• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Putin denies he stole Super Bowl ring from New England Patriots owner

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
If this is true this Putin guy is a very scary man. To think that he basically runs Russia is not encouraging.

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,” Kraft said, according to the New York Post. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Read more: Putin denies he stole Super Bowl ring from New England Patriots owner | Fox News

When Mr. Kraft questioned the men leaving, Putin turned around and said "diplo-matic immunity, muhahahaha! (like that guy in Lethal Weapon).

This is outlandish!

If this is true this Putin guy is a very scary man. To think that he basically runs Russia is not encouraging.

“I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, ‘I can kill someone with this ring,” Kraft said, according to the New York Post. “I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out.”

Read more: Putin denies he stole Super Bowl ring from New England Patriots owner | Fox News

"Kraft's new version of the story differs from the one he gave eight years ago when he claimed he handed the ring over as a gift."
He might have fabricated the first story at the behest of the State Dep't.
Also, the KGB was disbanded in the early nineties, though it might be an easy mistake.
The ring is displayed with other gifts to Putin, so maybe it's a misunderstanding, or maybe...
It's definitely an odd story.

Back
Top Bottom