• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin now says can't we all get along?

He can't address Russia because he is a Putin supporter.

He'll badmouth the US before he badmouths Russia and he has. Look above at his posts.

Pointing out the hypocrisy of those now crying foul, people who have been pushing for this but hiding their involvement under a cloud of conflicting commentary/actions , deserve to be outed for their complicity in this war.

You don't want that to happen because you are a professional propagandist yourself who has been pushing for support for this moment ever since you joined the forum. Manically pushing out onesided propaganda every day all day for nearly 10 years because of a personal grudge against all things Russian. The Sandokan of the Russia/Ukraine subforum that you probably asked to be created for this very purpose.

You should be dancing on the ceiling now that you are seeing the war you always wanted

Yearning for and working towards war for nearly 10 whole years, who does that, what sort of mind would want to see this death and destruction and be even more happy to see it spread into a broader war where even more people are killed ?

The gaslighting is that you are conflating a few bad policies to the US being evil or that its justification for Russia's evil.

" A few bad policies" lols are you caught in the loop of hopeless devotion to the state propaganda system:rolleyes:

They were and remain illegal wars of aggression, Iraq being as clear as an example of an illegal war involving war crimes as it is possible to witness

There is no attempt at justification, there is just the slam dunk case of western hypocrisy in attacking Putin for that they have done themselves with even less credibility than Putin has for it.

" Evil" is "evil"..................you don't get to pick and choose which evil you decide to criticize and which you defend by way of a overwhelming obssession not to refer on evil as a crime without being called a hypocrite over it.

The gaslighting is that you are conflating a few bad policies to the US being evil or that its justification for Russia's evil.

How about all great powers are " evil"?........as the saying goes............."the powerful do what they want and the weak suffer what they must"...........not a judgement call because I despise the might is right concept , just a reality check for you that will no doubt send a shiver down your spine.

When people are moralizing from a position of gross hypocrisy they are fair game. Don't like it? Don't engage in it.

" Transgression" ?? lol you mean illegal wars that have less justification credibility than Putins war on Ukraine?

You want to talk about the war and listen to stuff you will never see in the MSM now, as it tries to make out that Russia is somehow unique in engaging in wars like this? That's fine by me too.

Zelensky, in 2019, tried to float the idea of elections in the Donbas as a means to try to break the impasse on the Minsk2 agreement. It was met with a nationalist backlash that saw a mob march on his offices and so he did a uturn. Since then he has taken a more right wing approach which has seen the arrest of political opponents and journalists that wish to see the Ukrainian civil war in the Dobas region brought to an end with a negotiated settlement

Early in 2021 there was a clampdown on 3 TV stations owned by pro Russian Ukrainian oligarchs and all three were shut down on the grounds that they refer to the civil war in Ukraine that has raged since 2014 as a " civil war". We have heard much of late about Putins autocratic censoring of the media but NOTHING about Zelenskys that preceded it

In March last year Zelensky announced a national commitment to retake Crimea, that means war with Russia, in case you are so lost to the current propaganda that it would appear as an alien concept. That was followed by a US commitment to supply arms and training to Ukrainian forces. The first shipments started arriving in December.

So, making no value judgements, the sequence has seen a growing decline in support for Zelenskys party, a clampdown on media with Zelensky shutting down people wishing to see a negotiated settlement of the Donbas conflict ,followed by a defacto declaration of war against Russia over Crimea along with military aid being supplied by NATO just prior to the Russian invasion.

The Russians knew that the Ukrainians were on the march to retake Crimea and decided to attack before they made their move on it. You won't see any of this in the MSM coverage today because they don't want people to know this, for obvious reasons.

The Russian attack on Ukraine is an extremely hard watch and will be prosectuted with many war crimes imo but that doesn't mean that the full story should be censored out by the western MSM. A negotiated settlement was ALWAYS the best option imo and is far better than the carnage we see going on today but too many people decided that the best solution was to keep poking the Russians in the eye with their proxy Ukrainian stick., a strategy that has led to this and now they act as though they had FA to do with it, hands to cheeks in supposed horror. That's what the western propaganda system is keeping from people. They don't have to censor the media because, just as in the illegal wars the hypocrites in the West have engaged in, they are complicit in it.

You’ve already said all this a bunch of times. Yes, we know that you are very good at whataboutism and criticisms of a people fighting for their lives against a murderous thug madman. You do not have to convince us any more.

He's going to give back Ukrainian territory right after we give back Puerto Rico and much of the Southwest.
Give back the southwest to who?

You’ve already said all this a bunch of times. Yes, we know that you are very good at whataboutism and criticisms of a people fighting for their lives against a murderous thug madman. You do not have to convince us any more.

I talked about some of the stuff that led to this conflict, stuff you obviously don't want to know because it was true of Ukraine/Zelensky . Sucks to keep moaning about whataboutism and then not have the decency to reply when the actual topic IS discussed but just in a way you don't want it to be. :rolleyes:

I talked about some of the stuff that led to this conflict, stuff you obviously don't want to know because it was true of Ukraine/Zelensky . Sucks to keep moaning about whataboutism and then not have the decency to reply when the actual topic IS discussed but just in a way you don't want it to be. :rolleyes:

You are trusting that if Ukraine and the West had just given in to a few Putin demands, then he would be totally satisfied and that would be the end of it. By what right does Putin have to carve out “independent states” from another country. By what right does he get to determine what treaties that independent country may join? What right does he have to tell an independent country to demilitarize? Please do tell. And without your normal whataboutism, please. Try to stick to the subject at hand,

You are trusting that if Ukraine and the West had just given in to a few Putin demands, then he would be totally satisfied and that would be the end of it. By what right does Putin have to carve out “independent states” from another country. By what right does he get to determine what treaties that independent country may join? What right does he have to tell an independent country to demilitarize? Please do tell. And without your normal whataboutism, please. Try to stick to the subject at hand,

Why don't you respond to the content of post 50, the points it raised? You know, instead of ignoring them and demand that your own be answered? Are you struggling because you haven't a MSM article at hand to refer to so as to provide you with a response?

" A few bad policies" lols are you caught in the loop of hopeless devotion to the state propaganda system:rolleyes:

They were and remain illegal wars of aggression, Iraq being as clear as an example of an illegal war involving war crimes as it is possible to witness

There is no attempt at justification, there is just the slam dunk case of western hypocrisy in attacking Putin for that they have done themselves with even less credibility than Putin has for it.

" Evil" is "evil"..................you don't get to pick and choose which evil you decide to criticize and which you defend by way of a overwhelming obssession not to refer on evil as a crime without being called a hypocrite over it.
You can keep pretending I am stuck in a loop all you want. I am aware of history and simply come to another conclusion.

You can keep pretending I am stuck in a loop all you want. I am aware of history and simply come to another conclusion.

Your are stuck in a loop, I don't have to pretend you are lols

So in your world the US led attack on Iraq was legal?

That the US attack on Afghanistan which saw an invasion, with all of the deaths and misery they cause, a 20 year occupation complete with the installation of a puppet government against a people that were not even responsible for the 9/11 attacks was a justifiable response ?

Your obvious reluctance to call the crimes of your own crimes has been evident from the start. No such problem of definition with the crimes of official state enemies though. :rolleyes:

Why don't you respond to the content of post 50, the points it raised? You know, instead of ignoring them and demand that your own be answered? Are you struggling because you haven't a MSM article at hand to refer to so as to provide you with a response?

I’m not into responding to huge repeated theses on a point by point basis. I got the gist of it and responded. And now you’re saying that MSM should be considered unreliable? Are or are not Ukrainians at present the victims of Putin’s wanton slaughter and destruction in his illegal invasion of an independent country, as the MSM is presently showing? From what source do you get your information?

Your are stuck in a loop, I don't have to pretend you are lols

So in your world the US led attack on Iraq was legal?

That the US attack on Afghanistan which saw a invasion with all of the deaths and misery they cause, a 20 year occupatiion complete with the installation of a puppet government against a people that were not even responsible for the 9/11 attacks was a justifiable response ?

Your obvious reluctance to call the crimes of your own crimes has been evident from the start. No such problem of definition with the crimes of official state enemies though. :rolleyes:

Whataboutism. *YAWN*. We’ve heard it a couple of dozen times now. You can file it.

I’m not into responding to huge repeated theses on a point by point basis.

How convenient is that?

Let me know when you are independent enough of mind to discuss stuff properly

Whataboutism. *YAWN*. We’ve heard it a couple of dozen times now. You can file it.

When I was on topic you didn't even bother to respond to the points and facts that were stated but you want to talk to me about whataboutism? lols Soz I can't take your commentary seriously, those fingers in the ears are not condusive to debate.

How convenient is that?

Let me know when you are independent enough of mind to discuss stuff properly

,”independent of mind” says the person totally dedicated to whataboutism. *L*. And you didn’t tell me where you get your info. TASS? Russian state TV? The Worker’s Daily?

,”independent of mind” says the person totally dedicated to whataboutism. *L*

The two are not mutually exclusive but I don't think you understand why. You repeat the mantras fed to you and cower away from that which might undermine them. Does that sound like independent thinking?

I am stuck on the truth

I'm sure that evading those questions was better for your own personal definitions that serve as a protection from the truth

The two are not mutually exclusive but I don't think you understand why. You repeat the mantras fed to you and cower away from that which might undermine them. Does that sound like independent thinking?

Ah yes. Now hiding behind a claim of “independent thinking”. And such irony in claiming “mantras” from a person who has repeated his narrative dozens of times over the past few days. Why are you so afraid of answering my questions?

I'm sure that evading those questions was better for your own personal definitions that serve as a protection from the truth
I never paid attention to the majority of the content of your posts tbh

When I was on topic you didn't even bother to respond to the points and facts that were stated but you want to talk to me about whataboutism? lols Soz I can't take your commentary seriously, those fingers in the ears are not condusive to debate.

I tried to extend the conversation beyond your repetitive talking points, but apparently any criticism of Putin whatsoever is simply not allowed in your world. I have to tell you, Putin himself could have written your whataboutism posts in order to remove the conversation from his brutal invasion of an independent country.

You’re hilarious in accusing others of avoiding questions. So we are required to answer yours, which are mostly just rhetorical accusatory “questions”, but you don’t have to answer ours. Nice double-standard.

I never paid attention to the majority of the content of your posts tbh

Why would you have paid attention? lols

You cling to the hypocritical bs you have been fed because you cannot hack the ugly truth. Who knew? lols

Ah yes. Now hiding behind a claim of “independent thinking”. And such irony in claiming “mantras” from a person who has repeated his narrative dozens of times over the past few days. Why are you so afraid of answering my questions?

I'm not " afraid" of answering your questions. You have a habit of thinking your arguments scare people. They don't imo people just get bored with your ridiculous style .

I said to you that in March last year Zelensky all but declared war on Russian forces in Crimea and gave a whole host of other related points regarding why Russia has rsponded the way it has, It was obvious that the Ukrainians were arming up with the intention of retaking the Crimea and the Donbas, clamping down on any who wished to see a negotiated settlement etc etc. What was your response? Yeah I get the gist but want to talk about other stuff lols

I tried to extend the conversation beyond your repetitive talking points, but apparently any criticism of Putin whatsoever is simply not allowed in your world. I have to tell you, Putin himself could have written your whataboutism posts in order to remove the conversation from his brutal invasion of an independent country.

When I posted on topic you didn't want to discuss what I had said, see what I mean about the ridiculous debating style you use?

Back
Top Bottom