• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin Has Given Chechnya Free Rein to Persecute LGBT People

Then you'll continue to bankrupt yourselves with your global military empire, you'll continue to see American forces killed in their various operational theatres across the Misddle East and Africa, and you'll continue to be eternally frustrated by the world's lack of gratitude to the musings of Washington.

How ironic!

How ironic!

No - Russia has no global military empire, and no pretensions to that. You've been seriously misled by your own masters if you think that it does.

And I've lived there.

Bravo :roll:. So what?

There's no residency requirement for commenting, which is fortunate for you because otherwise you'd be dis-qualified from starting all those anti Russian threads.

Then stop with the stupid compliant about people commenting on Chechnya.

:roll:

Are you the same person who told me, on a UK thread, to stick to Russian websites and go away?

They would not because it is an islamic republic of russia, and in islamic republics, only a tiny handful legalize homosexuality(it was 3 or 4) and only one elgalized being transgendered, which was syria but syria also has homosexuality as illegal, so this whole debacle comes down less to a federation itself and much more don to how much those federations are willing to fight their own republics over issues they care little about.

Startlingly Iran also recognises transgendrers and peforms many gender reassignments:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Iran

While it's good that transgenders can get their surgery, the down side is that with the official Iranian line on homosexuality, many gays are persuaded that they must be transegender when they're clearly not, and pushed towards surgery they neither want nor need.

:roll:

Are you the same person who told me, on a UK thread, to stick to Russian websites and go away?

Sure. We don't need Prighozin trolls practicing their Facebook whataboutism tactics here.

Sure. We don't need Prighozin trolls practicing their Facebook whataboutism tactics here.

it´d save a lot Muscovite from putler´s delirium.ru

wH0A5GAkC0k.jpg

jlFHWjXtjYU.jpg

:lamo:lamo

The fact that Litwin liked your post and responded should tell you all you need to know about your style.

:lamo:lamo

The fact that Litwin liked your post and responded should tell you all you need to know about your style.
The fact that nobody (Putinistas excepted) hardly ever seems to like yours is certainly more telling.

Startlingly Iran also recognises transgendrers and peforms many gender reassignments:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_in_Iran

While it's good that transgenders can get their surgery, the down side is that with the official Iranian line on homosexuality, many gays are persuaded that they must be transegender when they're clearly not, and pushed towards surgery they neither want nor need.

I was not aware iran allowed such, but I know iran has a max punishment of death for homosexuality, in which the max punishment is nearly never used, Instead they prefer 100 lashes and a few years jail time for homosexuals, and enforce their death penalties on child mosesters, rapists, murderors and drugs smugglers. no system is really friendly to homosexuality in the middle east, being majority muslim and homosexuality being incompatible with islam, even the nations that fully legalize it put restrictions on public display of homosexuality.

Trump like them too

The US should condemn both nations

We should actually, it is impossible to hold a moral highground when we support the same, it would be like a country of slaveholders condemning another country for having slaves, or calling out a country for treatments of ethnic minorities while supporting and protecting nations ho litterally are worse on the treatment of ethnic minorities.

Saudi arabia has for a long time been one of the worst violators of human rights on earth, it is high time they get called out on it.

Can't defend his buddy Kadyrov so he switches to Saudi Arabia.

A typical Russian whataboutism technique.

No need to defend kadyrov, he was a puppet installed to control chechnya, and is there to do the dirty work so the russian army does not have to continue full occupation.The only way russia is really going to do anything about gay rights is if kadyrov crosses a line and goes rogue, in which gay rights would be used as a flimsy justification to send troops back in the area. Russia is not going to do crap about it as long as kadyrov does what putin/ the russian federation wants him to accomplish, much the same the us will not do crap about saudi arabias violations so long as saudi keeps playing the oil game in their favor.

No need to defend kadyrov, he was a puppet installed to control chechnya, and is there to do the dirty work so the russian army does not have to continue full occupation.The only way russia is really going to do anything about gay rights is if kadyrov crosses a line and goes rogue, in which gay rights would be used as a flimsy justification to send troops back in the area. Russia is not going to do crap about it as long as kadyrov does what putin/ the russian federation wants him to accomplish, much the same the us will not do crap about saudi arabias violations so long as saudi keeps playing the oil game in their favor.

Still can't stay on topic can you? Always with the Russia whataboutism.

Still can't stay on topic can you? Always with the Russia whataboutism.

Whataboutism is the weakest argument there is, it is simply nothing more than criticizing one nation while demanding the nation doing the criticizing be immune from all criticism itself, screaming whataboutism is a half assed way of saying do as I say not as I do.

Whataboutism is the weakest argument there is, it is simply nothing more than criticizing one nation while demanding the nation doing the criticizing be immune from all criticism itself, screaming whataboutism is a half assed way of saying do as I say not as I do.

Yes, exactly right.

Strangely enough, when the tables are reversed and someone starts a thread criticising the US or its satellites, these very same people soon pop up talking about how Russia is so much worse. #hypocrisy

All of which makes discussion impossible.

Whataboutism is the only argument you have when "defending" your beloved Russia.

Whataboutism as I stated is a cheap do as I say not as I do move, by calling it you are trying to give yourself free riegn to mock russia but demand no one can call out your faults or point out your own hypocrisy, basically you are demanding an anti russia circle jerk and not a debate of any sort and seem hostile to any facts that ruin that.

Persecutions of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, persecutions of the LGBT community in Chechnya. Two gay Chechen men have died from torture in recent weeks.

Do you have a point here? Are you under the mistaken impression you're speaking from the moral high-ground here?

I sort of have the feeling that your average Chechnyan official would not really feel the need for Putin's specific permit to justify going around persecuting the LGBT community.

Chechnya is a Russian puppet "state".

So yes, having Vlad sign off on it is rather important.

Technichally the us backs saudi arabia who treats gays far worse, so I can see where it is amusing, it is the pot calling the kettle black, or you could just call it a double standards, calling out chechnya while supporting saudi arabia who hangs or stones to death anyone homosexual.

Saudi Arabia is a sovereign state.

Chechnya is controlled by Russia.

If Putin wanted he could stop this with a snap of his fingers.

It's a rather important difference.

Back
Top Bottom