• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Is Preparing to Take More of Ukraine by Force, Biden Says, Announcing New Sanctions

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Russia is preparing to take control of more Ukrainian territory than just the breakaway regions troops entered last night, President Joe Biden said Tuesday, as he announced additional sanctions. Russian President Vladimir Putin has now “asserted that these regions are actually extend[ing] deeper than the two regions he recognized, claiming large areas currently under the jurisdiction of the Ukrainian government,” Biden said at the White House Tuesday afternoon. “He is setting up a rationale to take more territory by force.” Biden also announced Tuesday that additional U.S. forces would move from their current European locations to new posts on NATO’s eastern flank. These forces include:
  • Up to eight F-35 joint strike fighters will move from Germany to several operating locations along NATO’s eastern flank.
  • A battalion of 20 AH-64 attack helicopters from Germany to the Baltic region.
  • A task force of 12 AH-64s will move from Greece to Poland.
  • An infantry battalion task force of about 800 troops will move from Italy to the Baltic region.
In Brussels, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said that NATO’s massive response force is on a high state of alert, but has not been deployed. Stoltenberg also said Russian forces had been seen moving into eastern Ukraine within hours of Putin’s announcement Sunday that he would formally recognize the Donetsk and Lugansk regions as independent and send “peacekeeping” troops there. “Many units are now forward-deployed in combat formations. They are out of their camps in the field and ready to strike,” Stoltenberg said. “We saw last night that further Russian troops moved into Donbass into parts of Donetsk and Luhansk.” “What we see now is additional Russian troops and forces moving in,” he said. “This makes the whole situation even more serious. This is a step change.” At the Pentagon on Tuesday, Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin hosted Ukrainian foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba. “We've all heard President Putin's speech yesterday where he threatened war and attacking the very notion of [an] independent Ukraine,” Austin said to reporters before the meeting began. meeting. "Russia's latest invasion is threatening the peace and security and prosperity of Ukraine and transatlantic community.”

The Russian military forces that have moved into the separatist regions of eastern Ukraine are the leading-edge of a far larger invasion force.

Before moving its military assets further into Ukraine, the Kremlin will first launch cyber-attacks on Ukraine's power grid, television/cellphone nodes, banks, government/military communications, and the internet.

It is important that US Cyber Command map all Russian cyber activities in Ukraine for future reference and also for sanctions purposes.

Despite the threat of war, some Americans in Ukraine are staying put

I don't think Putin will try to take all of Ukraine. I think he will try to make a land bridge to Crimea, expand into the claimed territory of the Donbass regions, then pretend he never invading a country at all.

Still, I think he will have a tougher time than he thinks. This is the first conflict of two modern relatively well equipped militaries we have seen. The ground has warmed up and Ukraine is muddy and ill suited to heavy vehicles. I think Russian casualties will be much higher than he expects them to be.

How is the Dementia Kid getting this amazing intelligence?
Dreams ?
Angels ?
We have reached the stage where his utterances are so cracked that we are not sure if he just drifts into impromptu free association to the despair of his handlers .

' Hello this is Joe Morphine calling . Love you . '
Or is it an off script double ?

I don't think Putin will try to take all of Ukraine. I think he will try to make a land bridge to Crimea, expand into the claimed territory of the Donbass regions, then pretend he never invading a country at all.

Still, I think he will have a tougher time than he thinks. This is the first conflict of two modern relatively well equipped militaries we have seen. The ground has warmed up and Ukraine is muddy and ill suited to heavy vehicles. I think Russian casualties will be much higher than he expects them to be.
The plan if required, which I still doubt , is pin point long range artillery via satellite targeting .
Russians will 'win' within 48 hours .

Back
Top Bottom