• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin: Didn’t feel isolated, not all G8 leaders agree Assad used chemical weapons

Michael66

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Putin: Didn?t feel isolated, not all G8 leaders agree Assad used chemical weapons ? RT News

Among the G8 countries Putin wasn't isolated. Which clearly indicates that the justification for US increased involvement has failed and now a new justification must be fabricated. So place your bets!

Here's my best guess: Syria will send a missile into Israel (not really but supposedly) that will scare Hymie's mom's milk cow so bad that she (the cow) will dry up for a solid week, putting Hymie's two month old baby in imminent danger of starvation. Ahhhhhhh, the humanity!!!!

No, in all seriousness, those Americans who need to oppose war with Syria for whatever reason, be it just a hate for Obama, are doing the right thing this time around. And in fact, it doesn't take a brilliant mind to understand that that's in Obama's real best interests too.

Os special interest to Canadians who read this story, there are remarks by Harper of all people, to the effect that Putin is sounding more positive and honest about the whole issue. Harper will have to counterspin that I suppose. He is definitely not that upfront when it comes to US support/lack of.

Tuesday’s communique by the G8 nations calling for an end to the fighting in Syria represents a “much better outcome” than was expected, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said.

Harper also apparently changed his view on Russia’s role in Syrian conflict talks, saying there has been “a very significant move on the part of Mr. Putin and the Russians.”

Re: US's Anti-Syria Propaganda Stumbles

That post is just a bunch of anti-semitic garbage.

That post is just a bunch of anti-semitic garbage.

If you need to play the 'anti'semite' card so quickly at least keep it in perspective. The part I attempted to make humourous was only that and was a actual depiction of the scale of damage done to the Jewish people by homemade rockets and other revenge attacks from without. It's also what I would suggest is going to be something close to what the final justification the US is seeking for war. And it's always going to be doubly effective because Obama would have a very hard time dragging his feet any further on going along with McCain's and his ilk's agenda.

And now, the obvious issue there to address has been skipped over by you completely. Do you have some difficulty taking a position? Would it betray an honest agenda?

I was kinda interested until I saw the source was RT.

What's next, Xinhua says China doesn't engage in cyber espionage?

I was kinda interested until I saw the source was RT.

What's next, Xinhua says China doesn't engage in cyber espionage?

That problem is yours. When you see a link to a source that you've been raised to not pay attention to, I understand how you need to obey. It's similar to that of a child who is raised to believe in the god who is completely incapable of every escaping it's early childhood indoctrination. Or, it's as sure a thing as a baby duckling becoming affixed to the first moving object it sees when it emerges from the shell. It could be a fox! It is still powerless to escape.

And so, once one makes oneself capable of escaping early childhood indoctrination one broadens his/her horizons and begins to understand the world doesn't stop at his country's borders.

Aside from all that, do you think it's not true? Or is it better to just not take a chance on it being true?

The only question I have is... I take that back, I actually have 2 questions.

1. Has anyone in this conflict used chemical weapons?
2. If anyone has, where did they get them?

No, it's everyone's.

No, I wasn't saying it's your problem exclusively, but it seems to be a well established pattern in Americans in general. But I'm wondering it the libertarians with their high ideals would be starting to be a little different? Or are they too just empty bottles who make the loudest noises.

The lion's share of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile came from Iraq, when Saddam was in power.

Good thing Saddam isn't in power, because I'm sure he would be more than happy to come to Assad's aid in defeating the webels.

It's really a good question Jack. Is anyone interested enough to explore the question in depth? Me personally, I've already said that I suspect that the answer is no.

If the libertarians were good for their word and really weren't just on a campaign to destroy Obama, one would think that they would be outspoken and proactive on this issue. What are they afraid of? I think they are missing a golden opportunity to usher in a sea change on US foreign relations and politics. As well as an opportunity to expose Obama as a liar. Or if not a liar then the messenger for liars.

Maybe when the war with Syria starts they'll look back and wish they had. And maybe they won't care because that was never their true agenda to begin with.

No, I wasn't saying it's your problem exclusively, but it seems to be a well established pattern in Americans in general. But I'm wondering it the libertarians with their high ideals would be starting to be a little different? Or are they too just empty bottles who make the loudest noises.

No, it's everyone's problem when people take propaganda seriously.

The lion's share of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile came from Iraq, when Saddam was in power.

Good thing Saddam isn't in power, because I'm sure he would be more than happy to come to Assad's aid in defeating the webels.

I think you need to learn a little bit about chem/bio weapons. A good resource would be your own CIA section leader Pelletiere who debunked the lies about Iraq doing the gassing at Halabja.

But I fear that's getting way too complicated for this cluster........

I think you need to learn a little bit about chem/bio weapons. A good resource would be your own CIA section leader Pelletiere who debunked the lies about Iraq doing the gassing at Halabja.

Are we to believe that Saddam NEVER had chem weapons? Really? :roll:

Are we to believe that Saddam NEVER had chem weapons? Really? :roll:

No, of course not. That's why I said it's too deep. But I didn't for a minute think it was 'that' shallow.

If what you say is true then this is 100%, ABSOLUTE vindication of George W Bush and the lead up to the Iraq war. Somehow, I have to believe that if this was indeed the case there would be a 24-7 media blitz on the subject and there isn't.

Forgive my skepticism but...c'mon.

If you need to play the 'anti'semite' card so quickly at least keep it in perspective. The part I attempted to make humourous was only that and was a actual depiction of the scale of damage done to the Jewish people by homemade rockets and other revenge attacks from without. It's also what I would suggest is going to be something close to what the final justification the US is seeking for war. And it's always going to be doubly effective because Obama would have a very hard time dragging his feet any further on going along with McCain's and his ilk's agenda.

And now, the obvious issue there to address has been skipped over by you completely. Do you have some difficulty taking a position? Would it betray an honest agenda?

The term you used for Jewish people is derogatory, to say the least.

THAT..... is a very interesting point....

while turkey is fighting with syria , a civil war will begin in turkey at the same time

two birds with one stone

There's little serious dispute that chemical weapons were used at Halabja. Some reports and declarations on the war crimes there:

Whatever Happened To The Iraqi Kurds? (Human Rights Watch Report, March 11, 1991)
Chemical Weapons Programs - Iraq Special Weapons Facilities
A/RES/46/134. Situation of human rights in Iraq

Can you demonstrate that analytical line?

easy enough. He was under watch all the time. We even knew when he smuggled oil. So, we'd have to let him for him to do much. By the time the inspectors had finished, we'd have a real good idea what he had, making it even more unlikely. Saddam had a crumpling infastructure, was under heavy sanctions, and had limited ability. He'd be the least of the problems.

easy enough. He was under watch all the time. We even knew when he smuggled oil. So, we'd have to let him for him to do much. By the time the inspectors had finished, we'd have a real good idea what he had, making it even more unlikely. Saddam had a crumpling infastructure, was under heavy sanctions, and had limited ability. He'd be the least of the problems.

Okay. Here is the post you were responding to:

cpwill said:
adpst said:
THAT..... is a very interesting point....

Now, Iran is also under "crippling" sanctions, and don't even share a nice, long, porous border with Syria. Yet somehow they're able to get large amounts of aid to Assad. How, exactly, again, do you see "us watching Saddam" keeping him from being able to aid his fellow Baathist regime?

Okay. Here is the post you were responding to:

Now, Iran is also under "crippling" sanctions, and don't even share a nice, long, porous border with Syria. Yet somehow they're able to get large amounts of aid to Assad. How, exactly, again, do you see "us watching Saddam" keeping him from being able to aid his fellow Baathist regime?

Iran is in much better shape than Saddam was. Much, much better. Not only would it be difficult to sneak past us, but much was degrading.

Back
Top Bottom