• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Looms - Future of the World at Stake

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am by nature a person that always looks at the bright side of everything. I am a positive thinker and believe that generally speaking the worst is not likely to happen.

Nonetheless and in spending quite a bit of time over the last week in studying the Russia/Ukraine situation and listening to the experts on who is Putin as a person (people that has studied Putin since he has been on the scene), I have started to turn bearish on what is facing all of us (I mean this world).

It is a consensus of opinion that Putin is a thug. He is an intelligent thug but a thug nonetheless. He is a man that believes he is better than anyone else, including any other leader in the world. Ukraine was one situation that when they seceded from Russia in 2014, it became an attack on his manhood and one that he has every intention to overturn. The other issue that has driven him for many years is that he believes the world does not respect him and that they have tried to control him and that is not something he is going to allow.

When Putin invades Ukraine (no more an "if), that in and of itself is going to create some panic in the world as it will be the first time in hundreds of years that an established, large, and free nation will be taken by force. Those nations that oppose that action will do everything in their power to react to it and that is likely to generate even more of a "balls" reaction for Putin. As such, big conflict in the world will begin, unlike seen since World War 2.

The economic reaction that will start will cause Putin, the Oligarchs with him, and Russia to suffer greatly and Putin is not the kind of a man that will back down, meaning that his reaction will be to fight back and since he has no economic strength, it will likely be with armed conflict. Such an event will open the door to all kinds of potential worldwide catastrophes.

I also read this morning that Putin (much like Trump) has surrounded himself with "yes" men. People that will not give him any other view than the one he has. It was also stated that what Trump did yesterday in supporting Putin's actions (saying it was a genius move) has emboldened him even more.

I see this situation here with the invasion of Ukraine as being the catalyst for a huge amount of problems (if not an all out World War 3) beginning. None of which can bring any good.

I am worried about what this situation has begun to engender, knowing the kind of a man that Putin is (as stated by the experts that have studied him for many years).

We all know what happens when a turf war occurs between two competing gangs. A lot of dead people. Multiply this by 10-20 as there are not just 2 gangs involved but many gangs involved (China, France, England, Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, North Korea, and all the other nations that are members of NATO or that are involved land-wise or principle-wise) and you can see how far this could go.

I don't know how far this will go but where it is going, there is nothing but negatives involved.....................to all of us.

Last edited:
I agree with you, the whole thing is very serious and very concerning. I hope the outcome of this is not too horrific. :(

Send Hillary over with her big red reset button.

It's all good.
Thanks for the useless and sarcastic reply, Ret. This is exactly what this OP did not need.

This is a serious threat and you are making fun of it?

I agree with you, the whole thing is very serious and very concerning. I hope the outcome of this is not too horrific. :(
Thanks to Biden in the WH. Putin smells Bidens weakness

Thanks for the useless and sarcastic reply, Ret. This is exactly what this OP did not need.

This is a serious threat and you are making fun of it?

It's not a American problem. Let Europe sort it out.

Sanctions aren't going to do much either.

How does that make a difference? This is about Putin and his belief he is #1 in the world and that he can do whatever he wants? You think he would feel and act differently if we had a strong president? After all, Biden is not the only one against Putin. All of NATO (including the French, English, and German presidents), so Biden is only one piece of the obstacle for Putin. You think he would fear a strong U.S. president? Putin does not fear anyone. He has bigger balls than everyone out together.

This was a ridiculous answer trying to ply your bias on the OP. You did not address the problem. No difference would be seen if we had JFK as the president. Biden is not the problem or the solution. Putin is the problem.

Bullshit, your weak cowardly traitor got the boot by the American patriots when his failed twice impeached term was crushed. He can't play with Putin's balls anymore, his master is pouting.

47wehl.jpg

Bullshit, your weak cowardly traitor got the boot by the American patriots when his failed twice impeached term was crushed. He can't play with Putin's balls anymore, his master is pouting.

Crimea and reset buttons make liberals tough guys these days?

It's not a American problem. Let Europe sort it out.

Sanctions aren't going to do much either.

It is NOT a European problem. The world now is tied together as never before..............socially and economically. "Our" stock market has now lost close to $2 Trillion dollars since the threat of invasion started a week ago. That is OUR people losing money. Inflation will rise, prices will rise, and delivery problems will rise and OUR people will be paying for it...............and this is not even mentioning any armed conflict in the future, which could actually be fatal to us as Russia has enough missiles that can reach our shores to kill over 50% of our population. Keep in mind that Putin hates the U.S. and if he gets into an armed conflict in Europe, he will find a way to bring us into it.

Ret, I am surprised in your answers. The are misinformed to say the least,

How?

What would a strong person do that is not being done already? Face him with our nuclear weapons and threaten him? You think his balls would allow him to back off given that he also has nuclear missiles aimed at us? Would you be willing to take the chance that he would back off? At the cost of hundreds of millions Americans dying if you are wrong? Are you that rash?

The people that have studied him and know him say "no, he would not back off".

Putin does not back down from anyone. In fact, his balls would grow double in size if he has someone as strong as he is facing him,.

Nice try VY. It is a shame that you know nothing. You are not a worthy debater.

It is NOT a European problem. The world now is tied together as never before..............socially and economically. "Our" stock market has now lost close to $2 Trillion dollars since the threat of invasion started a week ago. That is OUR people losing money. Inflation will rise, prices will rise, and delivery problems will rise and OUR people will be paying for it...............and this is not even mentioning any armed conflict in the future, which could actually be fatal to us as Russia has enough missiles that can reach our shores to kill over 50% of our population. Keep in mind that Putin hates the U.S. and if he gets into an armed conflict in Europe, he will find a way to bring us into it.

Blame the Euro's and Russia.

Not one single young American should die just because you are worried about your 401K.

Hillary still under your bed dominating your nightmares and making you piss the sheets? :ROFLMAO:

Trump is still in yours.....right?

Isn't it strange that Putin invades the Ukraine under Obama and Slow Joe.........but did not under the Orange man?

Hmmmmmmmm.

Well said, amazing how little people, especially those who claim to have been in the military, know about these things. Glad folks like you are patient enough to teach them.

We should update that you had predicted the invasion to be unlikely to happen; I said I thought it likely (and later very likely). I think we're on the same page now.

There aren't any easy answers to this. Imagine if China chose this moment to move into Taiwan, as they see our limits on protecting allies from tyranny. And the presence of nuclear weapons by all three makes the stakes even higher.

It seems clear that Putin is feeling he can weather any punishment because China is allying with him. If Europe stops buying his oil, China will, etc.

It seems to me the west needs to try to find ways to punish Putin so harshly as to deter his aggression without escalating to nuclear war. The alternative seems we have to abandon our allied democracies like Ukraine and Taiwan to tyranny and restart a cold war with hard lines and ultimatums that could even include nuclear use.

Well said, amazing how little people, especially those who claim to have been in the military, know about these things. Glad folks like you are patient enough to teach them.

Thank god we all have your military expertise on these issues in dark times.

;)

Blame the Euro's and Russia.

Not one single young American should die just because you are worried about your 401K.
What????? What do I have anything to do with it,

It is not up to me. It is up to Putin. You trust he will make the right decision? or use his macho balls to decide what to do?

It is not up to me. It is up to Putin. You trust he will make the right decision? or use his macho balls to decide what to do?

You're the one that belly ached over markets......right?

C'mon..........why don't you and all your liberal tough guys go join the Ukraine Army?

Trump is still in yours.....right?

Isn't it strange that Putin invades the Ukraine under Obama and Slow Joe.........but did not under the Orange man?

Hmmmmmmmm.
What Putin does in Ukraine has little to do with who is President of the United States. The most you could say about when trump was his puppet, is he kept Putin calm by teabagging him so often. 🤡

I think he's still confused. 🤡

It is NOT a European problem. The world now is tied together as never before..............socially and economically. "Our" stock market has now lost close to $2 Trillion dollars since the threat of invasion started a week ago. That is OUR people losing money.

Is it really? It's people allocating their money less to stocks, but it doesn't simply disappear. The value of stocks is always ephemeral - it's not as if we can ever actually all the stocks for whatever their value at a given time. Real losses are things like lowered productivity, property destruction, etc. Stock 'losses' of paper money are more complicated. Of course, Putin's aggression causes losses.

What Putin does in Ukraine has little to do with who is President of the United States. The most you could say about when trump was his puppet, is he kept Putin calm by teabagging him so often. 🤡

Hmmmmmm.........if it were the Orange man, you would have started another liberal hack post declaring otherwise.

You called him the Putin puppet for 4 tears........right?

You have zero self awareness.

The Republican trump cult wants to agree with trump when he says 'this wouldn't happen if trump were president'. Ya, we saw what Putin does when trump was president - when trump abandoned the Syrians we'd protected for years to hand the territory to Putin. Nevermind the reports of Putin paying bounties to Afghans for Americans killed.

Back
Top Bottom