• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin orders nuclear deterrent forces status raised to ‘special combat readiness’

I don't think the world can take the chance.....Putin deserves death for invading Ukraine in the first place, now threatening "nuclear" attacks.....he has got to go, and in a very fast manner, for the sake of world peace and innocent lives, period. This should NOT be taken lightly and just sit back and wait to see what he does.....no, no, no.....take him out now, forthwith, imo.
If this was one of the cloak and dagger novels I have read someone would be in Putin's inner circle and would take out Putin. But in real life I'm not so sure.

Russians never change there spots.

Russians never change there spots.
Considering Russia is supposed to be some kind of superpower I'm underwhelmed. OTOH with GDP less than the state of California one has to wonder how that can be.

Actually he did not "threaten 'nuclear' attacks". What he did do is say that he would strike back if anyone launched a nuclear attack on Russia.

Agreed.

For some reason I don't like advocating that governments take illegal actions such as murdering the head of other countries. And, quite frankly, I don't care if the advocating is being done by "OUR Guys" or by "THEIR Guys".

Why NOT, call Mr. Putin's bluff and shunt 100,000 US military personnel into Ukraine on a crash basis, each one of them equipped with a large American flag and with every vehicle pained with a large USA on its sides, front, rear, and top?
Remember all the attempts to take out Hitler that failed?

Considering Russia is supposed to be some kind of superpower I'm underwhelmed. OTOH with GDP less than the state of California one has to wonder how that can be.
Putin is screwed

He miscalculated

Yep, it is a threat to shoot back.

Possibly. Then again, possibly the US doesn't actually have any practicable options left now that it has dispatched almost the entirety of its Quick Reaction Force.

And you are going to get those sniper teams in to Russia and close enough to shoot Mr. Putin WITHOUT getting caught? How?

Oh, I know, you are going to use an unmarked drone that has no serial numbers on any of its parts that can "loiter" over wherever it is that Mr. Putin is located for three or four weeks without being detected and then use the remotely controlled on-board weaponry to assassinate him.

Ssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you are.

Lol, whatever......let's just sit back, not help Ukraine, and wait to see if Putin uses nuclear weapons.....yeah that's the ticket.

Remember all the attempts to take out Hitler that failed?
The man was very well protected as I am sure Putin is as well. But a brave soul did get a bomb close to Holter. It can be done with the correct intelligence and help from the inside.

Lol, whatever......let's just sit back, not help Ukraine, and wait to see if Putin uses nuclear weapons.....yeah that's the ticket.
Who is next, Poland the Baltic Republics?

You don't appease dictators, you slap them down.

And that's the thing -- Russia has been turned into some perpetual boogieman, used by politicians of every stripe for any convenient purpose -- including to jockey and posture at each other.
Don't like how the election went? Blame it on Putin. Need to ditch your corruption scandal? Say Putin is behind the allegations. Need to keep your weapons industry afloat? Say it's to be strong against Putin. Need to keep your bloated multilateral organization together? Say they're needed to one day stop Putin.

After demonizing Russia so much, for any convenient need of the moment, including your own social bonding, you now get what you preached for -- your demon is now here.

Who is next, Poland the Baltic Republics?

You don't appease dictators, you slap them down.

No shit Sherlock, pay more attention to the posts before responding......mine was sarcastic.

1646017753279.png

Well sitting on the world's largest stock of nuclear weapons will do that.

The man was very well protected as I am sure Putin is as well. But a brave soul did get a bomb close to Holter. It can be done with the correct intelligence and help from the inside.
Some said there also seemed like some king of supernatural ability he had to escape harm. It was said he went on several suicide missions in WWI and always came back alive.

He had visions of Blitzkrieg and France. Ukraine is making a fool of him.
I mean Russia telegraphed their intent so hard Ukraine had months to prepare, and I would bet you money plenty of covert support.

I'm not exactly sure what this means in real terms but it sure doesn't sound good. Putin is evil and becoming desperate and it's not comforting to know he has the ability to launch nukes at any time. Hopefully someone in his inner circle will take this psychopath out if he starts reaching for the button. There has to be discord developing in the higher ranks.

"Putin ordered the Russian defense minister and the chief of the military's General Staff to put the nuclear deterrent forces in a "special regime of combat duty." The move signals tensions could boil over into a nuclear war. "

He is threatening the world with nukes. Imo this demands a response from the world.

When Putin says to place his nuclear teams on heightened awareness or however you wish to express it, while at the same time invading a foreign country, you betcha your bottom dollar it's a threat. We simply cannot sit back and wait and see, what Putin does next....a couple of sniper teams and take his ass out.
I don't know the best way to handle it but you are absolutely correct in your basement of it being a threat. Its a grave threat that demands a substantive response.

What actually happens if Putin uses a nuclear weapon in Ukraine? Lots of people die and the world will do nothing but watch. That is the sad reality. Apparently only NATO children matter.

Yeah, I'm a little unimpressed with the power of the Russian military. They were the other superpower at some point, but clearly not anymore. Were they ever, really? Was it always this weak facade only really backed up by nuclear weapons?

Because I'm starting to wonder if it weren't for their nukes, would their military even be a threat to Ohio?

What actually happens if Putin uses a nuclear weapon in Ukraine? Lots of people die and the world will do nothing but watch. That is the sad reality. Apparently only NATO children matter.
US nuclear doctrine is to respond to nuclear strikes with nuclear strikes. If Russia drops a nuke in Ukraine, there's not going to be a Russia anymore.

US nuclear doctrine is to respond to nuclear strikes with nuclear strikes. If Russia drops a nuke in Ukraine, there's not going to be a Russia anymore.
I don't believe you unless there's a documented source. Ukraine and the USA are no allies.

Back
Top Bottom