• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Looms - Future of the World at Stake

You lost all credibility when you had to compare Putin to Trump.
I know, I messed up. Trump cannot be compared to Putin. He doesn't measure up to Putin. He is a wannabe Putin.

80 times Trump talked about Putin

Trump could not stop himself from lauding Putin. Every other president in the world was debased by Trump but never Putin. Putin is Trump's idol. Here is the most recent slobbering applause of Putin. Trump saying that Putin is a true "genius"!!!!

Bave, you do not know me at all. You have no idea of who I am or what I know.

Sure I do. You advertised here. You posted up your company, your name, and your biographical data.

Look, you claim to be a financial expert, but your work experience says otherwise. Your education is weak. You have limited time in minor roles in backwater shops. Your CV tells us who you are in the finance community and that is a snake oil salesman on the internet.

Unlike you though, I back up my statements with facts, data, links etc. You just say words.

If you say so. You post random snippets.

As far as words are concerned, I can say them as well as you can. I am far better than you are in every way. I know more than you know in everything. I am more of a man that you will every be. I am a great husband, a great provider, you are a neophyte every single time you post something. I am a better shooter than you are. I am stronger, more intelligent, and much better looking than you are. You can't even kiss my ass because my ass is so high that you cannot reach it.

Did I bruise your internet ego? You have so much information on the internet that contradicts everything you say here it is comical. Seriously, you realize you have your home address listed on your articles of incorporation, right?

You see how words can do wonders? I just made myself a Titan and you an ant, with just words.

Yea, but I am using your own words, about yourself, published by you, to show the facts. Those facts are that you have zero financial education, no material financial experience, and thus your words on the subject matter should be wholly discounted.

You willing to put your reputation/knowledge on the line against mine? I mean, really. Are you willing to see who is actually more knowledgeable (you or me)?

Again. I have zero confidence in your ability to pay your debts. You are a proven charlatan. Why would I have anything to do with you other than outing you?

"Future of the world is at stake"?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh....I dont know about all that.
Not that it is, but the worst case scenario in this war could lead to that.

World Wars have always changed the world in some way. In none of the previous World Wars were nuclear weapons available but nuclear weapons can change the world in worse ways than ever before.

Putin has nuclear weapons in the same amount and as strong as the ones we have. If he opts for using them and we then retaliate, the world will cease to be as we know it.

Do I think that Putin would use nuclear weapons? No, but then I don't really know and no one else does either.

This invasion of Ukraine does not make any sense for Putin. What he will lose is much more than he will gain and that means that it is a crazy move, any way you look at it. Can anyone ever determine how crazy a crazy person is? No, that cannot be determined with any certainty.

As such, if Putin decides to use nuclear weapons, is it difficult to see where the future of the world would be at stake?

Probabilities are low that it will never get to that point but the probabilities are NOT ZERO!

As such, if Putin decides to use nuclear weapons, is it difficult to see where the future of the world would be at stake?

Well I agree with that, the OP was just sounding like you were saying the world would end if Russia takes over and occupies Ukraine. Sure it could blow up into something big, and thats why I think its extra important just not to rush off half cocked.

Probabilities are low that it will never get to that point but the probabilities are NOT ZERO!

If it does hit the fan...I only ask that a GREAT BIG one land in my backyard.

Sure I do. You advertised here. You posted up your company, your name, and your biographical data.

First of all, I posted about 1 thing that I have done in my life but the fact is that I have been in 5 different industries in my life and successful in all. As a salesman, I was always #1 or #2. In 1987 I left the financial industry and joined a national company called NRC that was selling systems for collecting delinquent accounts but more importantly, people buying the system had to pay "up front" to get it in order to collect accounts that were already non paying. There were 662 salesmen in the company and I started working there at the end of February, meaning that for that year, all the other salesmen had 12 months show what they could do but I only had 10 months to show what I could do. I ended up that year as the #6 salesman in the United States.

In 1988, I started a company from scratch and just 1-year later, it was the #1 company in Miami Fla in that industry.
Look, you claim to be a financial expert, but your work experience says otherwise. Your education is weak. You have limited time in minor roles in backwater shops. Your CV tells us who you are in the finance community and that is a snake oil salesman on the internet.

You evidently did not read well or do not know the companies I worked for.

I worked and was trained by Merrill Lynch in 1980. Just in case you do not know who Merrill Lynch was in the 80's, let me give you some info on them.

Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, with total corporate assets in excess of $400 billion and client assets of nearly $1.7 trillion, as of year-end 2000. The firm stands as the largest retail brokerage house in the United States, as well as one of the leading U.S. investment banks, and is among the global leaders in debt and equity underwriting, bond underwriting, and merchant banking.

I then was hired by Prudential-Bache in 1984. The 4 largest investment banks in 1984 were:

1) Morgan Stanley
2) Merrill Lynch
3) Lehman Bros.
4) Prudential- Bache

Prudential Bache paid me a bonus of $50,000 (in 1984 dollars) to join them. I was one of 3 Technical analysts that were calling the shots for the company that year and for the next 2 years.

None of these firms were "backwater shops" and I did not have a minor role anywhere.

If you say so. You post random snippets.

I do not post anything random. I post OP's that have a point to make and give all the data available for that OP?
Did I bruise your internet ego? You have so much information on the internet that contradicts everything you say here it is comical. Seriously, you realize you have your home address listed on your articles of incorporation, right?

Here is where I can say you have no idea of who I am. I have no ego. I am a person that seeks knowledge and only by being wrong repeatedly can tangible knowledge be obtained. I don't believe I know, I know what I know. I don't know everything and when I don't know, I do not opine. There have been a few occasions in my life where I was proven to be incorrect in something that I thought I knew but then was shown that I didn't. Nonetheless, on each and every one of those occasions, when it was shown (with data and facts) that I was wrong, I apologized.

I know you will find a way to pooh-pooh what I said. Nonetheless, this is all public and official information, just in case you want to spend the time to research it and "try" prove me wrong. I hope you do, so you can actually see what is real and what is fake......................something I do not believe you have ever done in your life.

Thanks for the opening for this post, Bave, you are a good unwary servant.
You are a proven charlatan. Why would I have anything to do with you other than outing you?

Fortunately for me, I don't need or want you confidence. My confidence in myself allows me to live off of my knowledge I have obtained and I do have a list of subscribers (quite a few that have been with me since I started my service in 2007) that do have confidence in me and have been paying me every month for 14 years.

By the way, how about the idea of you and I opening up a thread for 1 month and putting our predictions there so that at the end of the month, we can see who is actually wrong? Up for it?

I hate to treat the financial issues around this tragedy as nearly as important, but since we're discussing them, normally I'd think this situation might be a buying opportunity - that the markets will plummet, but can recover if the situation resolves. But since the market has been so hugely inflated into a bubble, I suspect there's a big chance it'll be an excuse to pop the bubble and it might not come back for years. Of course we don't know for sure.

I hate to treat the financial issues around this tragedy as nearly as important, but since we're discussing them, normally I'd think this situation might be a buying opportunity - that the markets will plummet, but can recover if the situation resolves. But since the market has been so hugely inflated into a bubble, I suspect there's a big chance it'll be an excuse to pop the bubble and it might not come back for years. Of course we don't know for sure.
Three things to give you.

1) The NASDAQ 100 shows decent established chart support around the 13000 and today's low was 13065, suggesting that buying was seen because established support was found
2) They had a guest analyst on Bloomberg TV yesterday. She is one of the main analysts for a big investment brokerage firm and she stated that their information suggested that the SPX would find buying support around 4200 and rapidly rise up to 4600. Reality is that the SPX got down to 4118 today but then the positive reversal was impressive, suggesting their information could be right and more upside is to come.
3) and probably the most important. When the market ends up rallying off of "bad" news, it is indicative that the bad news is already factored into the prices.

3) and probably the most important. When the market ends up rallying off of "bad" news, it is indicative that the bad news is already factored into the prices.

Yup - but I'm not suggesting the market rallying off bad news - that's not what we're seeing initially - but rather whether the market is likely to recover after the news gets better, i.e., whether this is a buying opportunity (it was a selling opportunity).

Yup - but I'm not suggesting the market rallying off bad news - that's not what we're seeing initially - but rather whether the market is likely to recover after the news gets better, i.e., whether this is a buying opportunity (it was a selling opportunity).
Hey, Craig. Maybe you should consider subscribing to my service. It really offers a lot of value and a lot of valuable-on-time information.

Here is the website if you should decide to do so.

<Edited by Moderator>

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I posted about 1 thing that I have done in my life but the fact is that I have been in 5 different industries in my life and successful in all. As a salesman, I was always #1 or #2. In 1987 I left the financial industry and joined a national company called NRC that was selling systems for collecting delinquent accounts...

Great. You got run out of the financial industry from three jobs in a row, none of which you lasted more than two years at and then went and worked as a debt collector. Awesome. That's where I want to get my financial advice from!

You evidently did not read well or do not know the companies I worked for.

I worked and was trained by Merrill Lynch in 1980. Just in case you do not know who Merrill Lynch was in the 80's, let me give you some info on them.

You were a junior broker who did nothing of importance and were pushed out the door in two years. Sounds like someone couldn't hit their production goals.

I then was hired by Prudential-Bache in 1984. The 4 largest investment banks in 1984 were:

After you got run off #2 you got picked up by #4 for a second go, which you failed at. Got it.

Prudential Bache paid me a bonus of $50,000 (in 1984 dollars) to join them. I was one of 3 Technical analysts that were calling the shots for the company that year and for the next 2 years.

Right bud. You were "calling the shots" for a major investment bank with 2 years of experience at which point you got thrown out of Merrill. Right. What was your title there? Who did you report to? 50k in finance is chump change, then and now.

None of these firms were "backwater shops" and I did not have a minor role anywhere.

You were in South Florida at all three positions, in the 80's. You were not in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, or San Fran. None of the major trading locations. None of the major talent concentrations. The idea that you were "calling the shots" for anything with two years of fail out experience from the land of nursing homes is comical.

Here is where I can say you have no idea of who I am. I have no ego. I am a person that seeks knowledge and only by being wrong repeatedly can tangible knowledge be obtained. I don't believe I know, I know what I know. I don't know everything and when I don't know, I do not opine. There have been a few occasions in my life where I was proven to be incorrect in something that I thought I knew but then was shown that I didn't. Nonetheless, on each and every one of those occasions, when it was shown (with data and facts) that I was wrong, I apologized.

Right. You are literally sitting here lying to everyone about your expertise and background. You have repeatedly held yourself out as a subject matter expert and senior executive. None of that is true. You went to a joke university, to get a communications degree, at which point you went to a few backwater offices in South Florida where you failed from one to the next and then got thrown out of the industry. Your resume screams what happened. It takes 2-3 years at each shop to fail to produce until they tire of you. That's what happened. You spent 24-30 months at each firm and got tossed like a sack of fail.

I know you will find a way to pooh-pooh what I said. Nonetheless, this is all public and official information, just in case you want to spend the time to research it and "try" prove me wrong. I hope you do, so you can actually see what is real and what is fake......................something I do not believe you have ever done in your life.

Nothing you said contradicts anything I said at all, except your claims to have been "running" a major investment bank. That's bullshit and we both know it. You would have been in your early 30's at the time with two years of failed experienced, from a joke school, somehow landed in that role? Yuh-huh. If you are so savvy, why are you living where you are? Why aren't you in Naples on the water? Why not Jupiter? You sit in a dank condo complex waiting for death pretending to be something on the internet.

What you are doing is providing people with *BAD* information which can hurt people. That's why I am calling you out. You are not an expert but you are holding yourself out as one and someone might actually listen to you and that is dangerous.

Fortunately for me, I don't need or want you confidence. My confidence in myself allows me to live off of my knowledge I have obtained and I do have a list of subscribers (quite a few that have been with me since I started my service in 2007) that do have confidence in me and have been paying me every month for 14 years.

By the way, how about the idea of you and I opening up a thread for 1 month and putting our predictions there so that at the end of the month, we can see who is actually wrong? Up for it?

Yea, great, and people send money to online church preachers too. Just because someone cheats and cons their way into people's wallets doesn't make them a good person or an expert.

I am not interested in an online pissing contest going back and forth with you as some sort of validation tool. I don't need to validate myself against you, I have no interest in it. My interest here is to expose a charlatan who is advertising and offering bad advice.

Just stop, seriously, it's pathetic. Is this how you wanted to spend your last years?

Great. You got run out of the financial industry from three jobs in a row, none of which you lasted more than two years at and then went and worked as a debt collector. Awesome. That's where I want to get my financial advice from!

You were a junior broker who did nothing of importance and were pushed out the door in two years. Sounds like someone couldn't hit their production goals.

After you got run off #2 you got picked up by #4 for a second go, which you failed at. Got it.

Right bud. You were "calling the shots" for a major investment bank with 2 years of experience at which point you got thrown out of Merrill. Right. What was your title there? Who did you report to? 50k in finance is chump change, then and now.

You were in South Florida at all three positions, in the 80's. You were not in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston, or San Fran. None of the major trading locations. None of the major talent concentrations. The idea that you were "calling the shots" for anything with two years of fail out experience from the land of nursing homes is comical.
Wow, I did not think you were so smart to be able to pick me apart so easily. Congratulations.

By the way and for setting the record straight. I was with Merrill Lynch for 4 years (not 2 as you stated) and they did not kick me out. I left because I was offered a bonus and a higher position (higher income) to leave. You are right in your statement that I was not working at the big investment cities (Chicago, Boston, New York) where they were paying those analysts there over a $1 million per year. I was in a secondary location where the area only encompassed 6 southern states and certainly not many of the high roller investors. Nonetheless, the $250,000 income was nice and I was in charge of accounts that only totaled about $5 billion dollars. I know that was downgrading.

I do also want to clarify that I was not fired but left. Pru-Bache was having problems with the SEC in those big cities that ultimately caused them them to be charged with fraud in 1990 and I wanted nothing to do with that. I left in 1987. The stock market crash that occurred that year had a lot to do with my decision.

Nonetheless, your evaluation of me is "on the dot". I am impressed.

Does that mean you will take the bet I suggested on? I mean, who would give up an opportunity to show what a piece of ill-informed and incompetent **** I am. Not you, right?

What you are doing is providing people with *BAD* information which can hurt people. That's why I am calling you out. You are not an expert but you are holding yourself out as one and someone might actually listen to you and that is dangerous.
Great!!!! Does that mean that our bet is on? That you will take this opportunity that I am giving you to prove your words are "right on"!

I am by nature a person that always looks at the bright side of everything. I am a positive thinker and believe that generally speaking the worst is not likely to happen.

Nonetheless and in spending quite a bit of time over the last week in studying the Russia/Ukraine situation and listening to the experts on who is Putin as a person (people that has studied Putin since he has been on the scene), I have started to turn bearish on what is facing all of us (I mean this world).

It is a consensus of opinion that Putin is a thug. He is an intelligent thug but a thug nonetheless. He is a man that believes he is better than anyone else, including any other leader in the world. Ukraine was one situation that when they seceded from Russia in 2014, it became an attack on his manhood and one that he has every intention to overturn. The other issue that has driven him for many years is that he believes the world does not respect him and that they have tried to control him and that is not something he is going to allow.

When Putin invades Ukraine (no more an "if), that in and of itself is going to create some panic in the world as it will be the first time in hundreds of years that an established, large, and free nation will be taken by force. Those nations that oppose that action will do everything in their power to react to it and that is likely to generate even more of a "balls" reaction for Putin. As such, big conflict in the world will begin, unlike seen since World War 2.

The economic reaction that will start will cause Putin, the Oligarchs with him, and Russia to suffer greatly and Putin is not the kind of a man that will back down, meaning that his reaction will be to fight back and since he has no economic strength, it will likely be with armed conflict. Such an event will open the door to all kinds of potential worldwide catastrophes.

I also read this morning that Putin (much like Trump) has surrounded himself with "yes" men. People that will not give him any other view than the one he has. It was also stated that what Trump did yesterday in supporting Putin's actions (saying it was a genius move) has emboldened him even more.

I see this situation here with the invasion of Ukraine as being the catalyst for a huge amount of problems (if not an all out World War 3) beginning. None of which can bring any good.

I am worried about what this situation has begun to engender, knowing the kind of a man that Putin is (as stated by the experts that have studied him for many years).

We all know what happens when a turf war occurs between two competing gangs. A lot of dead people. Multiply this by 10-20 as there are not just 2 gangs involved but many gangs involved (China, France, England, Germany, Poland, Yugoslavia, North Korea, and all the other nations that are members of NATO or that are involved land-wise or principle-wise) and you can see how far this could go.

I don't know how far this will go but where it is going, there is nothing but negatives involved.....................to all of us.
I think Putin's next move is a cyber strike. A big one at that.

Wow, I did not think you were so smart to be able to pick me apart so easily. Congratulations.

You did all the hard work.

By the way and for setting the record straight. I was with Merrill Lynch for 4 years (not 2 as you stated) and they did not kick me out.

Yea, a lie. You realize you have your linkedin page connected to your advertising page, right? Allow me to quote for you:

"Broken/Trader
Merrill Lynch
Feb 1980 - Mar 1982 2 years 2 months
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
I was a broker/trader in the Commodity market"

You were there 26 months.

I left because I was offered a bonus and a higher position (higher income) to leave.

Right. Because you left the Thundering Herd to go join Dean Witter as a broker? You weren't getting moved into higher level trading or analytical positions. You were a commissioned based broker who wasn't hacking it, period, full stop. That's why every change of job you had was to a lower tier firm. Merrill was the big dog in the room, successful brokers didn't leave ML.

You are right in your statement that I was not working at the big investment cities (Chicago, Boston, New York) where they were paying those analysts there over a $1 million per year. I was in a secondary location where the area only encompassed 6 southern states and certainly not many of the high roller investors. Nonetheless, the $250,000 income was nice and I was in charge of accounts that only totaled about $5 billion dollars. I know that was downgrading.

Sure bud. I am *sure* you were "calling the shots" from a backwater desk as a broker, with four years of failure experience, to a firm across the country, before the internet. So, what were you doing? Fedex'n your slide show to the home office to discuss it with the CIO via the telefax? GMAFB.

I do also want to clarify that I was not fired but left. Pru-Bache was having problems with the SEC in those big cities that ultimately caused them them to be charged with fraud in 1990 and I wanted nothing to do with that. I left in 1987. The stock market crash that occurred that year had a lot to do with my decision.

Right pal. You have the same story as every other washout in the early 80's. You couldn't hack it, you got tossed out, and you went to work in debt collection. That just *screams* "I was running the trading operations for a major IB". Can you point out another example of a CIO falling from grace that hard, that fast, without going to prison, lol.

Great!!!! Does that mean that our bet is on? That you will take this opportunity that I am giving you to prove your words are "right on"!

You are a serial liar and charlatan. I am not betting you. You sit here trying to shill your services on a false reptuation and image. It is criminal, literally.

You did all the hard work.

Yea, a lie. You realize you have your linkedin page connected to your advertising page, right? Allow me to quote for you:

"Broken/Trader
Merrill Lynch
Feb 1980 - Mar 1982 2 years 2 months
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
I was a broker/trader in the Commodity market"

You were there 26 months.

Right. Because you left the Thundering Herd to go join Dean Witter as a broker? You weren't getting moved into higher level trading or analytical positions. You were a commissioned based broker who wasn't hacking it, period, full stop. That's why every change of job you had was to a lower tier firm. Merrill was the big dog in the room, successful brokers didn't leave ML.

Sure bud. I am *sure* you were "calling the shots" from a backwater desk as a broker, with four years of failure experience, to a firm across the country, before the internet. So, what were you doing? Fedex'n your slide show to the home office to discuss it with the CIO via the telefax? GMAFB.

Right pal. You have the same story as every other washout in the early 80's. You couldn't hack it, you got tossed out, and you went to work in debt collection. That just *screams* "I was running the trading operations for a major IB". Can you point out another example of a CIO falling from grace that hard, that fast, without going to prison, lol.

You are a serial liar and charlatan. I am not betting you. You sit here trying to shill your services on a false reptuation and image. It is criminal, literally.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Enjoy it.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

It is actually your opinion. Everything I have said is found on your own website.

It is actually your opinion. Everything I have said is found on your own website.
Yes, my website info is correct and I did say that I worked for Merrill Lynch for 4 years and it was only two. I then went to Dean Witter for 2 years. I am old and my memory is not always the best and there are times I forget the exact details of the past. It is sad that my memory sometimes fails me but it is what it is.

Nonetheless, you have made a lot of statements based on assumptions without knowing the reality and that makes you a person I have no desire talking to anymore. I do not like people that debase others and look at the negatives without considering the positives that do exist. I do know what I know and it is much more than you will ever know, of that I am 100% sure. As such, you offer nothing that I want or value.

End of story. Enjoy your life the best you can. I will no longer be conversing with you.

Yes, my website info is correct and I did say that I worked for Merrill Lynch for 4 years and it was only two. I then went to Dean Witter for 2 years. I am old and my memory is not always the best and there are times I forget the exact details of the past. It is sad that my memory sometimes fails me but it is what it is.

Keeping those lies straight is tough I bet.

Nonetheless, you have made a lot of statements based on assumptions without knowing the reality and that makes you a person I have no desire talking to anymore. I do not like people that debase others and look at the negatives without considering the positives that do exist. I do know what I know and it is much more than you will ever know, of that I am 100% sure. As such, you offer nothing that I want or value.

I don't like frauds trying to scam people either.

Back
Top Bottom