located for three or four weeks without being detected and then use the remotely controlled on-board weaponry to assassinate him.

Ssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you are.

Back
Top Bottom