• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin is inching towards his nukes, threatening to annihilate the world if he fails to capture Ukraine, says foreign affairs expert

CherubRam

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Putin threatening to Nuke the world if he fails to capture Ukraine.

Is Putin crazy, or is he just pretending to be crazy?

Last edited:

What article are you referencing?

So I don't know how serious, accurate this is, but since this started heating up earlier in the year, my first feeling was that this is about him having cancer. Not sure why he is doing it this way, and didn't even know he actually did have cancer then, but the invasion itself doesn't make sense for the situation, was almost an act of desperation. I have a feeling that this at least isn't too far from the truth of what he wants, even if, hopefully, he can't make it happen.

Mass murder is one of the few things governments are actually good at.

Whether he is or he isnt nuts, the world needs to be ready.

Honestly, the US is giving the middle-finger to Putin for interfering with elections and getting Trump elected President. If only the GOP weren't so corrupt, Putin would never have had to resort to invading Ukraine.

An advantage of the MAD doctrine is that you always know what to do next. They threaten, we threaten.

We have subs parked off the Russian coast that can and will retaliate if necessary.

Your move Russia.

An advantage of the MAD doctrine is that you always know what to do next. They threaten, we threaten.

We have subs parked off the Russian coast that can and will retaliate if necessary.

Your move Russia.

Yes, there’s this.

I can’t vouch for this source, but I saw a similar report on an unrelated site.

Yes, we know.

In the Pentagon, there was serious discussion about making sure that Trump didn’t get to push the button.
I recall that during the last days of the Nixon administration, as he was getting drunk with Henry Kissinger in the Oval Office, his secretary of defense explicitly told the Pentagon brass that if they heard anything weird or out of the ordinary from the White House, they were to do nothing without running it past him first.

The new voice of Ukraine . Yahoo.com. Who knows

That’s why I said I can’t vouch for the source.

But I saw a very similar report on YouTube last night on one of those military “analysis” platforms. As far as I know, it was not aligned with Ukraine, and certainly not with Moscow.

So I don't know how serious, accurate this is, but since this started heating up earlier in the year, my first feeling was that this is about him having cancer. Not sure why he is doing it this way, and didn't even know he actually did have cancer then, but the invasion itself doesn't make sense for the situation, was almost an act of desperation. I have a feeling that this at least isn't too far from the truth of what he wants, even if, hopefully, he can't make it happen.
Lets hope not.

Could be that Putin's time is nigh (cancer) and he will go to any lengths to restore the former Soviet Union.
Could be that Putin is on a suicide mission, and I think it's quite possible.

Could be that Putin's time is nigh (cancer) and he will go to any lengths to restore the former Soviet Union.
Could be that Putin is on a suicide mission, and I think it's quite possible.
That is something to think about.

Yes, but he has surrounded himself with "yes men" who will tell him what he want to hear.
Even "yes men" have their limits. Their own certain annihilations along with that of their families might be enough to stop Putin. But who knows maybe we're all going to be incinerated before too long.

Don't know how serious he is about this. Do know that letting him escalate without punishment will only make it More likely that he will do this eventually.

Mass murder is one of the few things governments are actually good at.
That's because it requires organized effort to accomplish.

It's why we always need to keep an eye on those we grant governing power, to ensure the systems they create don't start doing stuff we don't want.

Back
Top Bottom