• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Has Given Chechnya Free Rein to Persecute LGBT People

Saudi Arabia is a sovereign state.

Chechnya is controlled by Russia.

If Putin wanted he could stop this with a snap of his fingers.

It's a rather important difference.

I live and work in Saudi, and I am a gay man. Sure, its illegal, but very prevelant due to the separation of the sexes.

Just for the sake of clarity, Chechnya is part of the Russian Federation.

In that sense it is as controlled by Russia as Alaska is controlled by Washington.

In that sense it is as controlled by Russia as Alaska is controlled by Washington.

We can never have too much education.

Which is why Putin is responsible for what goes on there. The torture and murder of gays.

I was responding to a lack of clarity over its status.

To answer RV's point, Kadyrov operates in accordance with the constitution of the RF. Putin is not responsible for local law enforcement any more than Obama was responsible for the police shootings of black citizens in Missouri.

To answer RV's point, Kadyrov operates in accordance with the constitution of the RF. Putin is not responsible for local law enforcement any more than Obama was responsible for the police shootings of black citizens in Missouri.

You just said in Post #52 that Chechnya is a part of Russia. Putin is the president of Russia. Ergo, he is responsible for what happens in all of Russia, including Chechnya.

one more poor and scarred gay from Chechnya

You naivete is mind boggling. Putin has a say in every single policy in the "satellite nations" of Russia. Their leaders exist under Putin's command.

You naivete is mind boggling. Putin has a say in every single policy in the "satellite nations" of Russia. Their leaders exist under Putin's command.

He's Russian and a Putin supporter. No naivete. Purposeful disinformation.

Well Trump won't care because he's a Putin crony. And the Pence's won't care, because, well we know why.

So don't expect this to be even addressed by the WH.

So, what is the European Union saying/doing to condemn their neighbor's behaviour?

I mean, they are right next to Putin. Surely Mutti Merkel is gonna cancel the gas pipeline from Russia to Germany ...

So, what is the European Union saying/doing to condemn their neighbor's behaviour?

I mean, they are right next to Putin. Surely Mutti Merkel is gonna cancel the gas pipeline from Russia to Germany ...

Firstly, the EU has no say in the manner in which Putin manages Russia and its satellites. Secondly, Russia is already under EU sanctions.

And if you'd bother to peruse this forum further, you would note that German politicians after the election are taking a second look at Nordstream-2.

Firstly, the EU has no say in the manner in which Putin manages Russia and its satellites. Secondly, Russia is already under EU sanctions.

And if you'd bother to peruse this forum further, you would note that German politicians after the election are taking a second look at Nordstream-2.

But you expect the US to have a say in the manner in which Putin manages Russia and its satellites?!? :lamo

And forget the "looking at" Nord-stream2, because that's where it's gonna stay - they will just look at it ... while it's being completed. (grin)

But you expect the US to have a say in the manner in which Putin manages Russia and its satellites?

Show me where I expressed such an expectation.

And forget the "looking at" Nord-stream2, because that's where it's gonna stay - they will just look at it ... while it's being completed.

Why isn't the Trump administration sanctioning the Nordstream-2 construction companies as it threatened to do?

btw: This thread is about Chechnya and LGBT persecution, not Nordstream-2.

Show me where I expressed such an expectation.

Why isn't the Trump administration sanctioning the Nordstream-2 construction companies as it threatened to do?

btw: This thread is about Chechnya and LGBT persecution, not Nordstream-2.

"The Trump White House never ever even mentions, much less condemns, human rights abuses in lands under Putin's jurisdiction."

BTW: it was you who brought Nordstrom 2 into this thread. :lamo

"The Trump White House never ever even mentions, much less condemns, human rights abuses in lands under Putin's jurisdiction."

Expressing condemnation (as every administration usually does) and doing something about it (as you inferred) are two vastly different things.

That said, the Trump White House has done neither.

BTW: it was you who brought Nordstrom 2 into this thread. :lamo

Quote it.

Expressing condemnation (as every administration usually does) and doing something about it (as you inferred) are two vastly different things.

That said, the Trump White House has done neither.

Quote it.

Good grief man ... now you're claiming you're suffering from amnesia?!? :lol:

Good grief man ... now you're claiming you're suffering from amnesia?!? :lol:

Enlighten us with a link to Trump PERSONALLY criticizing Putin about anything he does. Just one. He criticized Germany for the pipeline not Putin. He always criticizes our allies which benefits Putin.

Back
Top Bottom