• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin does not have the backing of the people for war, Biden does not have the backing of the majority for war, German people say no war = update

Razoo

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops into two Ukrainian regions held by Russian-backed separatists, a dramatic escalation that threatens to spiral out into a larger conflict.

Putin had amassed some 190,000 troops near the Ukrainian border and appeared to be making preparations for war. His decision Monday violates principles of international law, but isn’t yet being treated by the West as an invasion that the US promised would trigger a “massive” package of sanctions.

The question now is whether this is a preface to a much larger invasion of Ukraine.

Though Russia hasn’t yet staged the large-scale land invasion that the Biden administration has been publicly warning about for several days, a dizzying series of developments over the weekend showed how the window for a diplomatic outcome has narrowed. After days of fabricated claims of Ukrainian aggression, on Monday Putin delivered a combative, hour-long speech on Ukraine, which essentially denied Ukrainian statehood and portrayed NATO as a direct threat to Russia.

Last edited:
Why wait for an invasion to level sanctions? Why not impose sanctions as a preventive measure so as to remove any question as to whether or not the USA will do so?

The latest on the Ukraine-Russia crisis​

By Helen Regan, Brad Lendon, Rob Picheta, Mike Hayes, Maureen Chowdhury, Melissa Macaya and Meg Wagner, CNN
Updated 11:48 p.m. ET, February 21, 2022

What you need to know​

• Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered Russian troops into two separatist pro-Moscow regions in eastern Ukraine after recognizing their independence on Monday.
  • The US expects Russian troops could move as soon as tonight or tomorrow into Donbas, a senior US official familiar with latest intelligence said.
  • US President Joe Biden plans to impose new sanctions on trade and financing in the territories, the White House said. The executive order will also allow the US to place sanctions on anyone operating in those areas.
Live updates: The Ukraine-Russia crisis - CNN
https://www.cnn.com › ukraine-russia-news-02-21-22
14 minutes ago — He claimed that at the time, Ukraine was “talking to their own citizens ... Russia is still seeking and planning a full invasion of Ukraine.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered troops into two Ukrainian regions held by Russian-backed separatists, a dramatic escalation that threatens to spiral out into a larger conflict.

Putin had amassed some 190,000 troops near the Ukrainian border and appeared to be making preparations for war. His decision Monday violates principles of international law, but isn’t yet being treated by the West as an invasion that the US promised would trigger a “massive” package of sanctions.

The question now is whether this is a preface to a much larger invasion of Ukraine.

Though Russia hasn’t yet staged the large-scale land invasion that the Biden administration has been publicly warning about for several days, a dizzying series of developments over the weekend showed how the window for a diplomatic outcome has narrowed. After days of fabricated claims of Ukrainian aggression, on Monday Putin delivered a combative, hour-long speech on Ukraine, which essentially denied Ukrainian statehood and portrayed NATO as a direct threat to Russia.

Your OP title is based on a lie. At no point has Biden suggested America get involved in a war or asked for anybody's backing to do so. Your side-by-side comparison of Biden and Putin is transparent and ridiculous. You lie because you're dishonest and have an agenda.

Alright, here's my prediction for how WW3 will fizzle out before it even begins: Ukraine will back out of the territory that Russia claims to be property of the separatists, America will sanction the Russian economy even further into the ground, Germany will end up expanding their gas imports from Russia to take advantage of their loss of economic bargaining power. All in all, nobody really wins, but we also don't see millions of dead civilians. One thing I can say for sure, is that nobody is willing to die for Ukraine but the Ukrainians, and that's not even universal for them.

Alright, here's my prediction for how WW3 will fizzle out before it even begins: Ukraine will back out of the territory that Russia claims to be property of the separatists, America will sanction the Russian economy even further into the ground, Germany will end up expanding their gas imports from Russia to take advantage of their loss of economic bargaining power. All in all, nobody really wins, but we also don't see millions of dead civilians. One thing I can say for sure, is that nobody is willing to die for Ukraine but the Ukrainians, and that's not even universal for them.
At least after the current events... of course, the question is suspended in the air whether the Ukrainian army will resist, of course, this is a suicidal attempt at resistance, but remembering the boilers of Debaltseve and Ilovaysk, the Ukrainian authorities have never cared about the lives of their own soldiers... eventually, the shelling of Donetsk and Lugansk will stop, the Ukrainian army will no longer be able to do this.

Every time Biden talks it sounds like he wants war. Who can blame him? He is doing such a terrible job a distraction would be nice. All he ever does is blame other people and things for his screw ups. Now he'll have something else to add to that list.

At least after the current events... of course, the question is suspended in the air whether the Ukrainian army will resist, of course, this is a suicidal attempt at resistance, but remembering the boilers of Debaltseve and Ilovaysk, the Ukrainian authorities have never cared about the lives of their own soldiers... eventually, the shelling of Donetsk and Lugansk will stop, the Ukrainian army will no longer be able to do this.
Whatever happens, I just hope that there aren't too many Ukrainian citizens caught up in the crossfire. Not super worried about the militant separatists or soldiers, they're all volunteers, but my heart goes out to the noncombatants.

Every time Biden talks it sounds like he wants war. Who can blame him? He is doing such a terrible job a distraction would be nice. All he ever does is blame other people and things for his screw ups. Now he'll have something else to add to that list.
If he does end up losing in 2024, he can always fall back on living rent free in your head.

If he does end up losing in 2024, he can always fall back on living rent free in your head.
There sure is plenty of open space in Biden's brain and since nobody can afford houses or rent under his administration maybe they can move in there.

There sure is plenty of open space in Biden's brain and since nobody can afford houses or rent under his administration maybe they can move in there.
Damn, nobody told me that my landlord raised rent because Biden told him to. I should really send the President a sternly worded complaint about his rent prices.

Whatever happens, I just hope that there aren't too many Ukrainian citizens caught up in the crossfire. Not super worried about the militant separatists or soldiers, they're all volunteers, but my heart goes out to the noncombatants.
Judging by what happened, I have the impression... that the issue of Ukraine was resolved by the big uncles behind closed doors.
It is interesting that since February 19, all Western airlines abruptly cancel flights over Ukraine, with the beginning of the cancellation of flights from February 21, what a lucky coincidence, just coincided.
Russia begins the evacuation of civilians from Donbass on February 19 as well...

Judging by what happened, I have the impression... that the issue of Ukraine was resolved by the big uncles behind closed doors.
It is interesting that since February 19, all Western airlines abruptly cancel flights over Ukraine, with the beginning of the cancellation of flights from February 21, what a lucky coincidence, just coincided.
Russia begins the evacuation of civilians from Donbass on February 19 as well...
I'm not so sure we've heard the end of the situation. I stand by my earlier prediction - Ukraine seethes impotently, Russia's economy implodes and Germany makes a killing with cheap fuel. Where things go from a Germany that's more dependent on Russian fuel and a Russia with even less to lose than before, is another question entirely.

Damn, nobody told me that my landlord raised rent because Biden told him to. I should really send the President a sternly worded complaint about his rent prices.
It probably would be a good idea for you to take a basic course in economics

I'm not so sure we've heard the end of the situation. I stand by my earlier prediction - Ukraine seethes impotently, Russia's economy implodes and Germany makes a killing with cheap fuel. Where things go from a Germany that's more dependent on Russian fuel and a Russia with even less to lose than before, is another question entirely.
Of course, we'll see how it all ends, but I have a feeling that Putin and Biden (or whoever is actually in charge in the United States today) have agreed behind the scenes about what is happening and are now acting out.

Goes doubly for you, since you implied the Biden administration controls rent prices.
Nope, didn't imply that at all. I never used the word control either.
It doesn't matter though. Politics is all about perception and polls are proving that Americans blame Biden for inflation. It's going to be a fun mid-term election.

Sanctions are only one component of the equation for Putin. Ukraine has no interest in living AGAIN under the Russian boot. They already know what that is like and they want no part of it. They have already deposed Russian puppets and endured all sorts of economic and political attacks from Putin's puppets and oligarchs to get to this point and they have done it with little to no help from weak, vain and completely out of his depth in foreign affairs Obama and the Putin devotee, the bombastically corrupt and ever unscrupulous Mafia DONald.

All the west really has to do is provide weaponry to Ukraine, sanction Monster Putin and his minions and withstand the economic blowback from their own sanctions. The west will just be investing money and arms. Putin will be investing money and blood. A resistant Ukraine fed arms by the west will simply bleed Putin dry over time. Just as Czechoslovakia in 1968 ultimately ended in the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine could easily result in the end of Putin over time.

Ukraine will fight to resist Putin's territorial claims and they will make him bleed for every foot of territory he does take. As long as the west is willing to provide the arms, Ukraine will fight. Good luck Vlad. You are going to need it. The real question is not how long Putin will hold up nor how long Ukraine will hold out. Its whether the west has the stomach for an investment in money and arms to support what will be Ukraine investment in blood to keep what it clearly cherishes, its sovereignty.

Sanctions are only one component of the equation for Putin. Ukraine has no interest in living AGAIN under the Russian boot. They already know what that is like and they want no part of it. They have already deposed Russian puppets and endured all sorts of economic and political attacks from Putin's puppets and oligarchs to get to this point and they have done it with little to no help from weak, vain and completely out of his depth in foreign affairs Obama and the Putin devotee, the bombastically corrupt and ever unscrupulous Mafia DONald.

All the west really has to do is provide weaponry to Ukraine, sanction Monster Putin and his minions and withstand the economic blowback from their own sanctions. The west will just be investing money and arms. Putin will be investing money and blood. A resistant Ukraine fed arms by the west will simply bleed Putin dry over time. Just as Czechoslovakia in 1968 ultimately ended in the collapse of the Soviet Union, Ukraine could easily result in the end of Putin over time.

Ukraine will fight to resist Putin's territorial claims and they will make him bleed for every foot of territory he does take. As long as the west is willing to provide the arms, Ukraine will fight. Good luck Vlad. You are going to need it. The real question is not how long Putin will hold up nor how long Ukraine will hold out. Its whether the west has the stomach for an investment in money and arms to support what will be Ukraine investment in blood to keep what it clearly cherishes, its sovereignty.

It's not a game. Real mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters will die. For what? Imagine your own family and friends. Would you be willing to sacrifice them for some political objective?

We successfully avoided war with the USSR and in the end, they collapsed without any war. We lost the war in Vietnam. Millions of people died. Today you can freely visit Vietnam. How many people died for nothing?

War is almost never worth it. Bad governments usually fail if given enough time.

Why wait for an invasion to level sanctions? Why not impose sanctions as a preventive measure so as to remove any question as to whether or not the USA will do so?
The reason is wanting to preserve them as a deterrent; once done, there's no incentive not to invade further. So they're adding some sanctions and not others.

100%theatre and that is why I have consistently said there will be no invasion .

There may very well be other matters happening in Ukraine over in the west which demand the total co-operation from Russia and the US and possibly also China , albeit below radar .

If correct , this will necessitate all the posturing to continue for some time with the possibility of at least one False flag to keep the Gullibles' attention firmly fixed on the new independent republics and away from the 'big stuff''

It's not a game. Real mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters will die. For what? Imagine your own family and friends. Would you be willing to sacrifice them for some political objective?

We successfully avoided war with the USSR and in the end, they collapsed without any war. We lost the war in Vietnam. Millions of people died. Today you can freely visit Vietnam. How many people died for nothing?

War is almost never worth it. Bad governments usually fail if given enough time.
You are conveniently skipping over those that matter most in this. Ukraine does not want to live under the Russian boot again.

If the people of Ukraine wanted what Putin wants for them, how easy would it have been for them to:
- not have thrown out of office and in some cases out of the country the Russia-crat Putin puppets that were trying to take over the country economically and make its assets captive to Putin
- not have resisted the efforts to completely infest their governing bodies with more Russia-crat Putin puppets
- held an honest election in the face of incredible amounts of Russian Intelligence interference
- even dealing with what I would have considered betrayal by everybody and his brother with regard to the Budapest Memorandum and finally recognizing that the country with a future that they most looked up to, ours had managed to stumble like a drunken sailor into the mess we are in including bringing to the most powerful democratically elected office in the world, that of President of the United States, first Bush 43, then Obama, then the cherry on top, total whack job, Putin lap dog Mafia DONald.

They may not have realized how stupid, inept and weak Bush 43 was. But they surely felt the heat from vain, weak oblivious to foreign policy Obama of the "PINK LINE in Syria" and Mafia DONald trying to take their young President to the cleaners. But yet STILL Ukraine persists and resists Putin. Seems to me they are proving their metal more than we are at the moment.

Last edited:
100%theatre and that is why I have consistently said there will be no invasion .

There may very well be other matters happening in Ukraine over in the west which demand the total co-operation from Russia and the US and possibly also China , albeit below radar .

If correct , this will necessitate all the posturing to continue for some time with the possibility of at least one False flag to keep the Gullibles' attention firmly fixed on the new independent republics and away from the 'big stuff''
Funny but Russia has already invaded Ukraine twice in this Century and has just done it again LAST NIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom