• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin is NOT crazy and the Russian invasion is NOT failing

Eastern Ukraine is historically Russian, so I think the West needs to negotiate with Putin to let him have that portion, and then Western Ukraine can be an independent buffer state between Russia and NATO.

China invades Taiwan.
Okay Neville

I've interacted with Bill Roggio online, back when he was chronicling the War on Terror in Afghanistan, through his publication, The Long War Journal.

He says the Russian invasion of Ukraine is working according to plan. The Russians aren't amateurs. The West is simply deluding themselves, and by doing so, they're squandering their chances to influence the situation favorably.

russianhacker2.jpg

My first question was, "Why is Roggio shouting?" So, I looked up the original source. He's not. The Daily Mail is. Imagine that.

Putin is not crazy and the Russian invasion is not failing. The West’s delusions about this war – and its failure to understand the enemy – will prevent it from saving Ukraine

^^^ no shouting

I'm not interested in the Daily Mail's spin. I'll comment on Roggio.

Simplistic, poorly written article. Seems credible, but it amounts to only an expert opinion on military logistics; he doesn't resolve his claim that "We cannot help Ukraine if we cannot be honest about its predicament."

Roggio is probably correct. I don't know anyone who thinks Kyiv won't eventually fall, so I'm not sure what his point is. He seems to be mistaking enthusiasm for Zelensky and Ukraine for thinking Putin is on the ropes. I don't think anyone thinks Putin is being beaten back.

Nice, boring, poorly written display of logistical expertise. Other than that, pointless.
I've interacted with Bill Roggio online, back when he was chronicling the War on Terror in Afghanistan, through his publication, The Long War Journal.

He says the Russian invasion of Ukraine is working according to plan. The Russians aren't amateurs. The West is simply deluding themselves, and by doing so, they're squandering their chances to influence the situation favorably.

Bottom line is simple.

A bully is trying to do what he wants with no thought to anything but his wants/desires and saying "stop me if you can. I doubt you can stop me because I am very strong and committed and I know that you are not willing to do what I am willing to do, which is kill everything in sight even if in the end it ends up killing me as well. My wants/desires take precedence over everything. I want to be famous and there is nothing you can do to stop me!"

As far as "going according to plan", that is patently untrue. Many successfully established and proven military leaders have clearly stated that there are many failures going on. That the timeline and cost of the expected success in attacking and overwhelming Ukraine is way beyond what was expected/planned. The end result may be almost guaranteed but the cost involved is going to be much higher than what was originally expected (or planned) to be.

Last edited:
Eastern Ukraine is historically Russian, so I think the West needs to negotiate with Putin to let him have that portion, and then Western Ukraine can be an independent buffer state between Russia and NATO.

China invades Taiwan.

We’re not giving Hitler the Sudetenland this time. We saw what happened last time around.

I bet you'd be all for ceding these areas back to Mexico, because they are historically Mexican. Right?

Mexico_location_map_1824.svg.png
As a matter of fact, those areas are already being taken back peacefully, through documented and undocumented immigration.

I believe that our friends to the south call it the "reconquista" (the reconquest).

It is going very well for them.

As a matter of fact, those areas are already being taken back peacefully, through documented and undocumented immigration.

I believe that our friends to the south call it the "reconquista" (the reconquest).

It is going very well for them.
Nonsense though actually believed in some quarters of Mexico:
- first we did not steal portions of the current United States from Mexico.
- second, Mexicans come here because they want to partake in the life that we have. They don't come here as some advanced guard for a takeover. That is in a word ABSURD!

Making part of the United States would be self defeating for Mexicans. You can move here and adopt our values and our aspirations. You can't take the territory back and maintain them. Making parts of the United States into Mexico will make them.....well.....Mexico!

He says the Russian invasion of Ukraine is working according to plan.

Then their plan is crap --- running out of fuel and food, the small role of the Russian air force, hitting civilian targets.

This is the 8th day since the invasion. I've done the drive from Kyiv to the Belarus border myself.

It's a 5 hour drive. Russian forces invading from Belarus have STILL NOT entered Kyiv and a 40 mile long convoy has been stalled for days.

This was the Kremlin's plan?

- first we did not steal portions of the current United States from Mexico.
A young, unknown (one-term) Congressman at the time opposed the American war against Mexico in the 1840s.

His name: Abraham Lincoln.

Have a nice weekend.

Why on earth would “the West” negotiate with Russia to give Russia part of the Ukraine?

And under WHAT authority? Ukraine is a sovereign nation. No one has any business slicing that country into pieces to appease Russia.
The authority of the sword.

A young, unknown (one-term) Congressman at the time opposed the American war against Mexico in the 1840s.

His name: Abraham Lincoln.

Have a nice weekend.
And your point?

The Mexicans, rotted to the core from European intervention and weaker militarily by far than the US went to war over the difference between the Nueces River as a border and the Rio Grande as a border. The Mexicans were in no position to argue the point having LOST their fight with what became Texas and eventually the State of Texas. Mexico would have been far better off if the French and the Germans and every other tom, dick and Larry European had just stayed the hell out of there.

Honest Abe was far from honest all the time and was not right all the time either.

It's working, but not according to the original plan. The original scheme isn't disputed, the hope was to take the airport near Kiev, land paratroopers, convoy into Kiev and take over the government, capturing or killing Zelensky. Instead, they were counterattacked and lost the airport, and have been struggling ever sense.

All units that were flown deep into Ukraine to take objectives were/are surrounded, the Uk. air force survives, telecommunications still work, etc. And the air campaign is hobbled by the limited role of fighters and their pilots (who have 1/2 the hours of a western fighter pilot) who only know air to air combat.

That is not to say they won't start to advance again, but to say it's "according to plan" is preposterous. So, unless their plan is to level cities and kill everyone, it looks like they are going to go in with street fighting.

It's working, but not according to the original plan. The original scheme isn't disputed, the hope was to take the airport near Kiev, land paratroopers, convoy into Kiev and take over the government, capturing or killing Zelensky. Instead, they were counterattacked and lost the airport, and have been struggling ever sense.

All units that were flown deep into Ukraine to take objectives were/are surrounded, the Uk. air force survives, telecommunications still work, etc. And the air campaign is hobbled by the limited role of fighters and their pilots (who have 1/2 the hours of a western fighter pilot) who only know air to air combat.

That is not to say they won't start to advance again, but to say it's "according to plan" is preposterous. So, unless their plan is to level cities and kill everyone, it looks like they are going to go in with street fighting.
Putin is losing this war....He just does not know it yet.

No tyrant is so vile that he is not loved by someone just like you Sanman.

No tyrant is so vile that he is not loved by someone just like you Sanman.
This problem has happened because NATO wanted to expand itself up to Russia's doorstep. By relentlessly poking the bear on the pretext that it was dangerous, they have created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Just like the CIA lied us into Iraq. Shock and Awe. WMD's. Bad man with scuds. Ukraine isn't important enough for us to fight WW3, that's what Joe Brandon said.

I guess they better hand out grenades like the Ukrainians did. Too bad Joe left all those weapons for the Taliban to scoop up.

Your post is incomprehensible garbage; it's not an answer to anything I asked and I'm not sure now that you're capable of realizing that. Your failures on this subject have really triggered you.

This problem has happened because NATO wanted to expand itself up to Russia's doorstep. By relentlessly poking the bear on the pretext that it was dangerous, they have created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Seems it was Ukraine that asked NATO they would like to join. Doesn't Ukraine have that right to join?

Besides there are NATO countries already on Russia's border.

China invades Taiwan.
sure why not.......it worked when we ran all the native Americans on to reservations and took their land

Volunteers beginning to arrive answering Zelensky's call for foreign volunteers to take up arms. There are lots of trained, ex-military fighting men in the West frustrated by peacetime. You are not going to like this Vlad.

If it's supposed to be an Afghanistan, then who are supposed to be the jihadists? Don't tell me -- Azov Battalion and Svoboda -- the far right neo-Nazi groups?

If you consider that the Afghan jihad of the 1980s led to the rise of jihadist terrorism, including the 9-11 attacks, then what do you think would happen if you start arming a similar movement in Ukraine, a country whose nationalists fought on Hitler's side in WW2, and where nationalists have a history of ties with Nazi-leaning organizations?

Somehow I don't think that's going to work out well. But hey -- Fools Rush In Where Wise Men Fear to Tread -- so be my guest.
Every country has neo nazis....even Russia. Your lie becomes apparent when all the world finds our the president of Ukraine is Jewish and 3 of his uncles were murdered in the Holocaust by real Nazis, because they were Jews

However, he invades the one that isn't a NATO country without provocation--nice theory you have there. Oh, I know those Baltic states are fearsome.

However, he invades the one that isn't a NATO country without provocation--nice theory you have there. Oh, I know those Baltic states are fearsome.

That country that got invaded had a Capitol Insurrection street coup riot back in 2014, which threw out the legitimate democratically elected govt of Yanuckovitch. Ukraine's population is one third Russian - speaks Russian as their primary language - and most everybody else in the country at least speaks Russian as a second language. That Capitol Insurrection street coup was meant to politically disenfranchise Russian-speakers in the country. In the period leading up to that Capitol Insurrection street coup, the US had spent billions of dollars supporting the groups that participated in that Capitol Insurrection street coup. It's very clear that the US govt under Obama had been looking for a way to grab Ukraine -- not by invading it outright with tanks as Putin has now done, but by using dirty tricks.

Now why would a dumbass like Obama care about Ukraine? Well, that's the entire point of keeping a dumbass on the throne in Washington -- so that all the ass-holes who like to start dirty wars can have a free reign to do so, under the disinterested eyes of the dumbass. Obama was more interested in domestic stuff like how to pack as many of his handpicked judges into the courts. The foreign policy ass-holes meanwhile were interested in pursuing dirty wars abroad. So it was quid pro quo.

But then Trump came in and upset their applecart, so they had to find a way to get rid of him. So that's why they invented the Russia Collusion Hoax out of thin air. Other stuff came in handy too, like when that dumb cop put his knee on George Floyd's neck -- that provided an excellent opportunity for the ass-holes to fan a summer of rioting in the homeland, to throw out Trump in the same way Yanuckovitch was thrown out. Hey, as Democrats say "never let a crisis go to waste".

So now they've got their next new dumbass Biden on the throne, and the ass-holes can go back to their favorite pastime of fighting wars of empire abroad. Putin sees this, and he's getting more nervous from this. Meanwhile, the ass-holes had started appeasing China again in order to avoid hostilities with it while they pursued their dirty wars elsewhere. They didn't see a big backlash coming from it, owing to the fact that Trump had antagonized China by calling them out on the one-sided trade practices and its growing military threat to the region. So while the ass-holes thought they'd manage to placate China again, China had in fact made a pact with Putin. They told Putin they'd back him in invading Ukraine, so that they could then be in a better position to invade Taiwan. So it was quid pro quo.

Now Putin's invaded Ukraine, and China's taking notes so that they can be in a better position to invade Taiwan. "Hey buddy, let's take the plunge together -- but, uhhh, you go first!"

So now the ass-holes don't know what to do. They didn't count on China gaming them while they were busy gaming someone else. So they'll do the only thing they know how to do, which is to double down on the gaming they were already carrying out. That's not going to work, of course -- it's just going to result in a bigger geopolitical explosion -- a Bigger Reckoning.

Back
Top Bottom